Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Home Town of Mission did the 100mile Challenge
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 16, 2009 01:55AM

last year my hometown did the 100mile challenge for 100 days , well 6 families did and it was documentated for the food network smiling smiley

[100mile.foodtv.ca]

here the site , unfortunately i missed it .. i woulda loved to try a 100mile vegan challenge for 100days but i didnt find out about it till it was nearly done

theres the link if you want to watch the episodes. i think there is 6 in total but only the first 2 have played the next 4 will be over the next few weeks smiling smiley

if anything i was glad it gave my community some awareness about where our food comes from and whats available locally!

i just found out there is lemons on vancouver island ! ive already contacted the guy about buying some hardy lemon trees to grow in my front yard tongue sticking out smiley

i should add this was not vegan or vegetarian, but i think it was a good lesson for the whole community regarding awareness about our food source smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2009 02:02AM by Jgunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Home Town of Mission did the 100mile Challenge
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 16, 2009 07:22PM

that's awesome! i lived in mission bc when i was little, just for the summer though. i remember it being very lush and green with wild deer in the garden. i guess we were doing our own partial 100mile challenge way back then, we sure were growing a lot of our own food!

Re: My Home Town of Mission did the 100mile Challenge
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 22, 2009 03:43PM

hey coco thats cool smiling smiley i got a kick catching a glimpse of all the neighborhoods i know lol smiling smiley

my hubby (who is not vegan or raw) couldnt figure out what the problem with some of the folks are (he grew up on salmon, corn an potatoes lol) finding local food

for me it would definitely be more of a challenge .. vegan would be easier .. raw vegan definitely harder especially overwinter winking smiley

mom says were insanely spoiled generation tho .. imported fruits like citrus in her day was a TREAT hehe smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 03:44PM by Jgunn.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables