Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Banana Split
Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 07, 2008 05:27AM

The tea shop "steeps" showed a documentary tonight on bananas. It was really eye opening... and well worth watching.

[www.shebafilms.com]

It explains alot about how these corporations come in, and pretty much treat people like slaves in order to get cheap bananas. Then they force people out of the job... pretty much take over the country and force the citizens out.

Seems like the common trend with globalisation is that the company who is willing to do the lowest deeds, to get the greatest profit, always succeeds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Banana Split
Date: May 07, 2008 05:44AM

oh yeah... one other thing. It mentions that bananas plants are actually a member of the grass family. Yet they still produce fruit? I had no idea that grasses produced fruit. I know other plants do, but not grass.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 08, 2008 12:19AM

All flowering plants produce fruit, it is an ovary. But sometimes the fruit itself is not so obvious, it might be very small, dry, and inconspicuous.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: May 08, 2008 03:27AM

Context Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The tea shop "steeps" showed a documentary tonight
> on bananas. It was really eye opening... and well
> worth watching.
>
> [www.shebafilms.com]
>
> It explains alot about how these corporations come
> in, and pretty much treat people like slaves in
> order to get cheap bananas. Then they force
> people out of the job... pretty much take over the
> country and force the citizens out.
>
>
> Seems like the common trend with globalisation is
> that the company who is willing to do the lowest
> deeds, to get the greatest profit, always
> succeeds.

Hmm... I think that may depend on how you define success. Because ultimately I think it all comes down to a personal feeling of happiness and fulfillment, and I don't think that anyone that is seriously involved in a corporation of that nature will ever realise it. Things can and are changing though.

Date: May 08, 2008 04:30AM

What ever you want to call it, the company that is willing to set the bars the lowest succeed. I agree with you though, times are changing. Many things are no longer being tolerated.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables