Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Prepare to be inspired! amazing uplifting video
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: March 14, 2008 11:20PM

Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. As it happened -- as she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding -- she studied and remembered every moment. This is a powerful story of recovery and awareness -- of how our brains define us and connect us to the world and to one another. (Recorded February 2008 in Monterey, California. Duration: 18:44.)

Click this link

[www.ted.com]

Be patient...it's very worth it to watch to the end!

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2008 11:33PM by MauiGreg.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Prepare to be inspired! amazing uplifting video
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 15, 2008 03:05PM

hi maui greg

that is very beautiful her message

i completely agree

i could totally relate with what she was saying about the right and left sides of the brain being totally different

i reside naturally in my right brain ( seems TOTALLY natural.. )

and yet, my entire life, i have subjected myself to the silly antics of the left brained world

i think everyone got up and gave her a standing ovation at the end

because they knew on some instinctual level that what she was saying was true

that we are all connected

and as long as people are in their left brains, there will be judgement, serializaing ( past and future) , and prejudices without cease

but when we step into our right brains and disconnect the enormous burdensome chatter of our left brains

there will cease to be judgement , past and future will blend into the "NOW"
and there will be peace and love

"Civilization" was built on fear.... and separation ( the very notion of "homes" made out of cements, bricks, where ONE people live and become "homeowners"

is a perfect example of that left brain separation notion

the left brain physically dictates and changed the entire infrastructure of this nation

the left brain has dictated for so long what was "right' and "acceptable"

the left brain has been very problematic

when people are happy or elated ( without drugs) they are seen as " strange"

that is the left brain saying that happiness unconditionally is abnormal

here that woman neuroanatomist was freely expressing the joy she felt
at finally being free of the chains of the left brain which is the author of separation

i am not saying that the left brain has no function
obviously its functions are myriad, plethora, useful blah blah blah etc.

however, the right brain is where the TRUE intelligence lies

it is where spirit resides

how ironic this world is

where spirit is made to lie beneath the heel of the left brain

and OBEY

where entire people's lives are molded, melded, contorted and disfigured

to fit and pay obeisance to the chatterings of this left brained world

i refuse

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 15, 2008 03:06PM

beautiful message once again

thank you maui greg

i really needed to hear this

it was so affirming

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: March 17, 2008 01:46AM

Thankyou Maui smiling smiley
Another related story that I am aware of concerns a lady, her son and a NDE (near death experience) by both. It is quite an unrelated incident yet in many such cases of NDE the awareness of a greater aspect of self is experienced. For those that are interested in listening to her story, she can be viewed presenting it here [www.youtube.com].
Quite mind blowing.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 17, 2008 03:34PM

My daughter and I really enjoyed that. My father had a stroke when he was with me and I learned so much from that experience. It was interesting to hear her talk from his perspective.

I guess if we don't have the anchor of the left side we couldn't rear our children or even feed ourselves or do all the things we need to do to survive. I feel like we switch the tracks of left and right sides for fun days and work days, always needing some of both to keep from having too much of one or the other. My daughter has trouble switching from right to left and I have trouble switching from left to right. When I was a kid I lived mostly in the right. Everytning in life seems to need perfect balance.

Thanks Greg!

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: March 17, 2008 06:31PM

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

LaV, i love the way that you process and express... when I posted this, I had a strong feeling that it would resonate with you.

Lightform, thanks for the great link... another inspiration.

Pakd, This video made me think about my father too. Although he has Alzheimer's (and hasn't had a stroke), his loss of memory keeps him rooted in the "Now". He has taken on a very Buddha-like attitude about his life and death.

I've been thinking about the left/right brain stuff all weekend. The last few weeks, I've found myself dwelling in the right brain much more often and I think it relates to the fact that I've recently begun daily yoga, meditation and breath work practices. I always considered myself "spiritual", but it was in a very left-brain way. I would rationally consider Buddhist philosophy and quantum physics and arrive at a spiritual "understanding", but now I mostly just feel it...open up and allow it to flow through me... no thought resistance ...no need to understand it in words ...and i must say, I am happier than i ever could have imagined. I am striving towards a life where i use my left brain only when I need to... as a tool, like a wrist watch,cel phone or computer. The rest of the time i prefer to dwell in the right...constantly dissolving the illusion of separation.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables