Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Actor Paul Newman Has Passed Away..
Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: September 27, 2008 04:31PM

There aren't very many people in Hollywood that I respect to any degree, but Paul Newman was one of those that I did respect..

Here was an actor that shunned the celebrity & spotlight that comes automatically with being one of the premier actors of his time..He was a family man who was close to all of his children..Although divorced from his first wife, he had been married for 50 years to fellow actor Joanne Woodward..He used his wealth & celebrity to help others without needing his ego to be stroked by constantly being in the media spotlight..He started a company, Newman's Own Organics, strictly as a lark to sell his salad dressing..When the company became successful & profitable beyond his wildest dreams, he donated every penny of profit from the company, over $175 million dollars to date, to charity..

In a day & age when second rate personalities with little or no real talent are able to self promote themselves into multi-million dollar contracts to pitch products, & where celebrities from the music, television, movie, sports, & print worlds are constantly breaking the law & acting like thugs; Paul Newman was a breath of fresh air & an example of how a celebrity can lead a full & rich life without being a media whore..

The first film that I can recall ever seeing him in was the Hustler, where he played the role of "Fast Eddie" Felson, a pool shark..
Other films of his that I particularly liked were Cool Hand Luke, Hud, Long Hot Summer, Exodus, The Color of Money, Sting, & Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid..

I will miss his performances & his contributions to life..

Bruce

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Actor Paul Newman Has Passed Away..
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: September 27, 2008 05:44PM

Paul Newman, I will also him and his contirbutions to life
What a wonderful human being.

three and eighty years
I've hung the sky with stars.
Now I leap through-
What shaterttering!

Dogen

I alterd the #s rhb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2008 05:46PM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 27, 2008 08:03PM

He will be sorely missed, both for his wonderful acting and his humanitarian contributions. What a great human being.

Posted by: cyclopsale ()
Date: September 27, 2008 09:41PM

As soon as I saw that he died, I told my family, and they all rushed into the room to look at the article. He was truly remarkable, though I haven't seen any of his movies, but his self quality was amazing, for all that he did. We are now renting all of his best movies off netflix. I can't wait.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: September 27, 2008 11:44PM

I thought he was prety cool in Where the Money Is. I had no idea he was that cool in real life too.. thats cool smiling smiley

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: September 28, 2008 11:58AM

He was an amazing man; one of the few Hollywood celebs I (and many of us) could actually look up to.

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: September 29, 2008 06:37AM

I ate his food for years . . . Thanks Newman!

Posted by: Kit ()
Date: October 01, 2008 02:37AM

Friday night I had a desire to watch 'Hudsucker Proxy' which has him in it. He plays a greedy corporate guy. So I watched, then I think on the next day I heard he died.

Seems like he's done a good thing with Newman's Own. Secretly I still use some of his salad dressing.

Kit

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables