Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

"VeganSexuals" - check out this article....
Posted by: Bikini ()
Date: August 03, 2007 04:41PM

'Vegansexuals' Do It With Each Other
Study Says Vegans Find Meat Eaters Sexually Repulsive

[www.abcnews.go.com]

I just read this article this morning. You have got to check it out.
I have to say it's true for me. Meat eaters have repulsed me with their body fluids and breath...but like PETA I believe partners can sway and influence each other to eat a vegan or vegetarian diet. I would prefer to date a vegan or vegetarian man, but I would not rule out true love because my guy ate meat/fish occasionally. He would have to do detox cleanses a lot to keep off those smelly meat smells, but I wouldn't say no right off the bat to the man. I'm definately a "no" though when it comes to smoking or alchohol..I don't like those smells or tastes on a man's body/breathe/fluids EVER.

Where do you stand...?

peace
love
harmony
i breathe in
i breathe out
Bikini

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "VeganSexuals" - check out this article....
Posted by: azrael ()
Date: August 03, 2007 05:58PM

I would never turn my back on someone I loved because of their diet either. But the fact for me is that I just am not sexually attracted to a meat eater. So I doubt it would ever come to the place of having to make the choice. Besides, my actions alone have inspired others to adopt a more ethical lifestyle. I have never felt the need to force change on anyone else. I can see that goodness spreads and if we live our lives according to our values, others will take notice and respect the authenticity.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: August 04, 2007 02:22AM

Since becoming vegan, I cannot endure the sweat smell of carnivores. The stench is too strong and I cannot breathe. It's an allergic reaction. I start to hyperventilate. So, I have to concur that I would not want to be in a relationship with a meat eater unless I were one. I cannot go back to eating meat b/c I became severely sick when I have tried it in the past. My body went into detox with a severe cold/flu to expel the toxins/mucus.

I do not respect PETA or their radical policies. I think it abhorent to manipulate someone through sex. I don't believe one can change people. They have to want to change themselves. As years pass, some people become more ingrained in their habits and are not willing to give up their traditional diets. So, unless the person is willing to change or the person is already vegan, there is little chance according to my body's reactions that I can consider a relationship with a carnivore. Also, a person may be willing to change verbally but they may not be committed to it in thought or action. Life would be passing me by while waiting for someone to change. There is little chance of someone changing their ways from what they see as acceptable in their eyes. I think it would be easier to find someone who has already traveled the path and arrived at raw vegan.

Just my opinion. Therese

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 04, 2007 03:02AM

life101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I don't believe one can change people. They
> have to want to change themselves. As years pass,
> some people become more ingrained in their habits
> and are not willing to give up their traditional
> diets. So, unless the person is willing to change
> or the person is already vegan, there is little
> chance according to my body's reactions that I can
> consider a relationship with a carnivore. Also, a
> person may be willing to change verbally but they
> may not be committed to it in thought or action.
> Life would be passing me by while waiting for
> someone to change. There is little chance of
> someone changing their ways from what they see as
> acceptable in their eyes. I think it would be
> easier to find someone who has already traveled
> the path and arrived at raw vegan.
>
> Just my opinion. Therese
very well said life....great introspection smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: August 04, 2007 02:51PM

Gosh was this interesting (and funny) to read. I just started a new job that is very male-dominated. I have noticed that all the men I am around have this odor that I can't stand. I don't recall noticing it much before. I wonder if this is what it is - carnivore sweat smell??? Yuck! It just never occurred to me before that you could "smell" a carnivore.

Patty

Date: August 05, 2007 12:14AM

Dewey, Thanks.

Sewraw, You're so cute! LOL. I believe this is why some wild animals avoid some people b/c they can smell that they are carnivorous and they are fearful of the smell. I've seen birds not be frightened when I begin to approach. In the past when I did eat eggs, etc. They would fly off the instant I would begin to approach. Of course, if I were to come too close, they still are fearful so they fly off but I've been as close as 6 inches to Morning Doves. My sympathies to you Patty that you have to endure the smell. I walked into an elevator just this week and wanted to walk right out b/c the man in the elevator (the sole occupant) smelled so badly. I had to hold my breath and pray for the elevator to descend faster before I passed out from the fumes or from the lack of oxygen. I have walked around some stores, including a health food store where someone smelled so rank that my stomach lurched and I had to walk around the store for 20 mins for my stomach to settle down and my breathing to normalize. Carnivores smell bad... It's so true. Thanks for bringing a smile! Therese

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: August 05, 2007 01:39AM

LOL!!!
my dad always said vegans tasted best....

winking smiley

this makes such total sense. i can smell when my husband is sick, or eating badly, or anything like that. and man, i am picky about smells! my husband had one friend who was very good-looking and nice, and all my friends thought he was a hottie, but i couldn't stand to be around him, and actually started to dislike him because he smelled so sour!

though i must confess that i still can offend SAD eaters simply b/c i don't smell chemical. they have this weird obsession with smelling like alcohol and plastic products. yuck. my husband is awesome b/c he likes my smell and complains when i put on 'that stinky stuff.'

peace-

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: August 05, 2007 06:20AM

I never had a chance to hook up with a vegan, not to even mention vegetarian. Did I miss out?
It's just that the feeeew veg men I have encountered have been taken already. I have the impression that men who would be potential vegans or vegetarians are still intimidated by the meat=manliness thing. It's my personal impression that it takes more guts for a man to decline animal products that for a woman --> less men walk that path.
Anyways, I don't sort out the men to a certain degree. I think if I saw a guy only living on burgers and other crap, there are also a lot of carnivore women who don't need that kind of slob.Because I think most agree on the equation of lifestyle and health/bodysmell

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: August 05, 2007 09:10PM

i have to admit my junk food addicted, meat eating girlfriend's breath is kind of funky.
but i love her anyway
dc

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 06, 2007 09:22PM

If someone smells too unhealthy, I can't get it on with them. But I do have a fetish for big nasty men, so it's kind of a fine line for me.

Date: August 07, 2007 03:19AM

LOL sunshine!

Posted by: perbetty ()
Date: August 07, 2007 04:01AM

lemoned Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never had a chance to hook up with a vegan, not
> to even mention vegetarian. Did I miss out?
> It's just that the feeeew veg men I have
> encountered have been taken already. I have the
> impression that men who would be potential vegans
> or vegetarians are still intimidated by the
> meat=manliness thing. It's my personal impression
> that it takes more guts for a man to decline
> animal products that for a woman --> less men walk
> that path.

This is true. And I'm far less attracted to men who wouldn't have the guts to go vegan/raw than someone who just isn't one...yet.

Betty

"Don't believe everything you think."

--Bumper Sticker

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: August 07, 2007 08:12AM

LOL @ all the meaty man talk :-D

We need to run a cold shower in here!

Maybe it's more than just the smell though, maybe it's the attitude and body language. All the vegan/vegetarians I have met, are always more likely to 'think out of the box' (hence them cutting out meat/dairy etc), and I find that type of alternative thinking a desirable trait in a friend/partner.

Everyone is different, but the football, beer-drinking, sexist mentality you see amongst some groups of men, just makes me think of clones. That isn't sexy. Individuality is sexy smiling smiley

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: August 08, 2007 03:49AM

i can always tell just like any raw that a person eats meat. because of the smell! but more so than that what turns me off of carni guys is a lack of compassion. not that i don't relalize why people eat meat, since i used to eat SAD like everyone else, but when you're so morally and compasionately against something and it's not important to the other person at all, they instantly become unattractive.

i'm glad my boyfriend's a vegan! =)

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: August 08, 2007 03:31PM

I have also noticed a smell from people who have bad diets full of meat when they sweat, it is horrible, older people in particular.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 09, 2007 05:38AM

sunshine says:

<<If someone smells too unhealthy, I can't get it on with them. But I do have a fetish for big nasty men, so it's kind of a fine line for me.>>

oh my goshhh!!
so dang articulate you are tongue sticking out smiley

how funny that issmiling smiley

Posted by: Miss_Tanya ()
Date: August 15, 2007 09:55AM

Oh my life! I was wondering why everyone had suddenly started to stink this year. I can't work in my Bible college's computer room in the afternoons - I walk in and the smell hits me like a wall. Lectures can also be pretty bad. This is all very inconvenient and makes me want to cut off my nose.

There was definitely a big difference in all my senses when I went raw, come to think of it.

Well, this means I will probably stay single forever! In real life, I've never met any elligible vegetarians, let alone vegans, let alone raw vegans! Maybe someone one day will fall head-over-heels in love with me and become a super-uber-raw-vegan to win my affections :p

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: August 15, 2007 03:37PM

Maybe someone one day will fall head-over-heels in love with me and become a super-uber-raw-vegan to win my affections :p

Hey it could happen. My Sad eating man went high raw with me. I think it was more like I showed him the light but the happily ever after is the same.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 15, 2007 05:51PM

pakd4fun Wrote:

> Hey it could happen. My Sad eating man went high
> raw with me. I think it was more like I showed
> him the light but the happily ever after is the
> same.

so there is hope!! i have mine consuming a green lemonade every morning! LOL smiling smiley
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables