Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Abused Monkies Fight Back!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 20, 2008 01:46AM

Performing monkeys attack trainer in China

Three performing monkeys turned on their trainer in China after he beat one of them with a stick.

Three angry monkeys turned on their cruel trainer and beat him with his own stick

When one of the monkeys refused to ride on a child's bicycle in a street performance in Sizhou, in eastern China, their owner beat it with a stick.

Although they were tied to the man with ropes attached to their collars, the monkeys appear to have decided to fight back.

The two animals came to the defence of the third monkey, grabbing the stick from the man, pulling on his ear and biting his head.

When he dropped his cane, on monkey snatched it up and began beating the trainer on the head until he broke the stick, witnesses said.

The dazed trainer told his audience: "They were once wild and these performances don't always come naturally to them. They may have built up some feelings of hatred towards me."

Local police are apparently investigating allegations of animal cruelty and may confiscate the monkeys from the man.

Performances with monkeys are a common sight in markets and squares in China, but the treatment of the animals is frequently criticised by animal rights organisations.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Abused Monkies Fight Back!
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 20, 2008 02:28AM

Too bad they can't organize and take down the psychopathic politicians and CEOs of the world.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 20, 2008 03:40AM

Power to the little guys!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 20, 2008 09:36AM

animals and babies
they get away with everything

LOL smiling smiley

GOOOOO MONKEEEEYYSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

i feel sorry too
for the man who was a trainer
there must be some deep pain in his heart
to resort to beating an animal with a stick
because it would not bend to his will

but pain or no pain
karma is law

there are no shortcuts
in the spirit world

even though people mock it

it is true
for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

pure physics

oh well

live and learn buddy

Posted by: Kombaiyashii ()
Date: December 20, 2008 11:03AM

aww standing up for their friend.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 20, 2008 11:34PM

Things like this make me so angry I want to spit. I cannot understand how people mistreat animals and children. Cannot understand. I remember my brother telling me after his first trip to Thailand about how this elephant cabbie was treating his elephant roughly when my brother was getting a ride. I said, "why didn't you tell him to stop?" You know, not to be culturally obtuse, just to ask for basic mercy for the elephant, like to say simply, "stop hurting the elephant, please, or you won't get my fare but that other man with an elephant will." My brother just stared at me like I was speaking Esperanto at him. And though it is tender hearted, and that's admirable, I wouldn't attribute it to some sort of "deep pain" in the monkey trainer's heart, la_veronique. Sometimes wanton abuse of animals is just pro forma. Human life tends to be really cheap in such places, as well.

Date: December 21, 2008 07:23PM

Tamukha:

<< And though it is tender hearted, and that's admirable, I wouldn't attribute it to some sort of "deep pain" in the monkey trainer's heart, la_veronique. Sometimes wanton abuse of animals is just pro forma. Human life tends to be really cheap in such places, as well.>>

Thanks for calling me tender hearted. That should be a compliment only if it were accurate. The fact of the matter is that I was just calling a spade a spade. No one who is truly happy, content and filled with joy would or could abuse another sentient being in such a manner. People who inflict pain are in pain. You can only give what you have. If you are filled with nothing but pure peace, joy and compassion, this would be totally inimicus to the action of abusing another. In fact, it is impossible. I am not condoning the guy. I'm just saying that I feel sorry for the stupid bloke!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 21, 2008 07:42PM

i was rootin for monkeys too .... goooooo monkeys !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 22, 2008 12:21AM

la_veronique,

Does that mean you are hard-hearted? Oh, say it ain't so! I suppose I feel sorry for the guy, but as someone with a large prefrontal cortex, he should be able to examine his behavior and consider it. I know, I know, that's unrealistic. So let me say . . . I am sorrier for the monkeys!

Date: December 22, 2008 02:53AM

[People who inflict pain are in pain]

There is a strong genetic basis to callousness/lack of empathy, some people are born that way, born to be mean, to inflict pain, and to feel absolutely no remorse for it, and no, they are not in pain.

This is about 5% of the population. These people not all serial killers, they are not all in jail, most of them are just abusive to their relatives and SOs.

Unfortunately these people tend to have more than their "fair" share of children, they lie, they cheat, they steal, they manipulate, they con, and they torture in various ways, going from woman to woman to woman without a shred of remorse and their genes continue to propagate.

Normals who inflict pain do feel pain. But that's only 95% of us. And since we tend to believe that everyone else is like us we can easily get hurt if we don't remember than not all people have the same moral restraint-- in some the wiring is faulty and they can only pretend to have morals.

Date: December 22, 2008 03:39AM

<<Unfortunately these people tend to have more than their "fair" share of children, they lie, they cheat, they steal, they manipulate, they con, and they torture in various ways, going from woman to woman to woman without a shred of remorse and their genes continue to propagate.>>

hey arug

which gene is that?
i'll look into it

Date: December 22, 2008 04:23AM

The genes that have been named as culprits so far are mostly related to faulty neurotransmitter systems in the brain:

monoamine oxidase A (MOAA)
His452Tyr and DAT1 polymorphisms
muscarinic acetylcholine receptor M2 gene (CHRM2)
AR and ESR1 polymorphisms
NR4A2 and TFAP2B
protein kinase C gamma gene (PRKCG)
tyrosine kinase B neurotrophin receptor gene (NTRK2)
A1 allele of the DRD2 gene resulting in a deficiency of dopamine

Here's a scary "bird's eye" view:
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
(they can see it in seven- and nine-year olds)

Date: December 22, 2008 07:34AM

Nothing a little eugenics can't fix!

Date: December 22, 2008 07:44AM

arugula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately these people tend to have more than
> their "fair" share of children, they lie, they
> cheat, they steal, they manipulate, they con, and
> they torture in various ways, going from woman to
> woman to woman
without a shred of remorse and
> their genes continue to propagate.

Ahem? Are you saying heterosexual females don't have this gene?

IIRC, females were willing to administer a potentially deadly shock just as often as men in the Milgram type experiments.

From wiki :

Charles Sheridan and Richard King hypothesized that some of Milgram's subjects may have suspected that the victim was faking, so they repeated the experiment with a real victim: a puppy. They found that 20 out of the 26 participants complied to the end. The six who did not were all male; all 13 of the women obeyed to the end, although many were highly disturbed and some openly wept.[14]

Of course this will be blamed on the (probably male) researcher!

Date: December 22, 2008 10:47AM

CB, about 80% of pyschopaths, sociopaths and narcissists are male. The females, while still highly toxic, don't have the same "breed with wild abandon and then leave" strategy. They still dupe and con but they tend not to make so many babies.

Date: December 22, 2008 02:19PM

Makes sense from a biological perspective, afterall a woman generally CAN'T make as many babies as one man & jumping from man to man doesn't make good sense survival-wise (though certainly choosing a safe & stable partner & then cheating on him with different men for variety does).

The morality curve similar to the intelligence curve, among men there are more geniuses & idiots whereas women tend to be more in the middle. One thing is that woman tend to feel worse about their "immoral" actions but are just as likely to do them anyway (except violent crimes).

Posted by: Kit ()
Date: December 23, 2008 12:46AM

As for the monkeys, monkey see-monkey do. If this is true it looks like he taught the monkeys that behavior.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables