Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

A.K. Mozumdar on Mental Transformation of the Body
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 16, 2008 09:20PM

….Mind so closely resembles the electrons in its functions and consequent reactions that we are almost tempted to believe that the electrons themselves must be of mind stuff, and that our mind, being activated by spirit, commands and controls a tremendous amount of electronic force. Then, can you not postulate that out of mind stuff, all things and organic bodies are made? It seems quite logical to imagine that our mind also is made up of the universal mind stuff, and that through a cosmic process it objectifies itself in the form of a physical body. By analysis and experience we know that the mould of the body is held together by the mind, and that for that reason certain mental impressions bering about certain changes in the body; we further know that if these impressions did not brin about certain changes in the fundamental nature of our body, our body could not possibly change. It is because we know these things through analysis and experience that we can accept the Bible injunction without reservation, “Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind.” I venture to say that there must be some kind of mind even in rocks, or there would be no change in them. No matter in what significance we accept our body in its relation to our mind, actual practice brings us to one conclusion, namely, that our body is in our mind and our mind is in our body, and that there is no line of demarcation between them. One seems to be the extension of the other, and the difference that exists between them is due to the difference in their densities.

When we once take for granted the fact that our body is made up of mind stuff, how easy it is then to change our body by changing our mind! Mind stuff is a very flexible substance because it is electronic energy. The mind that is highly organized with a spiritual force back of it can easily handle its own substance and bring about a certain change in the physical body. The only things necessary for this are a spiritual conviction and an understanding and knowledge of the mode of operation. Now, supposing that we accept our body as a part of our mind, or as existing in our mind. Shall we be able to change it by our mere thought? That will depend upon our ability to overcome our subconscious resistance. Because of our daily habits and a belief inherited from millions of years back, our mind has accepted the idea that our body is made up of solid substance, and that nothing mental can bring about any change in it. Of course, those with a philosophical trend of mind and a strong imagination may overcome this prejudice, and, within the bounds of race belief, may bring out certain changes in their body by direct thought. But the best method to use in accomplishing such a result is this: Imagine first, that the body is made up of the minutest electronic vibratory units which in their aggregate are flexible and can be moulded into any desired form with our mind; then imagine that you are moulding this flexible body into a definite shape; while engaged in the latter process talk to your mind to take an impression of a photograph of that form, and have a corroborative answer from your mind. If you can then move and act according to the vision of that form, sooner or later you will manifest it objectively.

In taking your physical exercise, if you can form the concept of your body as being an electronic mass, you can quickly mould it to your desired definite shape. Anything that stimulates your mind enables you to form a clear picture of that which you desire. Most people who wish to reduce their surplus flesh have no definite picture in their mind, and therefore do not obtain any definite result. Speaking for myself, when I have the time and am away from people, I can shape my body very quickly to a desired form. I do not maintain that I have reached the acme of perfection in the ability to renew my body through the renewing of my mind. But one thing I often do—when I take a mental picture or photograph of a certain definite form of my body, I act according to that picture as though it were a reality. I never try to see the outer manifestation; I know that will follow in accordance with my mental acceptance of its reality. In the meantime, I mentally discard my former form while I function in the new.

If Providence could bring this wonderful creation out of Itself, It certainly must hold the secret of the creative process of all beings and things. Then why not imagine that it is moulding your ever-vibrant body in accordance with your vision? To do this will keep your mind in touch with the Infinite Power and Wisdom that throughout Eternity never fail. Either imagine that the Infinite, Ever-Present God is moulding your ever-vibrant body in accordance with your vision, and that you are talking to your mind to take an impression of that picture—
OR—

Imagine that the Ever-Present God, Who dwells in every fibre of your body, is absorbing and transmuting your body into His Divine Substance and moulding it in accordance with your vision; also, imagine that you are telling your mind to take a photograph of that new body.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A.K. Mozumdar on Mental Transformation of the Body
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 17, 2008 03:27AM

kwan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> how easy it is
> then to change our body by changing our mind!

Should be easy for women,then, eh? winking smiley

I'm here all week...

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: December 17, 2008 06:03AM

Hmm... I haven't read it all, but this seems to me like the speculative ramblings from someones diary, rather than a serious proposition for consideration.

Date: December 17, 2008 03:32PM

Lightform--

It's actually from his book, 'The Triumphant Spirit.' As far as I know, he demonstrated in his own life everything he talked about in his books. People say that when he got into his 50s, 60s and 70s he continued to look youthful and didn't ever seem to age. He was a well-known healer who helped a lot of people; I think he was very serious about what he was writing, even if the language (from an earlier era, probably around 1930 or 1940) might sound a little strange to us in the 21st century).

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 17, 2008 06:21PM

Intriguing.. I just took my time to read the whole thing. I think I was put off by the start because of its speculative nature, probably because it was out of context with the book you that you say it came from. The second part is awesome though, it coincides with my own findings very well.

Date: December 17, 2008 07:29PM

Actually Kwan.. This topic is one of my highest interests. I might see if I can locate the book, is the rest of the book as insightfull as that ?

Date: December 17, 2008 07:44PM

Hi Lightform,
Yes, I think you're going to find some really wonderful things in his books. If you go here:

www.mozumdar.org

... and then click on 'BOOKS' you'll find many links to 'The Triumphant Spirit' (my favorite) and his other free online books. They're pdfs, so I try to print them up a chapter at a time for easier reading.

He was a Hindu who came to America and wrote, taught about and practiced what he thought the real message of Christ was; I find it fascinating. It has some elements of 'new thought' in it, but written in different way that really appeals to me.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 19, 2008 01:53AM

very cool Sharrhan thanks for the links to the books! been reading some stuff the last few nights smiling smiley i find his writing to be really easy to read

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: December 19, 2008 04:05AM

Yeah thanks a heap Kwan. I know that a teacher who gives their energy for free is starting from a place of understanding. I am keen to read those books as my next reading material.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables