Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Has anyone seen "Earthlings"?
Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: July 22, 2008 03:51PM

It is a documentary, narrated by Joaquin Phoenix, which shows what is behind the veil of all the industries that exploit animals. Type in "Earthlings" on You Tube and you can watch the entire thing. I can only watch a little at a time because it is too much to absorb. I find myself crying a lot. Maybe they are good tears, because at least I really understand what the poor animals have to endure in the hands of humans. Part of me doesn't want to watch because it is like "speaking to the choir". I already know it is horrible, but witnessing it is too much to handle. Then I remember that I am upset about SEEING it while the animals are actually LIVING it!

It is a really important documentary because it is pushing me to speak out louder for the animals, while showing others that there is an alternative - one that is healthier for our bodies and better for the whole earth community. I am vegan, but who am I if I don't spread the message of truth? I can’t be content in my vegan bubble, while the animals continue to suffer, the natural world is flooded with waste, and while most of our plant agriculture is being used to feed the animal livestock while millions of people are starving. Some may not care, but most people don't want animals to suffer so profoundly. Whenever we purchase the flesh or secretions of animals it is an act of violence. The workers who do the killing and the corporate conglomerates in charge are not the ones of primary responsibility; it is the population’s insatiable appetite for the flesh of others. We can never have peace on Earth when we continue to torture and kill billions of creatures every day. I think we should spread the word about this documentary, especially to the people who eat meat, eat dairy, eat eggs, and wear the flesh and fur of animals. I will.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone seen "Earthlings"?
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 22, 2008 05:09PM

Conscious should come into play, It is one of the hardest things for me the way `we treat living feeing thinking animals, factory meat prodution is gross and
imoral, If you are eating flesh you are part of the aniamal torture.
I think we wont have peace on earth till we can reconize and respect all life.
we all need to look between our toes for life forms.

What befalls the beast befalls the son of man,

yes eating meat is a lot of Bull.
stop the torture, speak up for the animals.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 22, 2008 11:44PM

I've seen it. Animals are just a convenient focus. The fact is, until an individual human can learn to give love and respect to all things (as all things have 'spirit'), then he has a problem. I agree (and practice) that ceasing to eat meat or kill animals unnecessarily is a wonderful first step.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 23, 2008 02:57AM

i only watched up until the food part then i had to leave for the store but oh my god i cried and cried. i know of puppy mills, i`ve been fighting them for years but the gas chambers and the dump truck think...how could a race be so cruel and selfish
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables