Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw vacations
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 07, 2007 02:57AM

aloha,

i haven't gone on vacation for a while for two reasons. the first reason i rarely travel is because of my diet. the second reason is that now i live on the north shore of kauai and don't need to travel anymore because i live in paradise. i live in a large two story house, one minute walk from door to ocean. i was thinking about renting out my downstairs to raw foodists and preparing food for them so there would be no stress about what they would eat on their vacation. does this make sense? do other raw foodists out there have dietary concerns when they travel? wouldn't you love to go to hanalei bay and have delicious, local raw food made for you, so you can relax? i'm just not sure how to let the raw masses know about this option? any ideas my raw brothers and sisters?

aloha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw vacations
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 07, 2007 05:10PM

I think if you could advertise you wouldn't have any problems finding guests. But for me, it would have to be really clean: free of chemicals like laundry and cleaning agents, herbicides and pesticides, etc. Once you've used chemically-scented products in your home, it takes a very long time to get rid of them, but enough washing and airing out usually does it. Raw foodists are more sensitive to chemicals, so it would have to be a wholely clean experience to really draw us.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 07, 2007 07:06PM

im in the same boat as Aqua .. i am really sensitive to environmental things ... raw food is one peice of the puzzle to me ..

there was a post awhile back where aqua (i think) was talking about the dryer vents from next door blasting bounce/febreeze into the air ..even this for some of us can pretty untolerable

someone sprayed some bathroom spray at work here lol ..and i had to go home i was in fits of coughing for days after

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: September 21, 2007 05:32AM

Hi...I just read your classified ad and it was quite a coincidence. My husband and I and our two children are planning a vacation to Kauai in December for the holidays. Are you still interested in renting out your house? If so, how much would it cost and would it be available for December 21-26? Please let me know if you are interested. Thank you!

Fellow rawfoodist,
Carrissa

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 02, 2007 12:58AM

Sounds fantastic. I wish we could afford it.

I am the same way about sensitivities to perfumes and chemicals.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: October 05, 2007 04:07PM

I'm not at all sensitive to perfumes, etc., in fact I use them and love them, raw food didn't change that for me. Your Hawaii place sounds AWESOME!! I will def keep that in mind for vacation ideas, thanks for posting it!!

Posted by: dave6 ()
Date: October 09, 2007 08:17PM

Hi

That sounds amazing! I am from scotland and am looking for a place to relax,eat raw and meet like minded people. I am currently 95% raw,29 years old, male and opened minded.

Its very hard to do the RAW thing in scotland as there is no support i would love to make contact with people on the same frequency as i feel i am traveling life on a different bus from the rest of the world, LOL!

If you are RAW you know what i mean.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Date: May 27, 2008 11:23PM

Would love to come for a 2 week stay. As soon as possible. Have had two years of an intense schedule and need a mental and physical rejuvenation period. This sounds perfect.
Can you give me more details?
Price? What's included.
Raw meals? Yes please!
Thanks
Nika

Posted by: SunLover ()
Date: July 13, 2008 07:28PM

Hi,

What are your daily/weekly/monthly prices, in case I'm ever out your way!

Thank you,
Shannon

Date: July 21, 2008 01:39AM

I will be in Hawaii mid september...do you still have availablity?

Date: July 27, 2008 09:05AM

Hello. I am very interested in staying at your house. Is it free anytime from now until late August? Thanks :-)

Posted by: mira ()
Date: August 02, 2008 11:41PM

me too!!

Posted by: zfireiam ()
Date: August 04, 2008 06:44PM

Have place on the beach in small village of less than 500, in the SW of Costa Rica. May be willing to rent space to the right people who are into mostly raw diet, non-smoking, mellow folks. There is a large house, fully equipped kitchen, with 2 rooms down stairs. both have full bathrooms. There is WiFi throughout if you bring a computer, and satellite TV in the main house if you so desire. There is a very small pool, but the Ocean here, is a mere 100 yards from the house and the water temp. seems to be in the low to mid 80's for your swimming pleasure. There is a fruit and veggie delivery service 2x a week, but unfortunately, nothing is organic. May be open to a longer term renter in exchange for some services. Abundant pure water supply. A real piece of Paradise. Please inquire with Zephyr, as to availability and prices. With blessings of LOVE, always!

Posted by: mirceas ()
Date: January 02, 2009 05:59AM

could you please email me with details about prices and contact info for my next vac on the island the last time I was there I had a very hard time finding food evern fresh fruits thank you

Posted by: buddhalove ()
Date: January 08, 2009 05:41AM

hey phatschmitty i live on the north shore too and do raw, raw/vegan for my daughter- its nice to know ther raw foodists are expanding the vibes and spreading the truth on kauai...the supreme raw foodists paradise..give thanks, id love to chat more- buddhalove

Date: March 01, 2009 11:53PM

Aloha,

I love Kuaui and had a good time there last year. Let me know the prices for weekly/monthly rentals.

Thank You

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables