Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Dates
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 05, 2008 09:03PM

Hello, Does anyone know where I can purchase raw dates. I am searching online and not having much luck, most companys are from the UK.
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Dates
Date: August 02, 2008 04:12AM

Have you found a source? I'm having the same problem...all companies are in the UK.

Date: August 03, 2008 04:40PM

If you go to thedatepeople.net, they can put you on their list for the fall. Also realrawfood.com has plenty right now; they ship from Canada. I should think that glaserorganicfarms.com also has them; you can call them and ask, but I should think so.

Posted by: zfireiam ()
Date: August 04, 2008 04:57AM

Hello, I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but aren't Dates a raw food? They grow on a date palm and are harvested raw, dry off the tree at or near the end of Summer, and there's no reason to heat them or cook them before selling them as they will stay for a very long time in that form without having to process them. Thus, all dates, even commercially grown and harvested, may not be Organic, but for the most part are Raw unless of course they are cooked for whatever stupid reason. Not sure why you seem to be having a problem finding them, there are several sources, many can be easily found on the Internet. I have bought numerous pounds in the past from a company in Dateland, AZ who have a website, dateleand.com
Not Organic, but good price and they taste excellent to me. Just for your info, Dates need 100 days of consecutive 100 degree heat, so one can figure out pretty easily where they will grow, and I would suggest buying direct from the grower, rather than through a company like Hadleys. The Date people are cool, for sure Organic. Sunorganic.com also has a good selection of Dates, especially around the time of Harvest. You will obviously pay more for Organic non-sulphured Dates and that may very well be worth it for you. If you go with Dateland, check out what they call their cooking Medjools. Although not top grade Medjools, a bit drier, (can be soaked overnight if you want to rehydrate them), and less than 1/2 the price of premium Dates. Keep it simple, don't judge yours or anybody elses food! With LOVE always.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2008 05:05AM by zfireiam.

Date: August 10, 2008 11:19AM

YES HI IT IS FUNNY U LOOKING 4 RAW DATEW THEY R NOT TOUCHED U MAY GET THEM OR TRY 2 GET THEM AT AN EARLIER STAGE THAN BROWN, THE LIGHT ONES GOLDEN SORT W STIL A BIT OF CRISP WHICH WOULD BE PREFERABLE THE ONLY DIFFERENCE CIAO,CAROTTE MARTINE

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables