Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Energy
Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: December 14, 2007 04:32AM

You have a limited amount of energy on a day to day basis. You could be spending that energy more efficiently. You probably should be focusing more on improving yourself than on improving others.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Energy
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 14, 2007 07:23AM

yeah, that's just a no brainer
LOL

Posted by: singinraw ()
Date: December 14, 2007 12:34PM

its true we should do what we can to help ourselves I think its really important to give to others too though and sometimes I find it actually lifts me up more too smiling smiley

Posted by: ericajones80 ()
Date: December 14, 2007 02:43PM

I believe in Karma. My experiences have proven that if you do good for others, you will get good in return. I try not to look at this on a situation basis, but an overall view. Just my opinion.

For My Health The Fruit Company Fruit Baskets

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 14, 2007 07:24PM

Hi Thomaslantern,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "improving others".

If you mean "helping others", then I tend to think that helping others - either directly or indirectly - is the best way there is to expend energy (not that I always practice what I preach).

But, if you mean telling others what they should do to become better people, then I absolutely agree! Each person has their own road to travel.

On the other hand, if someone asks for an opinion or advice, I think it's OK to give it. Also, I think a healthy debate over important nonpersonal issues is OK, if the debaters do their best to respect each other's feelings (definitely not always so easy).

Date: December 16, 2007 03:01AM

It was a vague statement on my part, I admit it. I meant, generally, that people spend way too much time thinking and complaining about/criticizing other people's flaws and not spending nearly enough time working on their own problems.

I get why people do it. People do it because convincing yourself that you are already awesome enough, by comparing yourself to people who seem worse than you, is a lot easier than working towards being more awesome.

I'm not suggesting "everytime you make a mistake, beat yourself up for it" (because that isn't awesome at all). I'm saying "replace most or possibly all instances of using energy to improve other people's flaws against their will, with using that energy to improve on yourself".

I think that's more clear? But maybe I'll reread it and change my mind later.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 16, 2007 03:08AM

Seems pretty clear I think.

I agree. smiling smiley

Date: December 19, 2007 05:24AM

cheers smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables