Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Magic is in the mind
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: September 16, 2008 09:22AM

Hey everybody smiling smiley

I just wanted to bring an emerging science to your attention because I found it very inspiring. It is called epigenetics, and is a study of the mechanisms which govern the utilisation of the genes and subsequent biological development. This research illuminates one of the ways in which the mind effects the environment, and is powerfull stuff for those on the path of self discovery. It will pay to watch these in order.

First
[www.youtube.com]

Second
[www.youtube.com]

Peace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Magic is in the mind
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 20, 2008 12:54AM

Great stuff Lightform.

Posted by: cyclopsale ()
Date: September 20, 2008 01:40AM

Wow, very interesting.
But I have a few questions about this idea; I don't know if you have the answers, but if you could point me to some sort of material, I would be greatly appreciative.
First of all, based on this theory, he said that a person, through their beliefs, could change their genetic makeup. Does this mean that a man who truly believes he is actually a woman, could indeed simply become a woman? This is a very subjectivist view about the reality we live in. If a person could just believe that he has brown eyes, though he has blue, does this make it so? And what about people before genes were even thought of? I'm sure plenty of them believed they could change many things about themselves through their beliefs, but this may have not happened.
Secondly, a fundamental theory of quantum physics is that energy and particles are constantly moving. They do not stay in one entity, but move constantly through all entities. Based on this theory, it seems, that one's own beliefs would have influence on others, as is stated, but these particles and energy do not just go through other humans, but all other things, like tables and lamps and ground. Again this comes to subjectivism, the idea that what we believe creates our reality. Well then a person who truly believes that he can turn water into wine, would indeed be able to do this, under this concept. I don't no if Jesus actually did this, but it seems very unlikely to me.
If you could point me in some direction for finding answers to these questions, I would be greatly appreciative.

Date: September 20, 2008 02:14AM

Watch more of the Bruce Lipton videos on YouTube, specifically the one's on the Biology of Belief. He also has book by the same title.

The manipulation of the genes is not at the scale of changing a man to a woman. However, say there were some huge climatic weather changes that occurred, say like it became very hot all of a sudden. In fact, suppose it were alway over 100 degrees Farenheit. A pregnant woman could change the genes in her child such that the child could have adaptations to deal with very hot weather. All of this in just one generation, as opposed to the Darwinian theory of evolution that would be based on selective breeding over 10s or hundreds of generations.

Date: September 20, 2008 02:22AM

Date: September 23, 2008 08:16AM

cyclopsale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, very interesting.
> But I have a few questions about this idea; I
> don't know if you have the answers, but if you
> could point me to some sort of material, I would
> be greatly appreciative.
> First of all, based on this theory, he said that a
> person, through their beliefs, could change their
> genetic makeup. Does this mean that a man who
> truly believes he is actually a woman, could
> indeed simply become a woman? This is a very
> subjectivist view about the reality we live in. If
> a person could just believe that he has brown
> eyes, though he has blue, does this make it so?
> And what about people before genes were even
> thought of? I'm sure plenty of them believed they
> could change many things about themselves through
> their beliefs, but this may have not happened.
> Secondly, a fundamental theory of quantum physics
> is that energy and particles are constantly
> moving. They do not stay in one entity, but move
> constantly through all entities. Based on this
> theory, it seems, that one's own beliefs would
> have influence on others, as is stated, but these
> particles and energy do not just go through other
> humans, but all other things, like tables and
> lamps and ground. Again this comes to
> subjectivism, the idea that what we believe
> creates our reality. Well then a person who truly
> believes that he can turn water into wine, would
> indeed be able to do this, under this concept. I
> don't no if Jesus actually did this, but it seems
> very unlikely to me.
> If you could point me in some direction for
> finding answers to these questions, I would be
> greatly appreciative.

This is just my perspective Cyclops. It is my view that the reality we experience is a collective interplay of our whole set of beliefs, and that it may not be noticeably effected by a single one as there are many others at work. I do think that every belief has an effect, but only shapes reality as far as all of your other ones will allow it.

As far as people influencing other people goes, I feel that this is part of the same equation, only that what we percieve as seperate people, are in fact all part of one consciousness. One book you might like to read if your interested in this is one called The Intention Experiment by Lynne McTaggart. This book was released fairly recently and covers this ladies investigations into all the scientific experiments which are, and have been carried out concerning mind over matter and their conclusions. It ranges from those done on phycics, healers and buddest monks through to the lab veriety performed on plants, people and water etc. It's a real good foundational read on this subject.

This website was set up in conjunction with the publishing of the book for the purpose of furthering the experiments on a mass scale. [www.theintentionexperiment.com]
Check it out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2008 08:20AM by Lightform.

Date: October 05, 2008 03:10AM

PEACE CAN BE NOW !

For those in search of a deeper insight into who and what they are, this is an iluminating tale from a brain neurologist who suffered a stroke, and was able to watch her consciousness seperate from its analytical limitations. Very inspiring !

[www.youtube.com]

I wish to appeal to everyone that wants a more peacefull world, to start using their directed attention to create it. Our thoughts and intentions have more effect than the mainstream society are currently aware of, and every moment of love and peace that we create helps to transform the world.
Thanks all.

Date: October 09, 2008 01:10AM

Please everyone..
The time is upon us to change our fundemental philosophic world view through awareness for the sake of our continued survival. Knowledge is power.

The information in this documentary is critical to our future ! This movie provides the catagorical analysis of our current global problems, and a stunningly astute understanding and proposition for their resolution.

Peace to all !
[video.google.com]

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 10, 2008 01:28AM

Lightform--
We watched the 'Addendum' to the Zeitgeist movie last night-- very powerful! Wow. I highly recommend it. It's strong medicine, but I think that's good. And toward the end it's really inspiring.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 10, 2008 01:44AM

yea great movie smiling smiley

again lightform thanks for posting smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: October 23, 2008 07:53PM

This is real... peace is but a choice away. Join the movement
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 24, 2008 12:35AM

cool vid again Lightform thanks much smiling smiley

Date: November 22, 2008 10:47PM

I dedicate this link to all who believe there is more to life than what can be explained in physical terms. To all who are searching to understand their true nature, and to those who still dream.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: November 22, 2008 11:58PM

Wow thanks so much for this video...I've always suspected this but I didn't think the science would catch up.

Amazing, this totally discredits eugenics once and for all.

Date: November 23, 2008 12:10AM

Yes Komb... exciting times. In among all the bad stuff going on, humanity is also waking up :*)

Date: November 30, 2008 02:30AM

This is an excerpt from an email that was sent to me just recently. There is more and more conflict going on in the world today, and it can be easy to forget this important aspect of our lives. I thought it relevant and benificial to post this as a reminder. I am aware that some of this message can seem invalid to some, but there is a realizable benifit to be gained from its practice no matter what you believe.

>>>>
We are all on an incredible journey.
Each of us today is the result of our choices, a rich web of
interwoven intentions, actions and reactions.--

-- No matter who you are or where you are, you can change your life with gratitude, but you must feel it with your whole heart and radiate it from every cell. Gratitude is not a mental exercise, and in fact, if you simply use your mind for gratitude it will have little or no power. True gratitude comes from your heart! You must think gratitude through your heart, speak gratitude through your heart, and feel it intensely in your heart.
Then practice gratitude relentlessly. As you practice gratitude you will attract more thoughts and feelings of gratitude. In a short time your entire being will be saturated with it, and you will experience a happiness that is beyond what you can imagine. This is what is ahead for you when you choose gratitude as your way of life. And if you can really live in this highest state of gratitude, you will never have to ask for anything. Everything you want will be given to you before you even ask, because gratitude is the magnetic substance that opens every single door in the Universe.
This Thursday is Thanksgiving in the United States. To celebrate Thanksgiving, I want to share an excerpt with you from The Secret Daily Teachings, which is being released in the US, Canada, the UK, and Australia on December 9th. This excerpt presents an easy way to start using gratitude and integrate it into your life by making every Thursday "Thank You Thursday." As you "Thank your way through every Thursday" you will open the most powerful receiving channel within you.
"Today is Thank You Thursday. Today and every Thursday is your day to say and feel "Thank you" in as many ways as you can.

Write a list of all the people and events you want to give thanks for.

Return thanks today to those who have done things for you.

As you walk say "Thank you" in your mind with each step you take.

As you drive, make each time you stop your cue to say "Thank you."

At various times in the day, think and feel "Thank you" inside you seven times in a row.

Look for every opportunity to say "Thank you" to other people, and say it with so much meaning that the person looks right at you.

Thank your way through every Thursday, and make "Thank you" your predominant thought, feeling, and words of the day.

"Thank you" - two words, inconceivable potential power, and all they need is you to put the power into them by expressing them.

Thank you!"
Enjoy the holiday!
DRD, Karen and everyone at Matrix Transformation

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 30, 2008 05:25AM

THANK YOU!, Lightform. ;-) Great reminder!

I feel so much gratitude for this board and all the wonderful people on it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: November 30, 2008 03:48PM

Me too -- thank you all!!!
smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables