Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

gaining weight after 45 years old
Posted by: cy ()
Date: February 13, 2010 03:00AM

Since my 45 years old that I gain some weight (5 pounds),after 10 years of vegan,3 and 1/2 years of raw.I am 46 going on 47 in June.
What do you think it is,hormone?Just strange.
Maybe I did too much fasting and too much liver/kidney cleanse? Too much of colon cleanse?Maybe my body got crazy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: gaining weight after 45 years old
Date: February 13, 2010 04:48AM

cy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since my 45 years old that I gain some weight (5
> pounds),after 10 years of vegan,3 and 1/2 years
> of raw.I am 46 going on 47.
> What do you think it is,hormone?Just strange.
> Maybe I did too much fasting and too much
> liver/kidney cleanse? Too much of colon
> cleanse?Maybe my body got crazy?

Date: February 13, 2010 04:53AM

sorry.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: February 13, 2010 02:10PM

Hi cy,
At 53 I've been into raw foodism for 10 years now and have had mild swings in both directions. It's been pretty crazy with diet, health and personal stuff, but am better off than when I started as a 'pasta' vegetarian.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: February 13, 2010 02:13PM

Are you still as active as when you were younger? I am 43 & have no problems staying at my ideal weight. When i went vegan/raw, I actualy lost something like 40 lbs. in a 6 - 8 month stretch, & then things stablized a bit & I gained a few pounds back, maybe 10 or so.

Weight gain is sometimes an indication of a hormonal issue. Maybe schedule a diabetes & thyroid check w/ the dr. Actually, a series of blood tests would be an excellent place to start.

Maybe Tamu will weigh in on this - she has a bit of knowledge on medical/hormonal relates issues...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 13, 2010 03:06PM

cy,

If this is fairly sudden, and you're not actively going through the "Change," I second JK's advice to go have a hormone panel done. You could be in perimenopause, and that's just the way your body is shifting[5 pounds is insignificant, btw]. But it could be something lese, though I don't know what "too many" liver cleanses looks like or might cause.

[www.perimenopausesymptoms.org]

Good luck.

Date: February 14, 2010 04:48PM

Thanks so much guys.I will definitely do some blood exam.I did check the perimenopause site Tamukha, and I didn't have the symptoms there,but who knows?
When I went vegetarian 11 years ago I lot a lot of weight and kept the weight after I went vegan and than raw ,5 years ago.I had some small weight gain,but nothing that I could not go back right away,but this time it has been different and difficult to get back on my weight. My husband thinks that I have a lot of water retention, maybe.Very weird. I will definitely check my blood. Thank you so much guys,I do appreciate your help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables