Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

RE RAW HEALTH CENTERS/SPA OR RETREAT
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 31, 2008 01:09AM

HI, CAROTTE HERE, I JUST VISITED W A 7 DAYS STAY THE OHI IN SAN DIEGO,OPTIMUM HEALTH INSTITUTE, I WOULD LIKE COMMENTS FROM PEOPLOE WHO WENT FOR A STAY, .. SOMEHOW I WAS OVERWELMED BY DISAPPOINTMENT, DID NOT FEEL THE SURROUNDINGS JOINED THEIR BELIEFS AND /OR SUPPORTED THEM, LACKED HOLISTIC FEEL, POOL EVEN HAD CHLORINE,... NOW I FOUND THE TREE OF LIFE IN ARIZONA AND FROM THE SITE I FEEL WARMTH AND EXP[ECT 2 GO VISIT, PLEASE ANY FEED BACK ON EITHER SPOTS, THANK YOU,SINCERELY,CAROTTE,CALIFORNIA/MONTREAL MERCI

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RE RAW HEALTH CENTERS/SPA OR RETREAT
Posted by: SunLover ()
Date: August 29, 2008 01:45AM

Hi,

I am currently a guest at CHI also known as Creative Health Institute in Union City, Michigan. It's a beautiful facility. The staff is great and the price is much less than many spas charge. You learn while you are here, so when you return home, you will know how to proceed with Raw Food meals, Sprouting, and more. Ann Wigmore, the founder of the Rawfoods diet, even stayed here & taught.

I HIGHLY reccommend CHI. Feel free to write me with any questions.

Date: September 02, 2008 11:17AM

There is another retreat in Southern Indiana. They do some raw foods at the beginning and at the end of their programs.

It is a Fasting retreat that follows a combination of wheat grass, sprouting some of Ann Wigmores stuff but mostly its the same program that is common in the detox /cleanse retreats in Thailand.

Having been to a lot of centers, this center is unique as you are allowed to help in the kitchen and work with the staff. They are getting a pretty good following, a couple of the Hippocrates staff were there already. What I found really cool was daily colonics are part of the program price.

This place was fun, and....cheap !.....here is their link. www.detoxoasis.net

Date: September 21, 2008 11:35PM

There is a raw retreat coming up in November in Chetek Wisconsin.
Here is the information about it if anyone is interested.

INTRODUCTION TO RAW FOODS WOMEN'S RETREAT

Exploring vibrant health through eating only organic whole live foods.

We provide all your meals and snacks that are designed for your optimum health.

For that added incentive to relax, we have included:
**One chair massage
**One facial &
**One reflexology session

There will be an additional charge for added treatments. Please let us know in advance if you would like extra treatments.

Come enjoy your mini-vacation away from it all.

***This is a hands-on retreat where you will learn to prepare the meals yourself so that you can continue to succeed with your positive changes when you go home.

If you have always wanted to learn how to prepare raw foods, have some knowledge about raw foods and want to learn more, or just want a place to relax and eat healthy food at the same time; then come join us.

Our next retreats are scheduled for November 5th and November 9th in Chetek Wisconsin.
Cost is $500.00 for the 3 days, unless you share a room with a friend or family member. If you are sharing a room then each would pay $400.00 for the 3 days. Every room has its own bath.

If you would like to stay for the entire week the cost is $900.00. If you share a room for a week the cost to each of you is $775.00.
Tax is already included.

We will be having prize drawings to win kitchen equipment to help you with your journey in eating better when you get home, as well as drawing names to chose who will get a room with a private whirlpool tub.

We do have some limits on space, so email us for more information so we can get you booked into one of our retreats today.

Once you email us and we establish that you are interested, we will provide you with a phone number to get even more details.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: November 30, 2008 06:46PM

sounds nice I just came back from Ann Wigmore Institute in Puerto Rico

Date: December 05, 2008 02:24AM

Opening in early Summer 09...80% Raw Hotel in the Mexican Caribbean! Stay tune for further info.

Date: January 26, 2009 03:26AM

I would be very cautious about attending any programs at Creative Health Institute in Michigan right now. They are in the midst of turmoil, hirings, firings, quitings, and total mayhem.

Another alternative is www.detoxoasis.net in southern Indiana. The owner is down to earth,and knowledgable and they in addition to the detox program offer a one week living food raw essentials hands-on food prep class.

Date: January 28, 2009 12:28AM

I was very dissappointed in my stay at Creative Health in Michigan this past summer, as it was lacking on many accounts.

Many of the lecturing staff were unfamiliar with the original Wigmore writings.
As an attending guest we were not allowed into the kitchen area to assist in any way.

There was no support or encouragement for people experiencing severe health issues and / or even to explain what a healing crisis was for the so called healthy person.

Very unfortunate to be left hanging ...
The guests are not allowed an on hands experience on the area of food prep. This unfortunately leaves the student disappointed.

CHI is under new ownershp, therefore, it is in the midst of great growing pains ...

I would not recommend it to anyone at this point in time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables