Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Earth 2100
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 06, 2009 09:13AM

I watched this ABC special (choke full of ads unfortunately) & was a bit disappointed by it overall. It was sweet to see Joesph Tainter in the flesh (the author of Collapse of Complex Societies) and guys like Richard Heinburg on mainstream TV but I'm not a big fan of the quality of the production (graphics, scenes chosen) and the timeline seemed a bit overly optimistic & UScentric.

Worth a watch if you have a couple hours to spare though.

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=%22Earth+2100%22

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Earth 2100
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 06, 2009 09:30AM

Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States

Narz can you find a link that works outside of USA? i cant find one smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 06, 2009 01:00PM

Jodi,

This is from ABC directly. It's in segments preceded by adverts, but it's the only thing I could find that might play in Canada:
[abcnews.go.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 06, 2009 01:09PM

communitybuilder,

I was pleased with the things that pleased you, also, Yay! Jared Diamond! The graphics didn't really bother me; I think the target demographic for this included tweens, and it had to be made relevant to the Middle Amercian audience, so . . .

At least someone is addressing this issue in a way that doesn't sugarcoat it. The "if" scenarios were pretty dire, and not in an implausible way. And the solutions could be as simple as suggested, even given the inertia and plain intransigence of the power structures of the developed world. I'm in Michigan, and there's a lot of chatter about the solutions discussed in the special; witness Michael Moore's latest blog post on the decline of GM:

[www.michaelmoore.com]

My paternal grandmother used to tell me I was born a cynic. If I feel hopeful, well, that's something.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables