Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

SUPERLEARNING... luv it
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 17, 2008 06:19PM

i'm revisiting a book that was lent to me a while ago

its called SUPERLEARNING by ostrander and schroeder

at any rate, there was this one thing that kind of intrigued me

it talked about how this one japanese guy who invented the digital watch and floppy disk and a jillion other patents thought out all those inventions while he was underwater ( in a swimming pool) holding his breathe

cuz it expanded carotid arteries....

and ultimately helps accelerate thinking

at any rate, lots of other very fascinating ideas that i REALLY dug

i'm thinking of getting one of those subliminal tapes for accelerated learning, thinking etc.

always thinking of ways to improve

i also have to find a tape someone lent me a while back and i have NO IDEA what is written on that subliminal tape

all i know is that it sounds kind of creepy in a really intriguing way
and it also accelerated my thinking

i always wonder what was ON that tape

my friend said it didn't come with a script so i just took my chances LOL smiling smiley

in some ways, i don't really care what was on the tape as far as script wise

it did the trick so that's all i care

but i want to find it again

anyhow... wondering if anyone else ever worked with SUPERLEARNING subliminal

or even other tapes

to increase their learning

there is also a chapter i haven't read yet but its

called "learning a language a month"

well, that sounds kind of far out
they are probably talking about just the basics

not enough to become pablo neruda or anything like that ( though.. maybe... never know...)

okay... so what do people think about subliminal tapes and accelerated learning?

any experiences?

or submliminal/hypnosis in general?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SUPERLEARNING... luv it
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 17, 2008 06:36PM

I think some people are more susceptible to the power of suggestion than others. Or have better/worse boundaries.

I once dated a guy who insisted he could hypnotize me, he could hypnotize anyone. It turned out he could not and he said I was the most difficult person he'd ever tried it with.

Having said that I wish that you could figure out a way to get the other 98%+ of the western world population to go vegan, to have environmental concerns. Or something close to it.

Feeling very cynical today. Sorry.

RE: superlearning, well, take a course in speed reading. Read everything you can. Look up words that you don't know. Keep taking courses. Switch fields ever few years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2008 06:43PM by arugula.

Posted by: kratom712 ()
Date: February 19, 2008 04:32AM

hello i been into superlearning for years if you want the best subliminal tape look at www.innertalk.com . hear is a great free progam by one of the most interesting mentalism coures i ever saw www.rexresearch.com/kahne/kahne.htm .i looked at the superlearning course they offed in book.i own a few of there progams never worked for me.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 19, 2008 06:29AM

hi kratom!!!

WOWZERSSSS!! that harry kahne guy... wow... how unbelievable ... ( yet believable) that he could do 6 things at the same time

i agree with what he said about training the mind to the same extent as endurance (olympic) athletes train their bodies

it intrigued me that he said his mind expended the same amount of exertion in the first two minutes of his stage performance as the average person did during an 8 hour mental exertion

the fact that he is a living testament to the power of mind training is great

i also liked what he said about the DIRECT correlation of keeping the body fit as a way to keep the mind fit and vice versa

i'm excited about seeing his course ( the free course.. THANK YA! )

and seeing what it can do or me

i always kid around that i would like to clone myself so there could be at least eight of me... one of me for different aspects of my life

and reading this article REALLY inspired me

well, i wouldn't think i would train my mind to do things like solving a crossword puzzle while hanging upside down or writing backwards etc because i really don't have any use for any of those things... seem like just parlor tricks

but i would like to use my mind to do multiple things at the same time so i can be more efficient and also free up my time to do other things so it is QUITE intriguing and i believe it is doable though i would probably tailor the mind training to do what i PERSONALLY wished to do that behooved me

also, thanks so much for directing me to the subliminal tape site though i couldn't tell which products were free and which were not ( will investigated it more carefully again).... i don't mind spending $ if a product is really good but it would be nice to have some demo tape just to observe the quality of it before hand.. at any rate, i see that they have really great products.. it was kind of uplifting just to READ about some of the messages they inscribe onto the tapes

do you think that any of the superlearning courses actually WORKED for you?
i know you said a few of them didn't work for you but i was wondering if any of them did

at any rate, i do like the research that they put into that book
they made it informative as well as entertaining and quite a large spectrum of tools etc that they introduce the reader to

at any rate, i think the mind body spirit frontier is akin to outerspace

no matter how many NASA vehicles they send out there... there is still a VAST amount of stuff that has yet to be explored

we are still at the tip of the iceberg

which is a good thing if u ask me

it means i will never get bored

EVER!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables