Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

NJ/NYC/PA - Adorable little kitten seeks \\\\\\to type this post!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 13, 2006 04:41PM

I meant to type "healthy, permanent home" but she's playing - she's affectionate - playful - purry - intelligent - companionable - grey stripey shorthair little girl. You don't have to be raw to adopt her, but you must neuter her, never declaw her, never give her over to a kill shelter, and you must feed her kitty "health food" - brands you can get at the health food store. Evolution-brand vegan (available online at amazon.com - buy it through the link at lcanimal.org give them a donation) fine, raw diet fine. Please email tongir@webtv.net if interested. She is currently in Central NJ/Bucks County PA area but could be sent up to NYC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NJ/NYC/PA - Adorable little kitten seeks \\\\\\to type this post!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 02, 2007 02:39AM

I hope you've already found a home who would meet your requirements, as they're the most basic needs of any cat.
In case you haven't, though, I'd like to recommend that you get her spayed yourself, and charge a small fee. I'm sure you already realize this, but for others, people will say anything to appease an "owner" if they want the kitten, whether their intent is honest or not. I saw rescuers make that mistake many times, only to find out later the cat got pregnant because they "MEANT to do it!" or they "just really believed it was good to let her have one litter." (why in the world would that be good???)

They haven't seen the thousands being put to death every year in any given shelter. And they don't comprehend the reality of the numbers even if you present them with the stats from a local shelter.

What's even better about getting the spay done yourself (besides knowing it's been done) is that it gives you a good reason to charge a fee, eliminating the many who will toss the cat after:
a. They get tired of her endless litters of kittens
b. she gets sick and they don't want to spend money on a vet
c. they start letting her outside when she goes through the brief, but destructively curious teen phase, only to have her then get into a habit of bringing unwanted "gifts" into the house, and getting fleas.
d. they decide their furniture means more to them than a life, and they don't have "time" to train her not to scratch furniture.

Alternatively, if you don't have the money to do it...or take in too many to do it for all of them, you might do what I've done sometimes. Tell them they can have her for free, but they need to make an appt. with a vet of their choosing. You'll keep her until her appt.s then you take her in to be spayed. They pick her up and pay for her, and then take her home.
voila'. ..it's done. Or they could just call and prepay their vet, too.

A lot of folks get angry with adopters wanting this kind of control. I just remind them that the cat is currently mine, and I've spent a lot of time and money on her, and want to know she's going to a good home. When they say, "oh, we'll give her a good home", I say "great! But just as in any other business deal, handshakes and promises are worthless, which is why there are contracts and payment."

I don't argue past that. If it's just about "winning" the argument, they can always get a freebie kitten out of the classifieds or in front of Wal-mart, who they'll likely toss out a year later, and say he/she must have run away and found another home.
But, at least it won't be yours that it happens to.
Blissings!!!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables