Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What Will You Be for Halloween?
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 31, 2008 12:01AM

I'm going to be working tomorrow night, so what better fun than to go as something really freaky and give the street performers a laugh (or maybe a scare). My halloween 'thing' is usually to go as a fairy or an angel. I bought a sort of pastel turquoise green (aqua is somehow a little too tame a description) wig at the Salvation Army store today for $2-- long with bangs, and actually pretty cool and in great condition, for an aqua modaacrylic wig, lol!

I plan to paint my face light luminescent blue, wear silver or light lipstick, add some glitter and carry a hand-made wand of some sort. It's cold here, so it's a little hard to come up with a full body costume when you have to wear a winter parka.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What Will You Be for Halloween?
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: October 31, 2008 01:55AM

Yeah, they were joking on the radio about what a downer it is to wear thermals under the French maid costume! I think I'm just going to be a mommy. D is a witch and Little one is a fairy princess by day and a clown at night (one costume wasn't enough!!!)

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 31, 2008 03:28AM

How fun Kwan.

I hope you will post pics.

I am not dressing up this year sad smiley. BOO hoo! See the pun smiling smiley.

I have been so busy and getting three costumes together for the kids was a lot of work. Next year I will dress up though.

We are going to the Poor Pony Fest in Lake Charles with lots of arts and music. There will be a street performance of Thriller and lots of musicians, a haunted house and movies like the "Rocky Horror Picture Show." We have old, dear friends meeting us there from Galveston then staying the night with us and all going back for more Poor Pony on Saturday. And it is all FREE!!! I am so excited!!!

You guys have great fun tomorrow and over the weekend!!!

Date: October 31, 2008 03:39AM

>We are going to the Poor Pony Fest in Lake Charles with lots of arts and music. There will be a street performance of Thriller and lots of musicians, a haunted house and movies like the "Rocky Horror Picture Show." We have old, dear friends meeting us there from Galveston then staying the night with us and all going back for more Poor Pony on Saturday. And it is all FREE!!! I am so excited!!!<

That sounds wonderful, Kise'! I want to teleport down there and go with you.

I'll try to remember to take a pic and post it. I'm going to try to talk Jonathan into getting made up as Dracula or one of the 'living dead' or something-- wish me luck.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 01, 2008 12:34AM

i wont be going out tonight as my poor little dogs will be going insane with the noise and firecrackers and what not .. i did put up a sign to be kind and not knock and take some candy from bowls but ya always get the odd one that misses the sign smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 01, 2008 02:05AM

hello friends! here we are at a local party

of course the baby has fallen asleep by now but she was in a very cute little giraffe costume, adorable!
the "great pumpkin" has been and gone, taken away all the candy and left a webkinz bat in it's place. little big man will be so thrilled when he wakes up tomorrow morning. i expect we'll be taking "batty" (sure, he'll name him something like that) everywhere for a few days.

any pictures kwan?
here are some magic wands that you might like. i fell totally in love with these, if only i had people to make them for as gifts because i just think they're lovely.

[www.craftster.org]
[www.craftster.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2008 02:06AM by coco.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 01, 2008 04:09AM

That is very cool.. we don't realy do halloween in N.Z. It is more of a fringe thing here, which I think is a shame.

Date: November 01, 2008 04:50AM

coco--
You guys are TOO cute! And the wands are gorgeous. Thanks!
As things turned out, I ended up going as 'myself' tonight to work in the Square-- I tried out the aqua wig again and there was just no way it was working. Then I did some face painting, which looked great, but I made the mistake of using watercolor on top of moisturizer and make-up, but it looked really hard and dry and made my face stiff when it dried, so I washed it off. So in the end all I did was wear a little (okay, a lot!) of extra purple lipstick and purple eye shadow, and I put a little lilac glitter on my cheeks. Jonathan came out to meet me later and wore this futuristic looking black jacket he has + dark wraparound shades and a mock-sinister "I'm a handsome alien" look that turns people's heads. It was low key, but we had fun.

There weren't a lot of performers out tonight anyway (just 4 over 7 hours) because of the cold weather, so if I'd decked myself out in an elaborate costume I wouldn't have had the satisfaction of showing it off to very many of my friends. Harvard Square was full of students in all sorts of wonderful and imaginative get-up tonight, though-- I loved gawking at all of them.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 01, 2008 08:50AM

just myself
love incarnate

LOL smiling smiley

Date: November 01, 2008 12:36PM

The best Halloween get-up of all: love incarnate!

(Yes you ARE, LaV-- no joke.)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 01, 2008 10:26PM

My alien lover--- scary!!!!!

Date: November 02, 2008 06:17AM

Coco--
Great idea about the Great Pumpkin! I was wondering how to handle the candy thing -- this is the first year that my daughter really "got" Halloween, and she ate her first lollipop today (snuck it). My hubby and I were both very sad and need to do something with the candy. We bought some little Equal Exchange choc. bars to swap, but I don't know if she'll protest that trick.
LaV--
Great costume! I want to see a picture of what love incarnate looks like!
Kwan--
I like the bottom, dark one. I wonder (if you have Photoshop) how it would look to solarize the photos -- make 'em look really creepy!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: November 03, 2008 05:47AM

Great pics guys.

Sorry your wig didn't work out Kwan. Your man is scary looking. Did he cut his hair off sad smiley ?

I will try to post some pics. too. I have to do it the old fashioned way. No digital.

The Poor Pony Fest was so great. The bad news is I got sick and had to leave early. The kids and husband got to stay though. I caught a stomach virus and was so sick all night and even now I am still recovering. The festival had tons of "Green" info,,propganda and organization booths. We heard some local bands that were really good. The kids had a ball. The live thriller dance was really cool but I missed most of it. It was so exciting to see Lake Charles being so progressive. My friend that came from Galveston and met us at the festival is thinking about moving to Lake Charles. That would be great because we have very few friends and no family here. She and I have been friends since we were 15 so I am excited about the prospect of that. I showed her a beautiful old Arts and Crafts house that I have been admiring since we moved here, that just happens to be for sale, and she fell in love.

Date: November 03, 2008 06:14AM

Hi Kise',
So sorry to hear you got sick at the Pony Fest; what a bummer!

Yeah, the halloween wig looked really awful on me; Jonathan tried it on and looked really hot with it on though! ;-p But he finally opted for going out as the 'brother from another planet.' Really, he can do that sinister look SO GOOD, can't he?

He had me buy him a hair clipper a few months ago and he's been shaving it pretty close ever since. These pictures don't do him justice, what with the hat and the horror movie facial expression. I'll post a 'normal' picture of him at some point; most people really like him better with his haircut. It wasn't something I really wanted him to do-- I like his hair longer too-- but he likes it short because it's a lot less trouble to manage.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 03, 2008 08:58AM

kwan:

<<but he likes it short because it's a lot less trouble to manage.>>

HA HA LOL !!

yeah, i like my hair to be long
cuz it looks better on me
so i care about how i look

but seems like guys just care about how "easy" it is to take care of
and i hear a few saying that short hair means that they have to take less care of it and also that if they shave all their hair they have even LESS to take care of

and here i am thinking ' what the heck are they talking about"?

their hair was so short to begin with, what CARE did they have to put in it to BEGIN with LOL smiling smiley

its all good

men an their extraordinarily short hair

they are so enigmatic in their thinking
sometimes

Date: November 03, 2008 03:31PM

>yeah, i like my hair to be long
cuz it looks better on me
so i care about how i look<

Me too, LaV!! The longer the better. I look so drastically different with short hair (not in a good way, either!) that nothing will ever persuade me to cut my hair short again.

Jonathan's lucky-- he looks great no matter what length his hair is. His face and features are so balanced and kind of 'perfect' that it doesn't matter. I have a strange facial shape-- my face is widest at the temples-- that works best with really long hair.

You know how 'they' say after the age of 40 women shouldn't have long hair? 'They' can go jump. It's an evil plot, and I'm not giving in. :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 03, 2008 04:41PM

Me either -- I'll take my waist-length, graying hair any day!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables