Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Seeking Caretakers for Small Organic Farm in Belize, Central America
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 05, 2010 04:31PM

Marcelle & I are long-term advocates (30 years) of Natural Hygiene and have created a small organic farm in the tropics of Belize. You can see lots of pictures and get information at this website:
[www.vidaclara.com]

We are looking for 1-2 caretakers (couple preferred) for our small organic farm and homestead on 40 pristine acres in Belize, Central America. Ideally we would like a long-term commitment; a minimum of 6 months stay is required. We need to return to the USA for extended periods of time starting August 2010 to care for Robert's elderly mother.

Contact us at robertandmarcelle@gmail.com

Please note: This is a work exchange position. This is not a paid salary position. We provide a monthly stipend towards your food and immigration fees.

We've had people ask if they can get a part time job in Belize. You will not be able to get a job in Belize with your tourist visa status. Jobs go to citizens of Belize.

Responsibilities:

About 1-3 hours of work per day including:

* Mowing / Weed eating / chopping / maintaining grounds
(We have a 2 acre fenced and cleared area for the cabins and orchard. Most work is within this area.)
* Orchard tree care - fertilizing / mulching / watering during dry season
* Maintenance of solar power and water systems (minimal)
* General maintenance of buildings
* Care of three dogs

You receive:

* Accommodations in one of our cabins
* A monthly stipend towards food and immigration fees
* Organic fruit from the orchard (bananas occasionally now, next year many trees with begin producing)
* Internet access (bring your own computer)
* Use of our work truck when we are gone
* Immersion in pristine nature with pure air and water

Most of your time can be spent relaxing and pursuing your own interests such as writing, internet business, etc. This is an excellent opportunity for those on a contemplative spiritual path.

You can grow your own vegetables if you choose. We have raised beds ready for planting.

Enjoy privacy and the whole place when we are gone, which may be up to 4-6 months a year. When we are here, you can remain here or use the opportunity to get away, visit family and pursue other interests.

Since we have 3 territorial dogs here, we can't have caretakers bring their own pets, sorry.

Ideal candidate:

* Able to make at least a 6 month commitment, but we prefer a year or longer
* Internally strong, balanced, gentle person
* High integrity
* Independent and self-reliant
* Can both follow directions and make sound decisions
* Good work ethic
* Likes being alone as the property is remote
* Very fit, healthy (you need to be quite tough and strong for this lifestyle)
* Natural health enthusiast; high fruit/vegetarian diet
* Avid dog lover (you enjoy dogs living indoors with you)
* Loves and respects nature
* Experienced with permaculture / organic farming / orcharding
* Have lived in hot/humid climates without a/c (fans keep you cool here)
* Experience living in a third world country
* Familiar with off-grid living, solar power, spring water system
* Good basic handyman skills in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc.
* Experienced caretaker

If you have ever wanted to live in the tropics, grow and eat your own food, take care of lots of tropical fruit trees, live a simple life immersed in pure air, water, forest and sunshine, this might be perfect for you.

If you think that you fit our needs, and we fit yours, then please do study our website closely to get a good feel for what we have going on.
[www.vidaclara.com]

After that, if you are very interested in the position, please complete the application and email it back to us asap. You can find the application at the bottom of the web page.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seeking Caretakers for Small Organic Farm in Belize, Central America
Posted by: blakecbunch ()
Date: February 08, 2014 11:50PM

To Whom it May Concern:

My name is Blake Bunch, and I am a writer/editor/chef/surfer living in San Diego, CA. My girlfriend Erin and I were looking through posts for caretaker positions, and we just came across yours!

I find that we would be ideal candidates for this position, as we are pet owners (they would stay behind in the U.S.), very hard workers, clean, are organized, and eco-friendly. I have also worked nearly every facet of construction - from plumbing to electrical and flooring, and could put these skills to use when needed.

I do not want to take up too much of your time, so please feel free to email me at blakecbunch@gmail.com, or contact me on Facebook @ Blake Bunch.

Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Blake C. Bunch

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables