Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I"m a brat you"r a brat
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: January 01, 2009 04:27AM

Every January 1, many people make new year"s resolutions, promising
to embark on programs of self improvement. But your assignment is
now , should you choose to accept it. is to create a list of Anti-
resolutions.

Here are some questions to guide you: 1.What outlandish urges
and controversial tendencies do you promise to cultivate in the coming
months? 2. What nagging irritations will you ignore and avoid with even
greater ingenuity? 3. What problems do you promise to exploit in order
to have even more fun as you make the status quo accountable for its
corruption? 4. What boring rules and traditions will you thumb your nose
at, paving the way for exciting encounters with strange attractors?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I"m a brat you"r a brat
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: January 01, 2009 07:28PM

The languge is too fancy for me in your questions. I will try

1. Controversial tendencies that I promise are I am going to try to have more pleasure the following year

2. The nagging irritations I will ignore is this feeling of lonliness

3. I don't get the question

4. ? Same

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 01, 2009 07:47PM

HA HA RIVERRRR!!

you river rat brrat you!!

let'ss seee

i aim to stir up trouble in ALL areas of my life
invite strange attractors just for the heck of it
push deeper and further problems that have irked me in the past but then do an about face and use what i have learned to my advantage( have already started and did a good job)

ummm... what else....

as usual

i cultivate the outlandish urge
to drink an ocean of cilantro cinnamon apple juice smiling smiley
\

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 01, 2009 09:28PM

[4. What boring rules and traditions will you thumb your nose
at, paving the way for exciting encounters with strange attractors?]

I encountered the sine qua non of strange attractors last year.

Call me a strange attractor magnet.

Never again.

No thanks.

I turned the page.

[1.What outlandish urges and controversial tendencies do you promise to cultivate in the coming months?

3. What problems do you promise to exploit in order
to have even more fun as you make the status quo accountable for its
corruption? ]

None. I need to make a living and I need to stay alive to look after my doggies. In my former life, when I spoke out against injustices I got the **** beat out of me. Making noise is for the independently wealthy.

[2. What nagging irritations will you ignore and avoid with even
greater ingenuity?]

I already do this to the fullest possible extent.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: January 02, 2009 07:08AM

1. Lay out in the sun as much as possible wearing as little as I can get away with.

2. One of my bosses -- the one who irritates me.

3. I'm not sure, yet. There are so many problems to exploit and I am looking forward to having fun making the status quo accountable for its corruption in any way that the Universe provides the opportunity for me to do so. For example, I could do this at work (myriad opportunities), but I would need to have other income lined up -- just in case!!! Hmmm...

4. Like Arugula, I am not interested in strange encounters with attractors; I have a strange attractor at home who suits me fine, but I'd thumb my nose at most boring rules and traditions just for fun. Actually, I probably have thumbed my nose at most of them (maybe that's what attracted my strange one to me)! The biggest one lately is the age thing -- he's 28, I'm 47 and we have a three year old together. And no, we're not married! And we're TOTALLY happy!!! Nah Nah Na-nah Nah!!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: January 02, 2009 03:32PM

>The biggest one lately is the age thing -- he's 28, I'm 47 and we have a three year old together. And no, we're not married! And we're TOTALLY happy!!! Nah Nah Na-nah Nah!!<

That's wonderful! I love hearing about women who breatk the mold, bust outmoded paradigms and refuse to be molded by consensus reality. Yay, Sundancer!!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: January 02, 2009 03:52PM

1.What outlandish urges and controversial tendencies do you promise to cultivate in the coming months?
>>> I promise to continue to be even more outlandish and controversial in my propensity for being a champion of the purple energy vibration (which for me represents unconditional love and joy), and I'll continue to be a walking advertisement for the glorious color purple.

2. What nagging irritations will you ignore and avoid with even greater ingenuity?
>>> Ahh, that one's easy: I promise to avoid posting on the political board (only every once in a long while)! ;-p

3. What problems do you promise to exploit in order to have even more fun as you make the status quo accountable for its corruption?
>>> Hmmm... so many amazing opportunities !; where do we start? Since my recent 'epiphany' I'm not so anxious to make angry waves of protest against injustices (even though they're still glaringly apparent to me and I'm still just as concerned), so maybe I will be trying to accomplishing my goal of changing the world in a different way this year. Yes, I think I'll be thinking a lot more positively, playing more meditation music in the subways and streets, selling more of my meditation music CDs, spending more time in meditation and actively finding ways to make my neighbors happy.

4. What boring rules and traditions will you thumb your nose at, paving the way for exciting encounters with strange attractors?
>>> I've got a wonderful strange attractor at home with whom I regularly have exciting enounters, so I think I'll continue to thumb my nose at the tradition that people in their late 50s and mid-60s are supposed to be dessicated fossils incapable of original new ideas, fun escapades, or sexy times!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 03, 2009 12:58AM

[ I think I'll continue to thumb my nose at the tradition that people in their late 50s and mid-60s are supposed to be dessicated fossils]

I got carded the other day when I bought beer. Nope, I don't look anywhere near the drinking age but some people ask if you might be under 35. I laughed and told the woman I was a fossil. She laughed and she looked at my ID and said, no you aren't but your driver license is (it has the ancient background which was replaced about 20 years ago). I said, "See, I told you I was a fossil. I was in my 20s when I got it."

I am afraid of being told I am an a dessicated fossil so I tend to say I am one before others have a chance. They they have to argue against it. smiling smiley

I'm not happy about getting older. sad smiley But I like it when people are surprised to find out I really am a fossil.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: January 03, 2009 03:38AM

Kwan.. your my hero.. er.. heroine winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2009 03:39AM by Lightform.

Date: January 03, 2009 05:49AM

:-) Wow, thanks, Lightform! What a nice thing to say. And the compliment comes right back at you, like a benevolent cosmic boomerang!

You've inspired me all along, with your quietly infectious way of always being one with love and light and not getting blindsided, regardless of the situation.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: January 03, 2009 04:16PM

Yeah, guys -- lets have a toast to thumbing our noses at boring rules and traditions, and for still "having it" (lifts MC drink) -- I got carded a couple of months ago, too. Laughed my ass off! Once I got carded and didn't have my ID, but my son who was about 22 at the time and looks just like me was with me. I told the guy, "this is my son --he's my ID." He let me buy the wine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables