Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

chanting with children
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 29, 2008 05:33AM

a krishna das tape was playing in the kitchen today and i was singing along because i love the maha mantra so much, it's so peaceful and delicious in my mouth. anyhow, i told little he could sing it too if he wanted to 'cause i like to sing with him any old thing and i do so adore his wee little boy voice. he said "sure mom, but first you gotta tell me what it means. i can't sing it if i don't know the meaning you know!"
omg, so cute! so i looked it up to give him a precise translation. he's so darn funny that kid.

[www.youtube.com]

<<The word Hare has come from 'Haran' which means to take way or to end. So when one says hare Krishna, he requests the God (the supreme consciousness) to take away his sorrows , his shortcomings, his failures and pains. This Hare Krishna Mantra is actually a little prayer to God for taking away all the sorrows, pains and shortcomings of the chanter and provide him bliss and joy.

"Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare"

Whenever you chant this mantra, always keep its meaning in mind. Chant this mantra with devotion and faith . While repeating his mantra request the God almighty to take away all your sorrows, pains and failures and give you joy and bliss. >>

*blissful sigh*

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: chanting with children
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 31, 2008 09:36AM

Thats cool Coco !

I believe that giving yourself up to god, is the same as acknowledging that everything is a part of it, and therefor being beyond the call of fear or resistance. Just like Byron Katie says.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables