Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

i overheard someone watching the news one night....
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: May 11, 2008 03:30AM

and there was this segment warning people about how they can be eating dangerous microscopic bugs on their produce so to beware when eating produce and if you do eat produce make sure to wash very well with hydrogen peroxide.

a little before overhearing this segment, i watched the movie the future of food. it had a great deal of effect on me.

i was wondering how many of you think that segments like these on the news could be propaganda to distract people as more and more people get dangerous reactions from gmo foods? like people are having reactions to gmos (which are essentially bacterias and viruses injected into the seeds after breaking open the cell wall which invites more bacteria into the seed from what i gathered from the movie), and then the government covering it up by saying it is microscopic bacteria on the produce (which i guess in part it really is), so if you do eat veggies, wash them very very well (which causes someone to believe that it is more of a bug and soil thing as opposed to a genetically modified seed), further supporting the poison industry?

does that make sense how i said that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i overheard someone watching the news one night....
Posted by: Context ()
Date: May 11, 2008 07:10AM

its a stupid thing these people are doing. and yes its propeganda.

Who/what determines what is a "dangerous organism"? Do they fully understand the context.

When a pack of wolves takes down an animal... lets say it is old and weak. It could be full of parasites, bacteria from the dirt... and god knows what else. Not to mention that the wolves eat the stuff raw. Not one bit of what we call "sanitary". But the wolves do not die, nor do they get sick... perhaps it has to do with thier bodies not creating the conditions necessary for these "dangerous microscopic bugs" to flourish.

If there is anything that is making america sick... it is all the processed foods clogging our bodies, turning them acidic. But there is money in health care, and processed foods... so ofcourse they are never going to target that. Rather try to blame other things for sickness...

Its getting very old...

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 11, 2008 10:48AM

No, it's not a coverup for the dangers of GMO.

GMO is more of a danger to the diversity than to your personal health.

Produce is getting contaminated with unfriendly bacteria because of factory farm practices, the waste from the animals runs off or is otherwise taken up into produce fields, even in some organic farms.

The only things these practices have in common aside from bacteria are greed and short-sightedness.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: May 11, 2008 12:18PM

It's all to the brainwash the mindless cogs that irradiation is good for us.

Of course, if you are a SAD eater and have no critical thinking skills, what Big Brother wants seems to be in accord with what you want.

[www.organicconsumers.org]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 11, 2008 02:03PM

"microscopic bugs"??

SHOOT.. EVERYTING has microscopic bugs from the tip of your fingernail to every strand of your hair.... to the space between your toes... to your navel.... to the lettuce .. to the spinach... to every LIVING thing

just put ANYTHING alive under a microscope and you will see "microscopic bugs" and yeah, they are in your intestines as well but some of them are "good" lil bugs too grinning smiley

Posted by: frances ()
Date: May 11, 2008 02:24PM

I'm with arugula here. The risk is often real, and it generally results from unsanitary factory farming practices. Obviously if everyone ate healthier diets, the infestations allowed to flourish would not effect as many people as strongly, but that does not excuse the disgusting practices which allow foods which should be completely safe to become something dangerous to many (most?) people.

The problem with the reporting of the problem is that they never seem to lay the blame where it belongs. If there is a bunch of contaminated spinach on the market, the media never discuss how the spinach came to be contaminated. Instead they begin to talk about spinach as though spinach is inherently dangerous. This aspect of the reporting always annoys me.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 11, 2008 02:26PM

From what I understand, it's all a push on the irradiation agenda. And, of course, a lot of people who would profit from that also profit from GMO... Business + gov't have slumber parties with lots of popcorn every night...

Just stick to what you're doing and don't worry. Eat fresh, eat live. Eat organic if you can/want. Grow your own produce.

I used to skulk these events as they unfolded every step of the way... but then I felt better after I stopped watching so much news. Maybe they will eventually try to irradiate? Who knows? Then it's up to you, me, and a lot of other pissed off people to team up and grow our own stuff. Could be a blessing in disguise? ^.~

I also heard somewhere that irradiated produce spoils VERY quickly. Does anyone know if that is true? It doesn't seem very profitable to have that stuff lying around the supermarket. Plus, if you bought food that consistently rotted instantly... that would make me want to seek out another food source, anyway.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 11, 2008 02:28PM

<<If there is a bunch of contaminated spinach on the market, the media never discuss how the spinach came to be contaminated. Instead they begin to talk about spinach as though spinach is inherently dangerous. This aspect of the reporting always annoys me.>>

yeah absolutely
it is fairly transparent
what their intent is ... who is in control
those that control the media ( huge mega oligopoly now), have a vested interest in creating the contents of the media a certain way/slant

just follow the money ( like u would follow the electron if u were trying to do
O- chem LOL smiling smiley

and you'll get your answers

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: May 11, 2008 06:04PM

always question stuff, even raw food stuff.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: May 12, 2008 02:28AM

i do not believe gmos are only dangerous to environmental diversity. that just does not make any sense to me after seeing the future of food. i believe they are dangerous. they open cell walls of the seed inviting bacteria, and inject them with viruses. it doesn't make sense how that CAN'T be dangerous over a long period of time.

Posted by: frances ()
Date: May 12, 2008 01:54PM

ILoveJen, I definitely agree with this. I didn't mean to say that GMOs aren't potentially dangerous, creepy, etc.... I only meant that the news reporting on contaminated food is not a cover-up for GMO issues. The food contamination issues are real enough!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables