Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

For Sale: Vita-mix & Champion Juicer
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 24, 2006 03:44AM

It kills me to part with these. I have not been successful on raw foods yet, but I am determined to be. However, I care for dozens for homeless animals, and they need a fence to stay safe. The materials are going to cost a little under $400 (I'm doing all the labor myself). I don't have the money and I don't have anything else to sell, so the Champion & Vitamix have to go. Hopefully, I will be able to buy replacements in the future.

Photos here -- [uddipio0.tripod.com]

-------------CHAMPION JUICER $90--------------

Comes with: (refer to photo w/ red numbers)

1) Juicer Motor--1/3 horsepower motor that runs at 1725 rpm. It works fine. The switch is firmly in place and works perfectly. The cord plugs into a standard home 110 outlet and the cord has no damage at all.

2) Juicer Funnel--Can be used to help feed small things like nuts or small berries into the mouth. It is clean and in perfect condition.

3) Tamper--Helps push the food into the juicer cutter. It's in excellent condition and clean.

4) Juicer screen--stainless steel piece with holes to extract the juice from fruits and vegetables. It is clean with absolutely no debris in the holes. I scrubbed it with a brush after every use. This is important since the holes are so small and a little clogging can greatly affect how well it juices.

5) Spout--This piece holds the blank plate or juicer screen (depending on what you are doing) on the juicer and directs the juice to the container (in the case that you are juicing instead of homogenizing). It is in excellent condition. Might have minor stains, as all the parts will, but has been thorougly cleaned.

6) Cutter--This piece slips on the shaft of the juicer body. The metal shaft has to be greased with Crisco regularly (I'll include the Crisco in your purchase), & I religiously did this, so the cutter slides on and off with ease.

7) Blank plate--attachment that allows you to make fruits, vegetables, or nuts into a smooth substance. I once tried freezing some strawberries, then running them through the Champion with the blank plate and a really smooth ice cream-type came out. I think that is called a sorbet. It was delicious! I also used the Champion with nuts which resulted in a smooth, pate-like substance. This is something that I was unable to do even with an expensive Vitamix blender!

8) Juicer Body--This piece is clean, though may have some stains. No scratches on the gray insides, but the tube where you feed the produce into the juicer may have some light nicks. Fits onto the motor house just as it's supposed to.

Also comes with the instruction book--very important to read the interesting tips, tricks, and recipes in there!

In addition to juicing and homogenizing, the Champion also grates food. Before I bought this juicer, I had never heard that it could grate. So when I read the instruction book that said it did, I was skeptical. So I tried it with a carrot and it essentially cut it up into small pieces! It won't grate quite the same as if you ran a carrot over a hand grater. Those pieces are a little longer and dry. The pieces that come out of the Champion are wetter, but it's a whole lot faster than having to grate or cut something up!

You can also use the Champion to grind your own coffee, flour, oats, etc. It requires a separate grain mill attachment (NOT INCLUDED) for the juicer.

----------------VITA-MIX 5000 $353----------------

This is a lightly used machine bought NEW in May 2005. I have the original cash receipt, so you will have full use of the warranty.

This machine comes with:

--High-Performance 2 peak motor horsepower

--Durable Half-Gallon (64 oz) Container (with Wet Blades for processing wet kinds of food....Dry Container sold separately)--Made of space-age polycarbonate for superior durability. Square-bottomed design for impeccable processing every time. There are no cracks or damage of any kind on the container.

--Patented Spill-Proof Vented Lid--Super-secure, with a removable plug for adding ingredients while the machine is running. In excellent condition, no damage to lid or plug.

--Stainless Steel Blades--Hammermill and cutting blades work together to completely pulverize whole foods quickly and efficiently. Still very sharp and in excellent condition.

--Variable Speed Motor--Depending on the process, blade tip speed can be as low as 11 m.p.h. or as high as 240 m.p.h. A unique electronic feedback-type control adjusts motor speed and torque for consistent processing at any speed. The buttons and knobs are in excellent condition and are firmly in place.

--Heavy-Duty Wear-Resistant Base--Virtually indestructible. Won't become brittle or discolored. Very clean w/ no scratches or damage.

--Patented Tamper for Extreme Processing Power--Push food into the blades without fear of jamming the blades or damaging the tamper. Perfect for processing peanut butter and ice cream. Helps you handle ingredients that blenders can't even touch! This tamper is in excellent condition EXCEPT for the nick at the bottom (see photo) caused by someone stupid (throat clearing) putting it too close to the blades. There is no affect on the operation of the tamper.

SHIPPING----I will charge actual shipping cost. However, since I can't know the exact price until I get to the shipping counter, I will use iship.com and fedex.com to determine a very close estimate based on your location. If you have a special request on shipping (a certain carrier, for example), I will do my best to accomodate. Champion looks like it won't cost more than $35 to continental US. Vitamix should cost a little less than Champion since it doesn't weight quite as much.

PAYMENT----I can only accept money orders directly. However, if you have a Home Depot or Lowe's credit card and can send me a gift card from one of those stores as payment, it's possible I can use that gift card to get fencing materials. If you want to use a credit card to pay, I can't accept one directly, but if you find someplace where you can buy a gift card / prepaid credit card with your credit card, that might be possible. If you're interested in this possibility, contact me and we'll research and see what we can find.

I will be happy to answer any questions you have! Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For Sale: Vita-mix & Champion Juicer
Date: January 29, 2007 06:55PM

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing your champion juicer. I realize it's been since November when you first posted your ad. Is it still available?

Date: March 01, 2007 08:03PM

I WOULD LIKE TO BUY YOUR JUICER. IS IT STILL 4 SALE & HOW MUCH?
THANKS!
PAUL

Date: July 12, 2007 08:02PM

Hey,

Do you still have the Vita-Mix? I am interested.

Date: July 16, 2007 10:48PM

Sorry, both are sold! Thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables