Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sheesh nothing seems to have changed much down here in OT hehe
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 30, 2008 03:29AM

Etiquette Rant

I’ve noticed that there are some very disturbing behaviors present in the forum. Unlike many other many other forums Ive played around in the past or present LIVING and RAW Foods is largely unmoderated in Bryan leaves that up to us to control ourselves before he brings out the big message nerf bat. there is no right .. no wrong just variable shades of peoples opinions that dont always jive

I think its unacceptable to speak abusive manner to another person in public chat .. period .. no discusion no black no white no shades of grey. . If you think you’re being cute or funny, please remember that not everyone appreciates racial slurs, sexual comments, being put down for their choices or thoughts etc. Despite what you may think, there are real life people here trying to have a good time, and learn something and even some of us come here for entertainment and you are ruining those good times

It may sound crazy but, treat other people like you would like to be treated. And if you happen to like being treated like a jerk or a moron, go seek some counseling and come back when you like to play nice with others. Forums of this nature are about community, if the community sucks, people move out and its happening a lot lately just for these very reasons

… listen nobody wants to be Nazi moderated to death but honestly a little self control never hurt anybody and more often then naught in my 20 years of gaming and forum browsing experience ive found that most people get a lot further being civil than by bein an arse.

Courtesy, politeness, understanding: these things go a long way to making the discussion time more pleasant for all involved.

now that ive got that off my chest ...

i guess im back after a long break an just wanna say hi to everyone ..glad to see you .. i hope you stop peeing in each others sandboxes

an can i have a WOOP WOOP GROUP HUG =D

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 03:31AM by Jgunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sheesh nothing seems to have changed much down here in OT hehe
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 30, 2008 04:18AM

Love ya, Jodi. Great message! I think cooler heads are beginning to prevail.

Love,

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 30, 2008 04:45AM

hey Sharrhan !! so nice to see you still out here smiling smiley so looking forward to taking up our chit chats grinning smiley

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 30, 2008 07:09AM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> … listen nobody wants to be Nazi moderated to
> death

Yea that's what happens on Alissa Cohen's Raw Food Talk, where she basically forbids discussion of anything but HER way of eating as outlined in her book.

[www.rawfoodtalk.com]
Every so often I need to send a reminder...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey RFT'ers,

Yes, it's that time again. What time am I referring to?

Well, because we have so many new "faces" around here I feel the need to send out a reminder to some and notice to others what Raw Food Talk is all about.

Alissa Cohen, the author of Living on Live Food, used to get SO many emails from people once they got her book and she just could not keep up with the volume...not to mention her name within the raw food community as well as in mainstream now-a-days has become more known.

So, she started the online community, Raw Food Talk, so that all of those questions about her book and about raw foods, period, could be answered here by herself and by "seasoned" raw foodists who hang out here.

But one thing, she wanted this forum to be an extension of her book and her teachings of the raw food "diet". Now, for those who have her book, you pretty much know what her teachings and philosophy are. For those who do not own the book GET IT! (Just kidding... but not really) but those who do not, basically Alissa is all about FREEDOM with raw food.

She is NOT about low-fat, fruitarianism, mono-eating, raw meat/egg/dairy, no fruit, high-fruit, no night shades, no onions and garlic, etc. etc. She is about eating what you want, when you want, as long as it's raw and allowing your body to eventually guide you into less (fill in the blank) and not following "should-on-you rules" about what and what not to eat or counting calories, etc.

Now, I've been noticing lately that some of the posts have been kinda borderline insinuating a certain way of eating or that nuts are "bad" or what have you. This needs to stop and I'm not calling names and I don't want anyone to start taking it personal and asking me, "Is it me?"...if you feel that what I'm saying applies to you, then just please have the respect to watch your posts.

But yes, I'd really like for those who are practicing a more "natural hygiene" or low-fat/811 approach to raw to please, please be mindful of where you are and who "runs the show" and what her teachings are when you are responding to people's posts here. Although she may not be here as much as she used to in the earlier years, this is still Alissa's board and her rules and stance on things still apply to this board so again, please be mindful of that fact.

Okay? Thanks and I appreciate you all for being here and making RFT the wonderful place that it is!

Blessings,

Cherie aka Rawkinlocs/Rawkie

Date: September 30, 2008 07:27AM

hehe yea i hear ya lillianswan i spent some time there a few months before finding this board and after having people jump down my throat and up my arse over simple questionings .. i was glad to find this place

even as crazy as it gets at times tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 30, 2008 05:23PM

no joke, that forum is ridiculous. i post there a bit but whoa, look out what you say! geez.

do you remember when there was a mass exodus from her site to this one and people were over here calling her out? she came and posted this big huge sob story about how she was being maligned when she was really all about doing good things for everybody. was she ever indignant.
it was so stupid, too stupid to even be funny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 05:31PM by coco.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables