Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

LET'S START A NEW ***RAW VEGAN*** 100% SUSTAINABLE ECO VILLAGE/COMMUNITY?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 09, 2010 02:41AM

GREETINGS EVERYBODY!!!

We are a family of raw vegans, and would like to join or start our own eco-village of like-minded people.

My husband is French and I am Russian, we are looking for a land in Spain or France at the moment, with a great vegetation potential to start a permaculture garden, far away from fields (as they most likely spray chemicals on them). We don't want to breath toxic stuff, right? We would love to live a very quiet yet happy life, enjoying the nature and people who care about others.

We can open a small retreat/relaxation center so everybody will have an opportunity to make some income and support the economy of the village.

We have started a Facebook page to attract people to get together and start this new project.

[sl-si.facebook.com]

We've been traveling around the world looking for a best spot to start a small community of people who would love to live differently, enjoy life and treat the planet right. Raw Vegan life style would be the core of that community along with love for life and for other people.

I think, it’s always easier if we have several people/families to start a new project, the country doesn’t really matter, as long as we have the right people and opportunity to grow our own food and have sufficient alternative energy source (sun, wind, or/and water)

EUROPE, CENTRAL OR SOUTH AMERICA OR RUSSIA?

We definitely need to to have drinkable water source on our land, fertile land & preferably not too cold of a climate. A little paradise on Earth far enough from the cities/towns/villages to enjoy quiet mornings without technocratic sounds

write us your ideas: newecovillage@hotmail.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LET'S START A NEW ***RAW VEGAN*** 100% SUSTAINABLE ECO VILLAGE/COMMUNITY?
Posted by: mirceas ()
Date: April 06, 2010 04:19AM

please let me know how's the search going with you have you found some land what country how much and all the details thank you m

Posted by: mirceas ()
Date: April 06, 2010 04:35AM

I neglected to write you my email please write and let me know how you are doing with the project I have some ideas of the place you may like it my email is rosu929@comcast.net

Date: April 12, 2010 06:51PM

This sounds exciting! I would like to know more about it. My e-mail address is: hijadelucy@yahoo.com. Would love to hear from you. Peace and Blessings to you.

Posted by: Lauranewman ()
Date: August 01, 2010 05:17PM

GREAT! Please add me to your mailing list.

I moved from London to Brasil. I am looking for an eco-village here. Maybe we can keep in touch & support each other. It sounds like we want the same thing!

Laura
laura@sunshinelearning.co.uk

Date: August 04, 2010 07:00AM

Hello Everyone! Very interested in this post and am planning to make this happen in Southern Chile. I'm American, living overseas for many years, and have been researching the best place for this for the past 3 years. Chile is the top of the list for me. Foreigners have equal land privilege; the country is booming with organics and has some of the most pristine land in the world; very low corruption and police presence; police are known to be extremely honest and kind. High tolerance for diversity and the land is unbelievably affordable.

I'd like to create the same thing you describe here but also a Healing Retreat where the community can come to learn and improve their lives.

I'll send a separate email to the original post and feel free to reach me at michlava@hotmail.com.

Wonderful to meet you all here!

All the best,
Michelle

Posted by: asya ()
Date: August 08, 2010 08:23PM

Everything else sounds great, but it sounds like the weather in southern Chile is cool and rainy year round - too close to Seattle weather that I dread now...

Does anyone know of a raw community in a year-round warm climate?

Posted by: suzana ()
Date: August 13, 2011 09:25PM

I am very interested. I am actually looking to start a vegan raw village myself. I have researched quite a few raw eco-villages but they seem to be very money/profit oriented and is quite expensive to get in and that kind of defeats the purpose too. I am thinking it would be great to be in an area where food grows all year. I am considering now California, New Mexico and Costa Rica. So far Costa Rica seems to be the easiest choice because lots of lands already have mature fruit trees so we could move in right away and start building and planting more trees and our gardens. I have looked and found several land pieces. One that caught my attention is over 250 acres, has several fresh water springs, a 300 foot waterfall forest, pasture, ocean views. Because of its elevation the temperature is not too hot and has already a fruit grove with 25 different species! the price is amazing for the size, we would need to gather about 265k to buy the land so the more we are the betteer! If we are 20 members we would need about 13k each... I am very inspired by the model of eco-village described in the book Anastasia Ringing Cedars, which states that for optimum success, each member/family must have a hectare (2.5 acres) of land and explains how to set it up as to become a little piece of paradise! The land could easily support more members... and eventually some of our investment may come back while new members move in... At least 100 acres should be preserved as common grounds, hiking trails and parks. My idea is to live as simply as possible and preserve as much as possible the natural look of the environment while improving its beauty in every corner we can...even our gardens can be arranged in edible landscapes. Since the land has gently rolling hills, the option of building inexpensive Earthbag homes came to mind, such as those of Cal-Earth institute but covered in greens, like a cheerful hobbit home style... a little like this: [www.lotrplaza.com] But I realize that this idea is quite "different" so we can work with other suggestions too. I would like to start doing something soon, very soon... I was at the point of buying just a piece of land for myself but the idea of having like minded neighbors is priceless and then I found this smiling smiley My email is suzana_p79@yahoo.com If anyone is interested in this please contact me.

Posted by: rawcommune ()
Date: October 10, 2011 03:16PM

Hi everybody

we have been traveling around the world for 2 years now (Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Paraguay, Panama, Costa Rica)
and believe that Costa Rica (CR) offers the best spots on earth to establish a raw foodists' community.
CR is a peaceful country with friendly people although it is not south america but central america ;-)
In some points it is true that CR is the most expensive country in Latin America (e.g. cars, some kinds of electronics, diesel...or western life style in general) on the other hand we have seen (not in the internet but in reality) a lot of farms nearly all over CR and found properties far below US$ 10.000 a hectare (1 Ha is 2,47 acres).
We have concentrated on the southern caribbean cost of CR the last 2 months and think this is the best region to plant highly tropical fruits all the year round. the season for durian, cempedak and jackfruit is much longer compared to other regions where you have a real DRY dry season.
We have found a 21 Ha farm for US$ 210.000 asking price that offers flat areas but got fantastic ocean view. Maybe we can get the farm for something like US$ 180.000.
Actually ocean view is not so important to us because we would like to buy a larger piece of land, something like 40 Ha or larger. This week we will see a couple of farms that have more than 200Ha sold at US$ 1000 per Hectare.

All the farms we have seen have road access. We plan to instal solar energy.

We are not vegan or vegetarian but strictly raw (mainly eating fruits, veggies and herbs but animal food sometimes, too) and want to establish a raw food community that has like-minded people. The center of the property will be reserved for raw foodists only but if we buy a larger piece of land we will sell parts of the property to mild rawfoodists or people who want to become eco-self-sustaining.

We got all the criteria for our future property, the community and a lot of photos on our homepage:
www.rohkostarica.de

Our e-mail is
info@rohkostarica.de

Best
Konstantin

Posted by: jamila ()
Date: March 14, 2014 08:50PM

Aloha~ We are Asante Gardens, a small pioneering, raw vegan village in lower Puna, Hawai'i. We are 5 adults and one child putting the call out for another couple or family to join our tribe here in this incredible orhard of exotic tropical fruit in one of the most abundant, sustainably-minded, and community oriented neighborhoods in the world. We are co-creating a healing center and sanctuary for folks to come and live and experience the raw vegan sustainable lifestyle. You can check out our website for more information www.asantegardens.org, our buy in cost is sliding scale and very reasonable. and please spread the word to others that this may apply to, this is an amazing opportunity for folks wanting to live and co-create this new paradigm, sustainable raw vegan tribal living. Blessings and love~~~~
~Jamila
jamila@crystal3.com

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 07, 2014 07:31PM

Jamila, i just sent an email to you! I look forward to hearing back from you!
Peace and love!

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables