Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

radiation from computer?
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: February 15, 2009 06:53PM

I'm just wondering why it is that every time I'm on the computer for a while, my face is red. Is the computer emitting something that I should be aware of?

Should I get a protective screen? What do other people suggest?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: radiation from computer?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 15, 2009 07:34PM

Yes, yes, and

From "Scary" Mercola:
[www.mercola.com]

Also:
[emfblues.com]

And if you feel like swallowing the expense:

[www.blockemf.com] Did you notice who uses this?

Frightened yet? I know I am!

Date: February 15, 2009 07:55PM

THANK YOU for that information Tamukha. I can see that I should take steps to have a healthier computer.

It would be too ironic if we come to the forum for healthy inspiration, but by doing so, we are giving ourselves cancer!

Date: February 15, 2009 08:15PM

Gee, it seems like the good Gauss meters are more expensive than the radiation-free monitors.

I think I might try to get the radiation-free monitor if I can possibly swing it. Compared to leukemia, the expense seems minor!

THANK YOU AGAIN, Tamukha!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 15, 2009 09:48PM

suncloud,

You're welcome!

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: February 15, 2009 11:22PM

I haven't had time to read the links, but I understand that most screens these days emit far less radiation than what warrents caution. I would be more concerned with sleeping near powerpoints, or living near cell towers or overhead powerlines myself.

IMO it can be easy to be overrun by information without knowing the subtle but important details in how things effect our bodies. Our emotional state is just as important. Being "worried" can create more damage than that of ignorant exposure in a lot of situations. My own approach is just to premote love in my life, and let my resulting experiences guide me in the right direction.

Date: February 16, 2009 03:02AM

Hi Lightform,

I don't think I'll worry too much about it (I'm not a worrier), but for me, I'd rather err on the side of caution.

HOWEVER, if you can find a good reference backing up your understanding that "most screens these days emit far less radiation than what warrants caution", I might reconsider. I have a Dell notebook.

If you don't feeling like looking around for the info, that's OK.

Anyway, I think I'd rather have NO radiation than less radiation. Apparently that's possible with the radiation-free monitors found in Tamukha's 3rd link, which are used by The US National Institute of Health, MIT, and the UN.

If anyone else has information on this, it's welcome!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2009 03:06AM by suncloud.

Date: February 16, 2009 03:38AM

I notice that the www.blockemf.com website (kindly provided by Tamukha) also sells a "Deluxe Center-Mount Anti Radiation Shield". The website claims the shield (only 35$) "blocks up to 99.999% of ELF/VLF Electric field.

Key words: "up to". That might be a problem. Anyway, it's another possibility to consider.

[www.blockemf.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 17, 2009 07:03PM

just one more reason to be happy about my decision to cut off the internet at home. i only get an hour at the library, much MUCH less than i was getting at home!

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: February 17, 2009 07:16PM

Yeah, this post has been the impetus to not dawdle on the computer, but to get my business done, whip through this forum and go enjoy reality.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables