Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

coal burning and mercury polution
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 06, 2008 05:25AM

Today I learned that burning coal in power plants releases 100's of millions of tons of mercury into the air. It is a very fine particle size and goes all over the world. China is now building about 1 coal plant a week. A very toxic place. They may have to cut the power for the olympics. The merucy is drawn to the sulfur in the coal.

elnatural

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: coal burning and mercury polution
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: May 08, 2008 03:33AM

If anyone is interested, or in need of removing heavy metals from their system, there is a good site with a basic herbal formular which anyone can make that will do the job here [www.jonbarron.org]

Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 08, 2008 04:33AM

yup... any time energy is to be gained by burning something it seems to cause problems.

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: May 10, 2008 05:18PM

We just bought a house that burns coal for heat. I had always thought that was unhealthy, but was told, no, as long as you vent to the outside and have a carbon monoxide detector you will be fine. I understand the negative environmental impact, but what is the impact of a coal stove on our personal health? Are there any studies showing mercury release inside a home that burns coal? Or would that only be happening if carbon monoxide were getting in too? Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2008 05:20PM by musicbebe.

Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 11, 2008 05:32AM

If its vented outside I am sure you will be fine. Just like in a natural gas furnace, all the burned gas is vented out.

If we look to nature, you will see that when things burn in nature... it is a cleansing process. Part of a cycle.

There is no creature in nature that gets its energy by combustion. Nature gets energy from the sun... we as a human race should see this as very obvious. And should be trying to harnass the power of the sun, rather than burning stuff for energy.

Just as we look at plants as food... they give us clean oxygen, fruit, vegetables, grasses, seeds... and on and on, they see people as a type of food aswell. We eat the fruit and plants... we defecate, providing nutrition to the soil. Aswell as spreading the seeds. The plants get thier energy from the sun though. This isnt the total cycle, but is definitly part of it. No where do we see any thing using combustion for energy though. Combustion only happens when there is old growth. Clearing the way for a new generation of plant growth, and revitalizing the soil. I see combustion as a cleansing/regeneration process. Much like the pheonix... reborn from the ashes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables