Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Love comes from the heart...
Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: June 18, 2008 02:12PM

I honestly believe that this is true. When I tell this to others, they say often try and correct me, saying that all thoughts and all emotions originate from the brain. This is not completely true, because some emotions come from the gut, like when you are afraid (for example). Sometimes people in or culture are so connected to their brain, they appear to me as giant heads roaming around. When I tune into love I do it through by heart and feel pleasant emanations from that region. I feel it too strongly in that region to believe that love is derived from the head alone. But perhaps real love is not really an emotion and the people who believe it to be an emotion have not experienced it fully yet because of too much interference from the head. Emotions tend to be fleeting and often reactionary, while love is a constant. When I quiet my mind, I can hear love in my heart humming constantly along while warming me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2008 02:13PM by Joanne81.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Love comes from the heart...
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 18, 2008 02:25PM

Ha! Yes. When people ask to point to 'themselves' they usually point to the heart and not to the head / eyes. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: June 18, 2008 02:43PM

Good point. smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 18, 2008 02:43PM

hey joanne

gorgeous post!

esp. liked this part u said:

<<Emotions tend to be fleeting and often reactionary, while love is a constant. When I quiet my mind, I can hear love in my heart humming constantly along while warming me.>>

thanks... im gonna carry this with me all day... maybe i ought to write it out too and just put it on an index card so i can remember who i am

sometimes i forget

sometimes i forget that all and everything is an expression of love

i don't care how sappy that sounds

i know its true smiling smiley

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 18, 2008 03:55PM

joanne--

Yes, wonderful post!

I have noticed that when someone is genuinely caring and kind toward me I often experience a very strong feeling of what can only be termed 'cellular level bliss' right in the region of my heart--- and my heartbeat slows down significantly, spreading deep peace and almost numbing contentment throughout my body/mind.

I totally agree.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 18, 2008 06:23PM

You can get an artificial heart but not an artificial brain.

It's all interconnected of course but modern science can reproduce nearly every organ you have except the brain. Not sure why people dislike/fear their brains so much.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: June 18, 2008 11:45PM

Heh.. I don't dislike my brain grinning smiley, but I seriously do not attribute my character and mind only to it. I believe that my brain is part of me, not the other way round.

I remember hearing a claim once that there is a devine connection between us and the universe. This is perhaps illustrated by the fact that our very existence and survival depend on a hoast accommodating environmental factors, and that these not only require the support of our immediate surroundings, but also incrimentally extend out beyound our world into the conditions of the solar system and so on. Anyway... the claim was that the source that animates us and the rest of everything comes to us through specific channels, and apparenetly we recieve our... life energy or what ever you want to call it through the heart.

It stands to reason to me, because when I think about it, if the sun doesn't shine for me every day, or if the trees stop producing oxygen for me, or the earth stops spinning, or all the creatures stop doing their bit in the food chain etc, then my own human existence is impossable. So what TRUELY animates me... my brain ?!?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2008 11:46PM by Lightform.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 19, 2008 04:59AM

The whole universe allows for the existence of your laptop but it still won't work if you take out the CPU. The heart is more like a battery. You can switch out batteries (thanks to modern medical science) and still survive but you can't swap brains.

Have you heard of Phineas Gage? He was a railway worker who got a metal rod blasted into his skull.

Phineas Gage (July 9?, 1823 – May 21?, 1860) was a railroad worker now remembered for his incredible survival of a traumatic brain injury which destroyed one or both of his frontal lobes, and for the injury's reported effects on his personality and social functioning—effects said to be so profound that friends said he was "no longer Gage."

[en.wikipedia.org]

Without my brain (or with severe brain damage) I would no longer be me. I would be someone else. Belief that we can have existence outside of our brains is a comforting thought (from our brain winking smiley ) but unfortunately it is an unprovable assumption. Trust me, I would like it to be so. I'm kind of attached to myself actually but there is no way of knowing so I try to appreciate myself (and everyone else) knowing that it is likely once I'm gone I'm gone forever.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: June 21, 2008 01:38AM

Quantum mechanics and consciosness the quantum world, Phyics encounters consciousness, The book Quantum Enigma - by Bruce Rosenblum and Fred Kuttner
UC Santa Cruz professors of phyics - Existence outside of brain unprovable???
After you read Enigma it may blow your mind.
Every interpretation of quantum physics encounters consciousness. Rosenblum
and Kuttner Physics encounter with consciousness is its skeleton in the closet.
the authors open the closet and examine the skeleton, a controversial book.
Quantum Enigmas description of experimental quantum facts, and the quantum theory explaining them, is (undisputed.)
Interpreting what it all means, however, is controversial.
Presenting the Enigma Quantum theory is the most stunning successful theory in all of science. not a singgle one of its predictions has ever been wrong.
However, this physics can look like mysticism. Quantum experiments display an enigma that challenges our classical worldview.
The worldview demanded by quantum theory is, to borrow the words of J.B.S. Haldane, not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose.
PEACE riverhousebill

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: June 21, 2008 08:17AM

The gut and heart feelings are part of the autonomic nervous system, the nerves in your gut and heart send signals to your brain for processing by the central nervous system (CNS). And of course the brain sends signals back.

There are a few nerves that operate independently of the central nervous system. They are called enteric and they provide some functions of digestion that you never think about, things that are not tied to emotion, they happen automatically (stretching stomach, stomach contractions for digesting proteins, pushing food through, etc.).

But the emotional stuff is still ruled by CNS and the supervisor of CNS is the brain.

The heart is just a distribution pump. Worms have them, too.

The GI tract is just a tube. Rotifers have them, too.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 21, 2008 02:16PM

stop falling in love everyone

pain in the neck smiling smiley

but its not heart or mind

it has no name

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: June 21, 2008 03:42PM

Loving the wrong person, or a person who does not love you back, is excruciatingly painful. I'd just as soon have these notions of romantic love removed from my neural networks. Yes, it does hurt THAT MUCH!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 21, 2008 07:56PM

aragula,

Yeah, I went through that too, quite a few times too many. (Thankfully, long ago!) I felt it as intense anxiety in my brain and nervous system and a heavy, dull, heavy 'ache' in my heart and throat area.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: June 24, 2008 04:29AM

I think I feel love in the heart because it is direct connection with the primal life force. It is both beyond and more archaic than the mind. That is why love has a long history of an association with the heart and it is associated with the color red (the color of our blood), because this connection has been intuitively felt by people for eons. Love is deeper and more magnificent than anything definable my the mind or felt by sole emotion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables