Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The TRUTH people!!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 04, 2009 10:30PM

Wow.
I appreciate all your input everyone!!

That icicle is fantastic!!

I recently sat down to enjoy my nice warm woodstove,and in the brick mortar behind the stove I saw this.....

Enhanced....

Brian

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2009 10:35PM by Raw1228.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: January 04, 2009 10:51PM

I'm assuming that icicle is carved ?

Date: January 05, 2009 02:38AM

Don't think so, you can read the commentary on the site. Does look a bit too perfect. But then again, take millions & millions of icicles & eventually you'll find a near pefect face in one I suppose.

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: January 05, 2009 06:00AM

Ok.. I just read the comments. One is by a lady claiming to be the fiance of the photographer saying it is real and still exists. My guess is that there is a spirit of some sort associated with that house, and it has influenced a random formation to make a statement.

Date: January 05, 2009 05:30PM

And what's that statement?

Date: January 05, 2009 05:55PM

That icicle will melt.
Not my face in my bricks.

Date: January 05, 2009 06:41PM

Humans see faces everywhere. It's programmed into us.

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: January 05, 2009 07:44PM

communitybuilder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And what's that statement?

"Wassup?" smiling smiley

Date: January 06, 2009 01:14AM

smiling smiley

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 07, 2009 12:55AM

Here is an interesting vid, the narrator talks way too fast and uses some terms without defining them but he covers a semester of core 2 biology in 10 minutes. It's beautiful, to me.
[uk.youtube.com]

Date: January 07, 2009 01:20AM

That guy is very well spoken, not a single "um", "like" or "you know". grinning smiley

Date: January 07, 2009 09:28PM

Spotted in a wooded area of Dover Pa!!!!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 08, 2009 07:13AM

hee hee this pic has been circulating since 1967 smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 08, 2009 04:11PM

Jgunn,

What's weird is that cryptozoologists STILL haven't figured out whether that Sasquatch film is a hoax. It frightens me that I cannot form an opinion about it either!

Date: January 09, 2009 11:25AM

It was a hoax.
[www.bigfootencounters.com]

Non-human primates are native only to the tropics.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 09, 2009 04:03PM

arugula,

That's interesting, however: the hoaxers were never able to materially prove their hoax. Plaster cast, plaster shmast--they have never produced the "gorilla suit." THAT would be the one thing to have kept, don't you think? In acid-free paper in a glass case in the crawlspace under the basement stairs? But these guys . . . ehhh. Last year on, I think The Discovery Channel, a team of paleo-anthropologists and primatologists got together to re-examine the film and other hard data, including foot and torso casts made elsewhere obscurely. Their report was inconclusive, but they agreed that the Big Foot footage from Bluff Creek seems to show something with far too much muscular definition and far too "off" a gait to be a man in a monkey suit in clown shoes, no matter how haute couture the suit and shoes. I remember this because I was disturbed; in spite of my inability to form an opinion, I was always very skeptical of the "uncatalogued hominid" theory. As of that viewing, I'm even more confused.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: January 09, 2009 07:27PM

arugula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Non-human primates are native only to the tropics.

Not so, actually. According to the primate fact sheet from the National Primate Research Center, University of Wisconsin, rhesus macaques are found in both tropical and temperate climates:

"In the northernmost part of their range, the rhesus of the Taihang Mountains in China live in a secondary deciduous forest at elevations between 300 and 1200 m (984 and 3937 ft) with a temperate climate and cold, snowy winters similar to the climate of the central, Midwestern United States. In this region, there are hot, rainy, and humid summers with severely cold and dry winters, and temperatures ranging between -20 degrees C (-4 degrees F) and 40 degrees C (104 degrees F). This is similar to the climate of the region of Pakistan where they are found..."

The same article explains that rhesus macacaques are found throughout Asia, including western, central, and eastern China, and also Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bhutan, and Nepal.

According to the World Future Society:

"There are about 11 species of primates that could live in a temperate climate, living in Morrocco, the mountains of Ethiopia above 11,000 feet, the slopes of the Himalayas, the mountains of China, and in Japan."

But if I were a temperate monkey, I'd be like the Japanese macaques (snow monkeys), who spend much of their winter in the hot springs. smiling smiley

Date: January 09, 2009 10:04PM

Oops, I made a mistake. I should have written apes, not monkeys.

Date: January 09, 2009 11:42PM

Hi arugula,

"Apes" are "great apes" (Hominidae, including humans, chimpanzees, and gorillas) and "lesser apes" (Hylobatidae, including gibbons).

Mountain gorillas are a "great ape" living in the Viruga forest of Rwanda, which is considered "temperate" (San Francisco State University, Dept. of Geography).

Another exception of course is us humans, who are also classified as "great apes" (Hominidae).

It's hard to say that the existence of "yeti" of "bigfoot" would be biologically impossible, given the ubiquitousness of primates, and the possibility that these could be a new (unrecorded) species, with their own unique habitat requirements.

Of course that doesn't mean they DO exist. But then again, it doesn't mean they don't (shrug!).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 11:51PM by suncloud.

Date: January 10, 2009 01:53AM

I did write non-human.

Rwanda's latitude is 2 degrees South of the equator.

Date: January 10, 2009 05:50AM

Arugula, "non-human" noted!

And I goofed. It's Virunga or Virgunga, not "Viruga".

The mountain gorilla's habitat is probably considered temperate due to the altitude, the climate being somewhat colder than at lower altitudes in the same latitude.

In Hawaii there is snow at higher altitudes. Strange, but true.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 21, 2009 06:19PM

Wow,
Interesting thread.
Raw1228,stay on your path.
You are right.

Vinny

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 28, 2009 07:47PM

i believe in bigfoot

bigfoot for president

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables