Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question About The Olympics
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 24, 2008 10:22PM

What do you all think about The Olympics? Do you think it's great and the world should continue to have the world-wide competition?

Or do you think like I do -- it's a load of sh**, and there are many reasons to discontinue it --

For example -- a total waste of money, waste of billions of dollars.

Lois

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question About The Olympics
Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: August 25, 2008 12:54AM

Hi,

In the orginal era it would of been great but now it is corrupt and like a circus.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: August 25, 2008 01:08AM

..watching the closing ceremonies, one of the performances included beautiful circus style unicycles, where the wheel encompased its rider like a flower petal.

Did anyone see Jamaican, Usain Bolt, coast across the finish line to win the 100 meter dash in world record time? His Dad attributes his son's speed to eating yams!

LOVE the olympics

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: August 25, 2008 01:17AM

yes I for one am against any public gathering, they are dangerous, and a waste `of Govt Money , we could be spending that money for Empire Expansion instead,
Global I agree its corupt,but it seems to be the nature of the beast right now, `so I say let them play, the war in Iraq cost 10 billoin a month, thats a waste, `thosands of dreams for the athlets, some bummers, over all its good, needs to be `cleaned and opened up to all nations,

Date: August 25, 2008 01:29AM

Okay, then is there anyone here who loves the Olympics and is also a "MAN-MADE Global Warming" believer?

Date: August 25, 2008 01:44AM

..still watching the closing ceremonies.. London is up with a "Beiging to London" theme.. what a contrast between cultures and artistic expression.

Anyway manmade global warming makes sense to me.. I buy the one meter +/- rise in sea level in the coming century, and lament the loss of polar bear habitat and the erosion of coastal areas.

Date: August 25, 2008 01:54AM

Lois Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Okay, then is there anyone here who loves the
> Olympics and is also a "MAN-MADE Global Warming"
> believer?

lois - My friend Zippy, #9, and myself.

Posted by: Duo ()
Date: August 25, 2008 05:39AM

I don't think we should know those other people exsist. Except through legends of brave sailers perhaps.

Posted by: Duo ()
Date: August 25, 2008 05:40AM

-deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2008 05:42AM by Duo.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: August 25, 2008 11:54PM

I love the Olympics like crazy. I spent most of my free time glued to the tv.

Date: August 26, 2008 01:19AM

Okay, the point being --

How can a "MAN-MADE Global Warming" believer condone the Olympics, which is a huge waste of resources. All those lights, jets, traveling using fossil fuels, waste of water, electricity, polluting the environment like crazy. I can't even imagine what all else it is a waste of, but it sure did put out a lot of "MAN-MADE" greenhouse gases.

Not to mention this --

Millions forfeit water to Olympic Games

Farmers in Baoding Face Ruin From a Man-Made Drought

[www.timesonline.co.uk]

So it's against the law for little me to use a regular lightbulb, instead I have to use a mercury laden lightbulb, but THE OLYMPICS can pollute the whole planet like crazy, more than 5 Trillion lightbulbs?

That's okay, right? It's okay because it's SPORTS COMPETITION, but I can't sit at home in my little house with my regular lightbulbs, that's against the law.

Date: August 26, 2008 02:00AM

Lois if you use regular light bulbs they cause more mercury contamination than `the ones with the mercury in them, that may end up in landfill or your body,
In coal generation mercury is vaporized from coal, and it has been shown the `energy bulbs reduce the amount of coal used to make them very worth while.
its not all fad some greening is real, but you have to research the facts.
use the old bulb till its fried then go green

Date: August 26, 2008 03:57AM

i think the olympics are so stupid. how can i not think that about anything so innane and wasteful and contrary to the ideals of co-operation as opposed to competition? not something that i support at all.

those dumb light bulbs. not only are they super dangerous if one gets broken (hello, who hasn't accidentally smashed a light bulb?) but they don't fit into most lamps and fixtures (inside glass ceiling covers for example). and the LIGHT they give off? it's just so awful. i'm really looking seriously at the new led technology as a feasable alternative.

here's a page on those compact fluorescents
[www.npr.org]

Date: August 26, 2008 04:14AM

The Chinese River Dolphin went missing in the Yangtze river in 2007.. subsequently declared extinct.. lost to murky water, ship's propellors and illegal trawling. THAT was a real loss the Chinese will be the first to tell you.

Global warming (man-made) is a relatively new concept. It's going to take some time to change our ways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2008 04:15AM by loeve.

Date: August 26, 2008 11:58AM

bill, would you please explain or post a link about the mercury in regular lightbulbs. I didn't know a regular lightbulb had any mercury.

Lois if you use regular light bulbs they cause more mercury contamination than `the ones with the mercury in them

Date: August 26, 2008 01:01PM

i don't think it's in the bulbs, just associated with coal burning to power them.

Date: August 26, 2008 03:47PM

Lois Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bill, would you please explain or post a link
> about the mercury in regular lightbulbs. I didn't
> know a regular lightbulb had any mercury.
>
> Lois if you use regular light bulbs they cause
> more mercury contamination than `the ones with the
> mercury in them

Good mornig Lois, I was not clear, we have lots of coal power generation in the `US, and when you burn coal, you put mercury in the air,on then on Johnies lunch.
by useing the small (toxic energy saving bulbs} A lot less mercury is vaporized- `tons by using them. its better but still not right. Led is cool, all my `flashlites are crank up led. and I hpoe to go all Led.
A;ternative Energy Engineering in Redway Ca. is the best source for green power `in the US, check them out get their catalog!
The info on the coal mercuy level I read from Alternative Energy.
Wholesale solar panels, renewable energy, wind, hydro and lots more, its the `best!
Green Peace to all

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: August 27, 2008 04:57AM

I didn't watch much of the olympics, the summer olympics are boring, they are about people and muscles. The winter olympics are cool, they are about people riding things downhill fast or flying around on ice!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables