Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Isn't this amazing! Please sign Jamie Oliver's the "Food Revolution" petition
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: March 30, 2010 03:33AM

So I was watching Larry King Live last night and Jamie Oliver, the Food Network chef from the UK, was on along with American Idol's Ryan Seacrest and they were talking about their new show where they try to get people to eat better foods. They are focusing on school lunches that have less processed foods, and homecooked meals instead of processed foods.

They showed clips from the show where they were talking to the cooks at a school about the additives and preservative in foods! In another clip they even buried a family's deep fryer in the backyard!

They have a petition which they are going to present to the president. They have 112,702 signatures so far, please sign. Thanks.
[ad.doubleclick.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Isn't this amazing! Please sign Jamie Oliver's the "Food Revolution" petition
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 30, 2010 04:03PM

Did you watch the show on ABC? I think it was on Friday. Horrifying!!! The stuff those people don't know about food vs. phood! I don't know if I can bear to watch again.

I'm going to sign the petition, but the President is already on board with this stuff; sure, isn't the First Lady giving talks everywhere she goes about making better nutrition choices? She is the Nancy Reagan of food. What we have to focus on is the USDA, which originated the idea of relabeling pig slop as food. Alas, they are underfunded, understaffed, and underegulated.

Thanks for posting!

Re: Isn't this amazing! Please sign Jamie Oliver's the "Food Revolution" petition
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: March 31, 2010 07:23AM

Thanks for signing, it's great to support people who are trying to make our lives better :-)

I didn't see the show but I'm going to try to catch it next time. It's just amazing to me that this info is going mainstream,and to have the First Lady being the "Nancy Reagan of food" (great analogy) is jawdropping!

Another Food Network star is also promoting a diet that has very limited animal products (compared to SAD) and that has lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Alton Brown had an episode of "Good Eats' that was about his weight loss plan and what he eats now. I watched that show and I thought that his diet was pretty good, it sure beats all the other fad diets I've seen and he had a fridge full of frozen bananas and other fruit for making smoothies!
[www.goodeatsfanpage.com]

Daily
- Fruits
- Whole Grains
- Leafy Greens
- Nuts
- Carrots
- Green Tea

3X Weekly
- Oily Fish
- Yogurt
- Broccoli
- Sweet Potato
- Avocado

1X Weekly
- Red meat
- Pasta
- Dessert
- Alcohol

0X Weekly
- Fast Food
- Soda (club soda is ok)
- Processed meals
- Canned soup
- "Diet" anything

One last rule: Eat breakfast every day, no exceptions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2010 07:34AM by tropical.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 31, 2010 11:44AM

I loooooooove Alton Brown and I caught half of that episode and was so happy! He's such a charmer, and so concerned about the science of food, it was heartening to hear him recommending healthy stuff, candidly and without external pressure, just because he is fascinated by nutrition.

I want Alton Brown to live for a hundred years--and now he will!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables