Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Damn mosquito bites!
Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: August 18, 2008 02:48PM

I got attacked by mosquitos yesterday and they are really bothering me! Does anyone know any natural soothing remedies to feel better?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Damn mosquito bites!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 18, 2008 05:48PM

a cool bath with oatmeal (put a handful into a cheese cloth circle, tie with elastic band so it stays inside the cheese cloth and just toss it into the bath). a paste of baking soda and water, a paste of ground oats and water, calamine lotion. what's in that after bite stuff is ammonia, i don't know about using that but it's up to you.

oh, and Don't Scratch!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 18, 2008 06:59PM

how bout prevention?

what do u put to prevent getting attacked by mosquitoes?

i got something by burt's bees that had eucalyptus oil and such
not sure if it worked very well though

maybe helped just a little

Date: August 18, 2008 07:13PM

I have some citronella/lemongrass/cedar oil spray that works great, but I forgot it this time in the woods. Now I just want some relief.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 19, 2008 04:36AM

i heard rubbing a nana peel on it helps. never tried it though

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 19, 2008 04:51AM

joanne

where'd u get that spray
who makes it?

Date: August 19, 2008 02:04PM

la_veronique - I bought a spray at Whole Foods called Buzz Away Extreme. It works really well. Here it is online.
[www.quantumhealth.com]

PS. Yesterday, I remembered I had the book"The Secret Book of Home Remedies". It said to try apple cider vinegar. That was soothing and the slight swelling of the bites went down. I will try banana peel too. I heard somewhere that helps skin heal faster. Oatmeal sounds like a good idea but unfortunately I don't have any right now.

Thanks everyone.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: August 19, 2008 10:44PM

One of the many benefits that I’ve noticed from going raw is that mosquitoes never bother me anymore. I especially notice it when I’m with a bunch of cookies outdoors and every one else is complaining about getting bit.

Anyway, here are some excerpts from my file on Mosquito Remedies…

Peace and Love……..John

=====================================================================
[www.eartheasy.com]
Natural Flea Control

So what are the alternatives?

Animal health -- Nutrition first

Food- and plant-derived substances are a healthy substitute for chemical-based products. But are they strong enough to control fleas and ticks? Well, why are some people are more prone to mosquito bites than others? There's a nutritional reason, and it has to do with the strength of each person's immune system and the levels of B complex, zinc, selenium and antioxidants in the body and bloodstream. A strong immune system and high nutrient levels help repel insects. ( source: [www.alternativemedicine.com] )

[www.eartheasy.com]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
…see “Flea Control” file…
Banish Mosquitos with Listerine

THE BEST WAY OF GETTING RID OF MOSQUITO'S IS LISTERINE, THE ORIGINAL MEDICINAL TYPE. THE DOLLAR STORE TYPE WORKS TOO

I WAS AT A DECK PARTY A WHILE BACK, AND THE BUGS WERE HAVING A BALL BITING EVERYONE. A MAN AT THE PARTY SPRAYED THE LAWN AND DECK FLOOR WITH LISTERINE, AND THE LITTLE MONSTERS DISAPPEARED.

THE NEXT YEAR, I FILLED A 4 OZ. SPRAY BOTTLE AND USED IT AROUND WHERE I WAS SITTING WHENEVER I SAW MOSQUITO'S, AND VOILA, THAT WORKED AS WELL. IT WORKED AT A PICNIC WHERE WE SPRAYED THE AREA AROUND THE FOOD TABLE, THE CHILDREN'S SWING AREA, AND THE STANDING WATER NEARBY.DURING THE SUMMER, I DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT.

BELIEVE ME, THOSE LITTLE BLOOD SUCKERS LOVE MY BLOOD. I WAS ALWAYS THE FIRST TO GET BITE AT A GATHERING
Put some water in a white dinner plate and add a couple drops of Lemon Fresh Joy dish detergent. Set the dish on your porch, patio, or other outdoor area. We’re not sure what attracts them, (the lemon smell, the white plate, or what…) but mosquitoes FLOCK to it, and drop dead shortly after drinking the Lemon Fresh Joy/water mixture, and usually within about 10 feet of the plate.
[www.mercola.com]
Get Outside and Enjoy Summer the Natural Way -- with 100% Safe and Effective Neem-Based Outdoor Botanical Gel

Neem has been used as a safeguard against insects for thousands of years. Made up of the finest ingredients nature has to offer, neem-based Botanical Outdoor Gel effectively protects your skin using an organic blend of neem leaf extract, aloe vera base (to soothe bites you already have!), neem oil, citronella and geraniol. So get outside and get going!

[www.mercola.com]

Date: August 26, 2008 02:02PM

I heard rosemary is a good repellent.
Yea,dam little good for nothin suckers.

Date: August 28, 2008 09:23PM

rub a bit of peppermint oil on the bites. This is the best thing i have ever tried for relief from itchy insect bites!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables