Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nautilus shell house.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 04, 2009 03:16PM

[worry.blog.dada.net].......

Holy gorgeous. How do you get in though? I'd like one with balconies...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nautilus shell house.
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 04, 2009 06:05PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Holy gorgeous. How do you get in though? I'd like
> one with balconies...
I must say you visit some unusual websites.
It was interesting. I also liked the World's Smallest Woman.

Date: September 05, 2009 01:00AM

Ooh, was that on there? I only looked at the house, my friend linked it on facecrack.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 05, 2009 01:40PM

Ooooh, I saw a tour of that house on HGTV and it was mesmerizing--it was really like being inside some large organic organism, like a gigantic mushroom or viny plant. It looked like it would be so cozy to live in. Thanks for posting.

Date: September 05, 2009 02:12PM

Check these out

[www.nytimes.com]

[www.simondale.net]

[www.flyingconcrete.com]

I'd gladly live in any of these places. Most of them are way easier to make than a traditional box house too!
Let's get together and build a village, how about it?

Date: September 05, 2009 03:06PM

coco,

[squealing with delight]Thanks soooooo much for posting these links! Those houses all look amazing, and so much more architectural than actual architecture. I studied architecture briefly, and this was nothing like the precepts we were taught; I doubt the curriculum has changed much, either. But what different city- or, better yet, suburb-scapes there would be if it had changed!

I like the idea of living in a conscious alternahouse community. I want to live in a Hobbiton of Hobbit houses in Wales like in the second link! Or an Ewok village of tree houses like in the first one! Or in a community of Gaudí miniatures like in the third link! Oh, to dream : )

Date: September 05, 2009 03:58PM

coco,

Did you stroll a bit through Simon's(Hobbit House guy's) site? Apparently, he's accepting "applications" from people interested in participating in his next house building project in Wales, or wherever. Hmmmmm . . . .

Date: September 05, 2009 05:21PM

I know. I saw that when I first found the link while internetsearching gnomes and stuff for a crafty exchange. It still makes me sad because that's just so.darn.far.away. Why isn't anyone doing that HERE? I'd go, wouldn't you?

That's so cool that you studied architecture, even if only a little. It's a funky thing. I'm happy to hear though that it has little to do with homes like the ones I love the most. I was afraid I'd have to take courses in that to manage mud huts and the like!
I really loved the recycled house guy's work, his stuff could easily fit into more neighbourhoods, even urban settings. It was simply gorgeous too, a lot of it. The bottle bases as stained glass windows is something I've seen before in hippy houses up north, it's absolutely gorgeous in person.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 06, 2009 05:38PM

very cool architecture smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables