Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sperms & "chi"
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 24, 2008 02:55AM

I posted this on another forum but I thought I would here to for variety of opinion and presence of intelligent folks like arugula. smiling smiley

To summarize for question, I'd like to know if the whole "sperm retention" phenomenon among many superstitious & spiritual-types has any scientific basis.

I've been thinking about this a little lately since my girlfriend has been gone (moved back to Jersey before me, not gone for good) and masturbation is just kind of boring so I've been, so to speak, "saving my seed".

The thing is, I've heard that you end up recycling all your sperms every two weeks anyway (they either get broken down in the body or flushed out with fluids) so what exactly is the point of self-denial for the sake of some unproven theory. Evidence seems to point to the opposite showing that men who get off a few times a week get less prostate cancer and live longer. The whole use it or lose it thing I guess.

I get the sneaking suspicion that this may be just another play on male feelings of inadequacy ("natural" sex isn't enough, read this, buy this, try this and then you'll be a superman). Or maybe I'm just jealous cause I haven't built up my "everlast" powers just yet. Regardless this is just for my own curiosity more than anything, my girl is fine with our "normal" sex life and has no interest in me being a cumless wonder. Still, inquiring minds want to know!

By the way, I did read Mantak's Chia's book but I don't feel comfortable poking around my crotch during sex trying to inhibit a natural reaction, it strikes me as rather counterintuitive. Plus of course I'd rather go with the flow and focus on enjoying Jamie's body rather than trying to dominate & control my own.

Thanks for any useless information on this. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sperms & "chi"
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 24, 2008 03:50AM

[I'd like to know if the whole "sperm retention" phenomenon among many superstitious & spiritual-types has any scientific basis.]

Not that I know of.

I think you are better off it you don't inhibit. Even if you try you will have a wet dream or something.

Also read this:
[jama.ama-assn.org]

Date: May 24, 2008 03:55AM

Thanks Arugula! I knew I could count on you. smiling smiley

Date: May 24, 2008 04:33PM

i did the whole mantak chia orgasm retention thingy where you draw the energy back into your body, up your spine instead of releasing it into the universe and... it hurt actually. for like days. i'm sure i'm an unpracticed novice and probably did it wrong but i've never tried it again. seemed like an awful lot of work to me and sort of contrary to the natural flow of things anyhow.
i do think you can expend that energy in other ways though, it doesn't have to be through "release", so to speak. i'm really busy with the kids and moving right now and haven't felt any kind of urge in a while. i figure i'm using it up in other ways.

Date: May 25, 2008 04:35AM

Sorry to hear that coco, I have somewhat of a fear that such a thing might happen to me and I definitely don't want to hurt myself by attempting to repress one of life's most powerful forces.

<< i'm really busy with the kids and moving right now and haven't felt any kind of << urge in a while.

Well, you can always look at that picture I sent you if you want to get the juices flowing. winking smiley

Date: May 25, 2008 01:21PM

HA! stinker.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables