Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

DREAM ZONE ... a great adventure!
Posted by: joy_peace ()
Date: June 20, 2010 10:36PM

I just received the 1st printing of my new novella DREAM ZONE. The main character is a raw foodie. [grinning smiley] On the sly several raw recipes are given. I plan to share a couple more as I promote the book.

Check the blog for an Paypal link. Price is $12 = $9 book, $3 shipping.

From the back cover:
Come along with Janise Foster as she travels to foreign worlds and through time.

Is Troy really trustworthy? Will Claire seek revenge? Can Janise be happy in a different society?

Unsure of who to trust or the reason it happens, go with her and learn how each adventure affects all those involved.

I know you'll enjoy the story. Bless you!

DREAM ZONE Blog
[janice-mariesmith.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2010 10:39PM by joy_peace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DREAM ZONE ... a great adventure!
Posted by: joy_peace ()
Date: June 28, 2010 03:52AM

Here's an excerpt:

Chapter 3

Diane doesn’t sleep after going in the bedroom to lie down. There’s too much to think about. Things like, how is she going to make her next mortgage payment. The lure of home ownership without fully reading the contract or asking the right questions is now a burden. Her note has double over the past year. Who’s responsible? There is no way the bank or investors should expect anyone to adjust to such a big change so quickly.

While at the game today she found herself talking with shady characters who could help her find a solution. At least for a couple of months. The downfall is what it entailed. You guessed it, throwing the game. With all the joy she has had over the years winning, it is hard to accept losing. Especially when you do it on purpose.

She tries to make herself feel better because it is a known fact that there is a lot of game fixing in all sports, amateur and professional. Surely the coaches and other players know. Maybe not.

Diane is torn because she doesn’t know if she should tell anyone or keep it to herself. She weighs all options. If she doesn’t throw the championship game, she will lose her house. The $25,000 prize would be split 5 ways. If she does, home sweet home is OK. She receives $15,000 under the table. The debate really doesn’t require much thought.

She picks up her phone … and text her contact, “Game On.”

Kaitlin looks in, “Are you awake?”
“Yeah, real tired though. I just need to check my phone.” Putting it down, nervously, “What’s on your mind?”
“I probably shouldn’t be saying anything but I don’t like the way Elisabeth was eyeing Janise today. It wasn’t right, you know, for them to be best friends. Of course, I don’t really know her. I do know that sometimes she’s not cool. Do you ever feel that from her?”
“Kaitlin please, no, I haven’t noticed it. I have too much on my mind right now. I think you’re tripping. You watch too much television. Janise and Elisabeth have been friends for years.”
“Elisabeth is always complaining, and usually it about Janise! I can’t believe you don’t see it,” Kaitlin debates. “Even today, after the game. Geesh, what does the girl have to do? Janise is our wind! Super fast with a great arm. You see how she handles the slingshot? I want to find out why Elisabeth treats her badly and you have to help me.”
“Help you mind your business. I don’t see anything wrong. Hey, you hungry? I can make us something to eat. Want a salad?” Diane offers while walking by heading to the kitchen. “I picked up the new organic Spring Mix at the market yesterday.”
Kaitlin isn’t thinking about food. She’s thinking about Elisabeth and the bad vibes she felt from her today. She knows her thoughts are valid and plans to out Elisabeth the next time they’re together.
“Kaitlin, Kaitlin, are you listening to me?” Diane asks.
“I didn’t hear you. What is it?”
“Did you want tomato? Onions? I’m making a salad remember?”
“Oh yeah, sure, give me the works.”

(c)-2010 Janice-Marie: Smith, all rights reserved.
Printing prohibited without permission

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2010 03:53AM by joy_peace.

Re: DREAM ZONE ... a great adventure!
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 28, 2010 08:34AM

sounds pretty good so far ^_^

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables