Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

really terrific natural soaps. no crap, no really!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 08, 2008 04:28PM

[www.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com]

for body and hair. bet it smells amazing!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: really terrific natural soaps. no crap, no really!
Date: February 09, 2008 02:31AM

Thanks, Coco - I was just thinking today of changing my shampoo. Even though it's from the HFS, it's got suspicious ingredients in it.

Prism also has (or had) natural soaps that she makes and sells online.

Date: February 09, 2008 03:27AM

i love it when i find something that only has natural ingredients in it that i could go out and find myself. it's amazing how much crap is in everything! people don't even think about what they're putting onto their bodies, it astounds me. mascara and lipstick are the scariest to me, they go right into the eye and onto the mouth. i won't drink tap water but i will eat 4 lbs (that's the average, i read it somewhere) of lipstick in my lifetime? no thank you.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 09, 2008 06:26PM

Yes, I do have a website but it's non-functioning at this time due to my organic essential oil manufacturer going out of business.

I do make soaps, and all they have in them are things like coconut, olive, palm, almond, avocado oils in some combinations, with the essential oils no fragrances, and of course the initial sodium hydroxide needed to get real soap.

I found a new ocal source for all my soap making needs, so I figure in the spring I'll be making soap again.

I wish I could find someone to partner with to get my website up and functioning..I'm good at designing the free websites like for my childcare, but this professional one is complex to me, but it cost me a bundle to get built and now it's just sitting there..<sigh>..

Love,
Prism

Date: February 09, 2008 08:51PM

well let us know when it is up and running. i mostly use castile but nice soap makes a perfect gift winking smiley

is it cold process soap that you're making? i'm interested in trying that out for myself sometime. only when the baby is bigger though.

and sorry i don't know anything about websites or i'd for sure help you out!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 10, 2008 04:33PM

the whipped coco butter one looks good enough to eat!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 11, 2008 03:16AM

That's something I don't get Lav..so many people make their soaps to look and smell like food items. It's weird I think and I often wonder how many kids end up eating the stuff by mistake? I've seen cinnamon bun soap, chocolate bar soap, cookies, candies, etc. All very yummy lookingsmiling smiley

I remember by fav gifts as a young girl were the rose soaps that looked like pink roses..and the pretty smell of it. I like soap like that..flowers, birds, bees, dragonflies. I have a pretty mold that makes a dragonfly on the top of each bar.

Love,
Prism

Date: January 02, 2009 05:53PM

Hi Prism,
I interested in making my own soaps but am concerned about the use of lye. I'm new to this and don't fully understand the chemical needs. Is there any way to make soap without lye? I know there are melt and pour solutions, but those have already been saponified (sp?) using lye.

Any no-lye ways to make soap?

Thanks!

CJ

Date: January 15, 2009 07:55PM

Hi CJ,
If you are interested in making soap, the Indie Beauty Network (www.indiebeauty.com) is a great resource for all of your questions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables