Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Looking for Raw vegan eco-village in Brazil or starting one up!
Posted by: Lauranewman ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:17PM

I have relocated to Brazil from the UK. I want to join a raw vegan eco-community. I would be interested in starting one up with like-minded people. I have a young child & I want to be with other families. Anyone interested????? Brazil is taking off in terms of raw food. It is stunningly beautiful; fertile land for growing all the foods you could desire; relatively cheap to buy land here; the people are heart-felt; the energy is goooooooood here. call me please 55 14 3814 1226. Laura.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for Raw vegan eco-village in Brazil or starting one up!
Posted by: mrsula ()
Date: November 24, 2009 05:35PM

Hi

Have you been to Ecuador? There is a huge raw vegan eco community located in a village called Vilcabamba. Let me know where in Brazil you are located? I find most South American people to be heart-felt and sincere in their everyday life.
Best,
J

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 25, 2009 01:17AM

I have a 10 year old son and we might be interested in joining you. I have been looking for a community of raw, unschoolers interested in the Ringing Cedars Series of books. We are in West Virginia, U.S. right now.

I know a very nice raw mom who lives in the UK but is currently in Taiwan. Her name is Cheng-yu. You can find her on Give it to me Raw and elsewhere.

Leigh

Posted by: Thiaggo ()
Date: December 14, 2009 10:27PM

Hi, i am form brazil,now living on rio de janeiro and looking for that tto!! living foodiees is really growin on here especially here in rio with two great schools working with that for over 10 years.
I have a special place i sudying to be in ,located near rio but very rural,thee reasson fforr that is `couse of a `close` prject alreaddy happening calleed escola da mata atlantica wich work mostly with ecology eeducation and re-new of the social relations wwith local nature. Thee name off thee city is alddeia velha.
Any intreesting you can mail me!!
thera aree many other great place on brasil too!! like chapada dos veadeiros!
or even the whole south states with there familiar farming traditions...

Date: December 26, 2009 11:10AM

Hello!

Wow! Exciting projects you have in Brasil... I am a portuguese living currently in Switzerland, but my dream has always been to move to Brasil... i would love to know more about your project there.

Whereabouts in Brasil are you located? Do you speak any portuguese? Is it easy to get by just with the english?

Let me know how you are doing there.. would love to hear more from you.

Blessings,

Ilanta

Date: January 09, 2010 09:45PM

Peace ~ sounds nice smiling smiley I really dig the vibes I get out of Brazil, and would love to come some time. Thiaggo - are those schools for the youth you were speaking about doing raw foods and ecology knowledge, or for grown folks? I'd love to know. I have two daughters, 9 and 12, who could use a good school to go to. Please hit me up when you get the time. I'm thinking of making a trip down there if I can get it together here ~ possibly soon. Also, mrsula - if I make it to the other side of the Andes( or is it the same?), would it be easy to find this community you wrote of? I've heard of Vilcabamba, and it sounds small, so most likely, huh? Do they live far out of town?
Thanks to all y'all, and stay blessed. Peace **))

Date: January 17, 2010 11:20AM

We are a french raw food family,2 children 12 and 14 motivated by creating a permaculture self sufficient community in Brazil: Alto Paraiso 200km from brazilia a ideal place, cheap land, great climate, great community.
We might go in march to look for land, anyone interested...

Date: January 18, 2010 05:17PM

Lightluva: Yes, Vilcabamba is a unique place. The best is to fly into Quito or Guayaquil, then connect to Loja. From Loja (airport) it's an interesting 90 minute drive. Let me know if you want more info.
Tribert: Alto Paraiso - yes I also heard about this place. Do you have any specific time frame in mind? We are going to South America end March. First to Vilcabamba, then I want to explore Alto Paraiso region too. Let me know...

Date: January 18, 2010 10:14PM

Yes MRSULA
I ll be in Alto Paraiso in mid march for two or three months.
My problem is the permanent residency ??? Seems difficult even if we have the 150 000 reais!!
Do you have solutions ??
Are you interested by a community setting ?
We keep in touch.

Date: January 21, 2010 08:50PM

Tribert: We first need to explore that area before we make such a commitment. If the place is right for us, then I will continue with looking into permanent residency options. I'm also going to see a place in Spain, situated in the Genal Valley of Andalucia. I met a really nice French family here on this forum and I'm excited to visit them there. Seems like we're connecting with wonderful French families here on the forum. We're from Cape Town, South Africa.

You're welcome to email directly at: mrsula1@gmail.com
We keep in touch!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 08:51PM by mrsula.

Date: February 13, 2010 07:42PM

Hi Laura..

I am planning on moving to Brazil from US in 6 months to live and write books and music. I have a back ground in holistic healing (therapist) and plan on finding a location to live and grow an organic garden. I am interested in connecting with like minded people.

I am very creative and have some ideas for growing for the local markets as a possibility. I was thinking NE Brazil but I am open to other areas as long as they are rural but close to cities.

If any body is interested please email me.

Be Well,

m.kelly87@yahoo.com

Date: March 08, 2010 11:12PM

we are also a family of raw vegans, and would like to join or start our own eco-village of like-minded people.
My husband is French and I am Russian, we are looking for a land in Spain or France, with a great vegetation to start a permaculture, far away from fields as they most likely spray chemicals on them. We would love to live a very quiet yet happy life, enjoying the nature and people who care.
We have started a Facebook page to attract people to get together and start a new project.

[sl-si.facebook.com]

I think, it’s always easier if we have several people/families to start a new project, the country doesn’t really matter, as long as we have right people and opportunity to grow our own food and have sufficient alternative energy source.
write me: newecovillage@hotmail.com

Date: March 09, 2010 02:49AM

Hi Laura,
Have you found a raw vegan community yet? We are raw vegans as well and would be glad to live in a community of like-minded people. What worries me about Brazil is immigration process....How long does it takes and how complicated is it?
Thanks,
Sasha

Date: March 09, 2010 02:55AM

Hi tribert,
I am going to google the area you've suggested, we are very interested to join (or start our own) raw vegan community. I read that you, guys, are going to Brazil in March? Let us know how it went. We are in Canada now, and going back to France in May. Planning to look for a land there, maybe we'll find something suitable for an eco community. due to the crises there are some good deals. Maybe we'll be able to go to Brazil to check it out on our own some time in autumn. Keep us posted how your search went. Thanks
Sasha
newecovillage@hotmail.com

Date: March 09, 2010 03:08AM

To cedar12:
Hi, I know those books you are talking about: "Anastasia" by Vladimir Megre "Ringing cedars of Russia" series, I guess they are now translated in other languages winking smiley They used to be available only in Russian. By the way, a new book #10 just came out in Russia (this march).
I like the principles he described in his books. I don't know if there are many people who read them in US, but there are definitely plenty of communities in Russia formed after people read those books.
Whatever the reason, it's great that people start to think about being good to others, take care of nature and eat healthy food...
stay in touch...
Sasha

Date: March 12, 2010 03:42PM

Ethical Vegan for over 20 years, 100% Raw Vegan for total 6 years, following a 90% to 100% Fruitarian diet. Hoping to set up Raw Vegan/Fruitanrian community in Europe, but may have to go further afield.

Date: March 15, 2010 02:31PM

Hi davfol,
I would love to do the same, to find like-minded people to start an eco project. Europe would be a great place for new ecovillage ! where do you plan to start yours? What country and region?
Let us know:
newecovillage@hotmail.com

Posted by: mirceas ()
Date: April 06, 2010 04:07AM

hi I I'm a family man with one son and we would love to relocate someplace to live other than here washington usa it rains a lot and is depressing please let me know how was your trip to brazil and what is the price of land how can you move by legal standards and more delails about your desires and financial needs to relocate to start up a community or just join one thank you m

Posted by: mirceas ()
Date: April 06, 2010 04:32AM

I neglected to give you my email so you can write if you like rosu929@comcast.net

Date: April 19, 2010 06:56PM

HELLO EVERYBODY,
I am new on the forum, sorry for my poor english, i am French...

There's a meeting in the south of France "pyrenées orientales" in the montains : from the 21 to 26 june (solstice to full moon) 2010 for peoples and families interested to built/join ecovillage(s) vegan project, there's already families ready to move in the end of the summer to brazil.

Arthur from OASISgaia.org in the alto paraiso will be at the meeting [www.cooperation.net]
and i hope other peoples from brasil projects too...like :
[fazenda.abracadabra.over-blog.com]
and [www.redeaurora.org.br]

there's already ecovillages projects that can be a base in brasil to meet and start... land is cheap, multiples possibilities...
The idea is to gather enough families to make a school quickly, without that some families will not make the move...

take your tents, the place will be soon defined and prepared: more info later on that.

you can ask me at nouveaumarc@gmail.coIIIm (please remove the last "III": my antispam)

marc

Date: May 16, 2010 12:52PM

Hi all,
My wife (Brazilian) and I (French) have 2 daugthers and are thinking about relocating to Brazil soon, to create or join a community based on Raw Foods, Permaculture and Anastasia principles.
See a page I created about it here:
[verdemais.ning.com]!
Please send me a PM or reply here if you are interested!
By Nature,
Michel

Posted by: Lauranewman ()
Date: August 01, 2010 05:07PM

Hi Everybody who replied to my original message last November!

To recap, I am searching for a community & I am prepared to start one with some other families. I am based in the state of Sao Paulo, in Botucatu. I have a spare room for visitors!! See the website of where I live www.bairrodemetria.com

There are a few communities here in Brasil but mostly based on groups of young people without families, training others how to start the whole permaculture thing.

www.ena.ecovillages.directory has a list of about 12 ecovilas,

Yes, I read the Anastasia series with delight! It is inspiring.

I am interested in setting up the education-side as a priority, for my daughter of 4 & as you say, to attract other families.

It is not so easy to get in to Brasil without the usual requirements( marriage, offspring). My European friends have managed it, setting up a business here. I am sure it is possible for you to manage it too.

In the South of Brasil it is easy to get by with a little poruguese. But really you can just pick it up when you start living here. There is a lot of English going on.

To be honest with you all, I am a single mum with a strong desire to be part of a larger community/family & put my abundant energies & creative powers into building something for her future, for all the children, & to be nutured & nuture others.

PLEASE email me or call me & lets see us starting something real soooooooooon!!!

Call Brasil (55) 14 3814 0646
email laura@sunshinelearning.co.uk

Good luck & great "manifesting" to all of you!

Laura

Date: August 04, 2010 07:10AM

Hello Everyone!

I'm so happy to find this forum today as I was just searching for the same things! Wonderful to 'manifest' with you all indeed! smiling smiley

I'm a big fan of Chile and will be relocating there late this year or by January/February latest to find land and begin building a simple home and garden for myself. It would be ideal to find like minds and pool resources as these threads describe, building our own village.

In my research, Chile has the most straight forward immigration and land purchase laws for foreigners. If anyone has interest in exploring the options in Chile further, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks very much and all the best wishes to you!

Sincerely,
Michelle
Michlava@hotmail.com

Date: September 14, 2010 07:58PM

Hello everybody interested in Brazil,
We are a raw family (english-spanish) who are living in Brazil for next to two years. Was difficult but we have our foot there now. Looking for other families to join. We are living in a wonderful place with great neighbourgs and nice steiner school in the countryside. Privilege place. We are open to move elsewhere in Brazil in alto Paraiso bet is successful. anybodsy wanting to visit Brail is welcome to come to uas as well. Anybody wanting more information only has to ask. We are eager to share our adventures.
Carme

Posted by: Thiaggo ()
Date: September 26, 2010 10:52PM

Hello every one! sorry taking so log to be back!
so
Alto paraiso as some body told ghere is a GREAT place in brazil! there is 'chapada dos veadeiros' there... full of pure water fontain(the air is really dry) and LOT´S of crystal´s...
Not speak protugues can be a problem if you be 'alone' ussualy in brazil(and i think it happens many places) peaple make prices goes really high for every thing when you a 'turist' but once you get envolved brazil is very friendly,very!

Date: November 26, 2010 06:16PM

We are in the process of establishing an ecovillage near Brazil in Guyana. If interested you will have to reach me by telephone in the evening, I am currently in Venezuela +58 212 516-0361.

This is all due to start in the next 60 days.

Date: December 25, 2010 08:59PM

Hello,

We have started an Ecovillage last year, now we have a huge main house of 280m² with 2 dormitories, a kitchen with omega juices, vitamix, excalibur dehidrator, many fruit trees including açaí (acai berry). We are opening places for raw foodistis who wants to join us as volunteers, members, etc.

We are located in Nova Friburgo, 2 hour drive from Rio de Janeiro.

our website: [www.pindorama.org.br]

our email: contato@pindorama.org.br

Best whishes,

Krishnaprem
Instituto Pindorama
Simple Living, High Thinking.
[www.pindorama.org.br]

Date: March 15, 2011 11:04AM

Hello all,

Announcing our own project of sustainable community in Brazil based on the principles of raw-foodism, natural hygiene, permaculture and inspired by the Anastasia spirituality.

At this stage, we have written down our vision and are looking for like-minded souls to co-create! For details, access our website here: [bit.ly]

In health,
Michel

Posted by: rawcommune ()
Date: October 10, 2011 03:54PM

Hi everybody

we have been traveling around the world for 2 years now (Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Paraguay, Panama, Costa Rica)
and believe that Costa Rica (CR) offers the best spots on earth to establish a raw foodists' community.
CR is a peaceful country with friendly people although it is not south america but central america ;-)
In some points it is true that CR is the most expensive country in Latin America (e.g. cars, some kinds of electronics, diesel...or western life style in general) on the other hand we have seen (not in the internet but in reality) a lot of farms nearly all over CR and found properties far below US$ 10.000 a hectare (1 Ha is 2,47 acres).
We have concentrated on the southern caribbean cost of CR the last 2 months and think this is the best region to plant highly tropical fruits all the year round. the season for durian, cempedak and jackfruit is much longer compared to other regions where you have a real DRY dry season.
We have found a 21 Ha farm for US$ 210.000 asking price that offers flat areas but got fantastic ocean view. Maybe we can get the farm for something like US$ 180.000.
Actually ocean view is not so important to us because we would like to buy a larger piece of land, something like 40 Ha or larger. This week we will see a couple of farms that have more than 200Ha sold at US$ 1000 per Hectare.

All the farms we have seen have road access. We plan to instal solar energy.

We are not vegan or vegetarian but strictly raw (mainly eating fruits, veggies and herbs but animal food sometimes, too) and want to establish a raw food community that has like-minded people. The center of the property will be reserved for raw foodists only but if we buy a larger piece of land we will sell parts of the property to mild rawfoodists or people who want to become eco-self-sustaining.

We got all the criteria for our future property, the community and a lot of photos on our homepage:
www.rohkostarica.de

Our e-mail is
info@rohkostarica.de

Best
Konstantin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables