Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Well guys, it's that time again...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 22, 2009 10:43PM

Time again for me to sign off the boards for a while. It's fall, our cooked foods go way up in the colder months until spring and fresh local produce abounds. I'll still check in now and then, you're my fave community of like minded health freaks and eco-angels after all, but I feel like this is the place for me mostly when I'm high raw.

Someone posted this link today that reminded me that my choices are good ones...
[www.eatrightamerica.com]

Light and love to all of you! XO, JOY!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Well guys, it's that time again...
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 22, 2009 11:24PM

Joy, we'll miss your humor, insight and thoughtfulness. (Great article, btw!) See you next spring, and stay warm this winter. :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 22, 2009 11:59PM

aww coco im gonna miss yas smiling smiley wow i cant beleive its that time again ...i seriously need to move to a 12 month growing season climate lol

im going into nesting mode now too .. even tho i dont wanna lol tongue sticking out smiley

GIMME BACK MY SUMMER !!!!!!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 23, 2009 12:16AM

and i just thought of a quote i saw not so long ago i think it went something like this ...

"We are so often caught up in the destination that we forget to appreciate the journey, especially the greatness of the people we meet on the way."

see ya in the spring coco ! and dont forget to contact me about them stuffies !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 23, 2009 01:07AM

I for another will miss you Coco. Your posts always
add to the subject at hand.
You must live in a very cold Climate.....WY

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 23, 2009 01:29AM

coco,
Have a super winter.
Keep checking in even if you dont postsmiling smiley

Vinny

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 23, 2009 04:40AM

Maybe give us a little update now and again..especially with your upcoming move.

Hope all goes well for the winter. I understand completely about needing that warming food at times, soups especially.

Here's a couple interesting book recommendations if you come across them. A Bridge of Birds, Women Who Run With Wolves, The Little Money Bible by Stuart Wilde, and I'd love to have a couple books this winter also, one is by Dave Ramsey for Financial Freedom, and one is called Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levine. Of course anytime I can add to my raw foods books is cool..and I'm actually collecting a few now.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: September 23, 2009 06:44AM

Wow... I haven't noticed you posting here for a while Prism, nice to see you.

I'm kinda confused about your reasons Coco ? but there will definately be a Coco hole around here for a while :*)

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 23, 2009 10:31AM

Hey Coco:

I'm mad at you
come back!!

just kiddingsmiling smiley
have a BLAAASST!!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 23, 2009 12:31PM

Happy Hibernation, coconuts! Good luck with the move and the creating and all the other good stuff, and come back as soon as the bluebells emerge--I'll miss you lots : )

Date: September 23, 2009 01:10PM

Ah, guys, you're all so lovely. Thanks for the wonderful send off wishes.

You know, I could stay but I feel like this is primarily a site for people who are pursuing a high raw lifestyle and in the winter time that just isn't us. We'll still sprout, eat fruit and salad and drink smoothies and juice but winter is a time for casseroles and soup, beans and grains and baking. My choices will still be healthy, of course, but it's cold here in Canada, even southern Canada (level with San Fran/Oregon for you peeps in the south) and the produce comes from far away and is expensive. I am trying to live more of a pioneer lifestyle (minus the barn yard animal sacrifices!) in the winter time.

I feel like what I have to offer during that time is not what this community wants or needs. My advice will all be about moderation and how cooking some things is fine, still healthy, a good option, and that's just not what is appropriate here. And so, I respectfully back away and leave you to it. I'll check in here and there and will see you more again after our long hibernation is over.

Peace, light and love to all of you. Joy.

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: September 23, 2009 05:28PM

Hi coco,

Hope you come back soon.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: September 23, 2009 08:15PM

Hmmmm...
I see what your reasoning is now Coco, but I might point out that this is the off topic forum. Also, although I believe that eating all raw is better nutritionally than having cooked food in the diet, I think that there is alot more to health than just eating raw food. State of mind being another aspect for 1. Therefor are these forums for raw foodism ? or for people pursuing wholistic health ?

Most people moving into raw food take years to make the transition, so are the experiences of still eating cooked while interested in nutrition not part of the scene ? We all talk about totally unrelated issues on this forum, with the common theme being that we are all generally mutually caring people. So it seems like an overly conscientious decision to me smiling smiley But hey... having a break can be good for other reasons.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 25, 2009 11:49AM

Me miss coco; cave-woman! lol

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 03, 2009 06:36PM

I agree with Lightform ... this is the OFF topics forum

so u can say whatever u want

and mostly here we don't talk about food anyways

that is for the FOOD forum.. and this is the NON foods forum

so you ought to still hang out here coco

CUZ I SAY SO!! LOLsmiling smiley

Date: October 23, 2009 05:10AM

hey you's! am parked in my little village by the lake. it's pretty nice out here i must say. very little internet but i can take it or leave it right now. the kids and i are hanging out, raking leaves and jumping into the mountains yay!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables