Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Healthy Super Heroes
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 20, 2008 02:50PM

My 7 year old's favorite book right now is " The children's Health Food Book" By Ron Seaborn. It is full of bad guys (The Mucus Gang), wanted Dead or Alive and heroes (The Health Guardians) who capture The Mucus Gang. She loves the pictures. We purchased it at the Raw Spirit Fest last year and they liked it but now it is her favorite book and is reading it all the time.
[www.rawfoodinfo.com]

She watches a show on Noggin (tv for preschoolers) called "Lazy Town." She told me the super hero on the show (Sporticus) is a raw vegan. They don't label him as that on the show but all the kids have ever seen him eat is raw fruits and vegetables and sugar makes him go into a sugar meltdown and he loses all his energy and falls to the ground and can't get up.

"The times, They are a changin'"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Healthy Super Heroes
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 20, 2008 04:35PM

It most certainly is a race between Education and catastrophe,
yes a change is coming and the children of this world are that change,
Lots of things on the down side today,but the youth I see and talk with give
me Hope. I think mabey they are getting smarter as a matter of survival,
and know what info they need, just waiting for the adults to help just a little.
lets do more than we are for the youth.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 20, 2008 04:39PM

riverhousebill Wrote:

> lets do more than we are for the youth.

LOVE this RB
patty

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 21, 2008 02:26PM

It's thoughts (and books) like this that make me want to consider doing child care again. I felt like I was really making a difference when I was doing it before (I had a veg day care in the 80's), even more so now, because I am more convinced of what I believe in. the problem is I am afraid I will get burned out more quickly because I am older now, and I kind of feel that way as a parent of three twenty-somethings and a three year old. There is a lady 45 minutes away from me who has a raw day care, and she has a two year long waiting list! Hmmm....

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: July 21, 2008 03:31PM

Sundancer,
I think if you cater to people who are looking for the kind of child care you want to provide you would realize your importance and not get "burned out." Maybe keep it small.

RB,
I am inspired by youth also. Health issues are so obvious now and they can't ignore those issues as in previous generations. They are getting sick too now. Also they see me at 39 and see how youthful and active I am compared to their parents and they think about the connection to my lifestyle. We can do so much more for our youth.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 21, 2008 04:17PM

>
>
> I am inspired by youth also. Health issues are so
> obvious now and they can't ignore those issues as
> in previous generations. They are getting sick too
> now. Also they see me at 39 and see how youthful
> and active I am compared to their parents and they
> think about the connection to my lifestyle. We
> can do so much more for our youth.
``
``Health issues are obvious, diabetes, heart, lukemmeia,
I remember Corbin Harney spirtitual adviser for the Western shoshonnes speaking `at a morning sunrise circle, Where do you get your water? I know you get `your `water at Alberts, You are all sick even if you feel good,
We have treated our mother poorly, the air, the water, the animals,
it is one water, one air, one earth, we can make a differnts every one of you `can.
Pray in your (own way) not mine , go out there stop nuke testing, speak for the `earth speak `for the animals and generations to come.

sunrise circles now!
Peace now

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables