Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Lion friend
Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: November 28, 2008 04:26PM

just had to share:

[video.yahoo.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lion friend
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: November 29, 2008 01:17AM

Yeah flex winking smiley
That is a great story !

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 29, 2008 02:41AM

Those guys looked like lions, too smiling smiley

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: November 29, 2008 02:40PM

I love the documentary on christian the lion.

I've got the full documentary from Born Free.

That lion and his love for those men who resuced him from a cage in Harrods is beautiful

What I do find sad though is that they saw him once more a year later and he had cubs of his own at this point but a little while later he disappeared never to be seen again. Iknow they feel it was successful as he was returned to the wild

I highly doubt that a lion who so enjoyed human contact as he was reared by humans and was so tame, loving and trusting would integrate fully to the wild, animals that are not reared in the wild don't develop strong enough instincts and senses to survive, no matter how much it may look like to the untrained eye, and no matter how well they are integrated, its tough,survival of the fittest.

I guess he would have fallen prey to another male lion as they do attack and kill other males. In the documentary on christian they show another semi wild male lion called boy who also lives with George Adamson is constantly being attacked to the point of death by wild male lions. If it weren't for constant vet attention,he would not have survived either.

I wonder if it Would really have been so bad for christian to have been reared in a reserve of some sort, where the guys who reared him and loved him would still have been able to visit him. He was clearly extremely happy being kept as a pet until he grew so big, they had to decide what to do with him for the best

Still it is a wonderful documentary,and the love of christian the lion is really heart warming. His story also created a reserve to help other animals

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2008 02:44PM by Ariel55.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 30, 2008 04:20AM

ive seen the vid before its very cool smiling smiley

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: November 30, 2008 08:19AM

Here is some more info on Christian the lion from Born free from where the clip was taken

[www.bornfree.org.uk]

and an interview with the young guys in the clip 35 years later on christian

[www.facekitty.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2008 08:23AM by Ariel55.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables