Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Let Us All Move On
Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: October 02, 2008 03:09PM

The past several weeks people have been demanding apologies from one another for real & or perceived hurts stemming from various posts that were written in various threads..

It is my opinion that it is high time to put the past behind us & move on..

To everyone here it should be quite obvious by now that Bryan is not going to apologize any further than he already has for either deleting the posts that started all of the brouhaha, or his language in responding to the various people that are angry as a result of those deletions..

The various "Apology" threads are serving no useful purpose other than to allow those who feel aggrieved time to vent..

Since most of the deletions occurred over two weeks ago, I feel that enough time has transpired for everyone concerned to have vented & gotten things "Off their chests"..

I am asking for the sake of the entire board for ALL of those aggrieved folks to put this whole episode behind yourself, & to move on..

Every possible side of this issue has been discussed ad nauseum..

Any further discussion serves only to add fuel to a fire that should have burned out some time ago..

Bruce

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let Us All Move On
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 02, 2008 03:30PM

I can't move on until I get an answer from Bryan as to if he tried to delete my post or tried to ban me from the board that other day. I asked him two times so far, and he didn't answer me.

Why doesn't everyone else who is not involved with the abuse on the board just ignore those apology threads and read and reply only to the threads that they are interested in.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 02, 2008 03:33PM

Bruce,

I can see your point. I realize for some people here this seems as an inconvenience for some reason. I really don't see why, when you can choose to ignore it and see when the issue truly dies, no skin off your nose. The issue seems to be important enough for MANY people to be viewing it. Trying to kill it before it is played out has only further perpetuated it. If you want it to die than quit perpetuating it, as in starting a new thread about it. Bryan continues to make posts so I am choosing to also, If you would like the moderator to abide by the rules the board, itself, set forth than speak up, if not than read the many other interesting things on the net.

So in other words, no. It really isn't yours or anyone's business how I allow people to treat me and those that I see being treated unfairly. I like to give others every opertunity to have a good closure and for me to also. I like to treat people with respect and I demand the same. You get to choose those things for you and the behavior you model for others. I get to choose for me. Please respect my freedom to do so.

Peace,
Kise'

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: October 02, 2008 04:10PM

Lois Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't move on

Don't be so hard on yourself. You can do it...

Date: October 02, 2008 04:32PM

oh no! now bruce deserves an apology! ack!

*just joking*
at this point i am finding the frouferah on the board pretty funny. not maliciously laughing at anyone, i just can't help but find the humour in this situation.

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: October 02, 2008 04:32PM

Lois & Kise

How long do the two of you propose to continue requesting that Bryan address your concerns when it is obvious that he is reluctant to do so??..A month??..Six months??..A year??..

It seems to me that you both need to conduct these discussions off the board..If Bryan won't address your concerns off the board in PM's, then might I suggest that you take it to the next level by contacting & communicating with the folks that own & maintain the entire Living & Raw Foods website??..I myself do not know how this might be accomplished, but I'm sure that someone here does..

I am in no way trying to dismiss your concerns, many of which I sympathize with..Remember, that I had many hours of work in the form of 4-5 posts deleted along with the two of yours..

I still maintain, however, that dragging others into your private concerns by continuing to further the various "Apology" threads is not in the best interests of the entire board..

The "Apology" threads are not dying out on their own & are continuing to draw posts from people that were in no way affected by the original deletions (some of whom seem to be trying to deliberately stir things up)..

Good luck to both of you in getting your concerns addressed..I hope it happens soon so that you can heal & move on..

Bruce

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 02, 2008 05:02PM

Bruce,

I decided when this started that I would see it to the end. If you will look back and read the threads you will see I have only addressed other posts. I have not "bumped" threads in any way. I don't have a time frame.

I thought about conducting them in private, but as this issue concerns this board's terms of etiquette, and every member here, I thought it should be discussed so everyone can have the opportunity to see how Bryan chooses, you included. Another reason I choose not to discuss this in private because there are several members involved and are interested in participating. Since the issue is not about any one of us, but about the policy itself, I think it should be public.

I know You have had posts deleted and so have others and have said they don't like it. It is not the written policy to do so and if that has changed we can all decide what we, as individuals, will accept. Maybe a renegotiation is in order. Either way, Bryan should make the policy clear.

I have in no way ever dragged any one into any "private concerns" simply by posting my refusal to accept the moderator not doing his job. I think when you start blaming others for the choices you and others make it is a sign for introspection. I have done my best to address the people who are trying to "stir things up." I can not control them nor let them affect my path. They are not my concern. If they are your concern, that is your choice.

Thank you for your good wishes. I wish you well also.

Peace,
kise'

Date: October 02, 2008 05:04PM

Well, I'm going to start a New Topic to Bryan asking him specifically if he tried to delete my posts or ban me that other day.

If others are not interested in the issue, they can just ignore the thread.

I'm sure if any one of you guys had been insulted by the moderator on the board, you would also be trying to defend yourself like I am.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables