Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

TORNADO!!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 06, 2010 09:00PM

We don't usually get these in my area but I guess we did last night! What a storm, what a wind! Lightening and rain, the power went out at 2:30AM and won't be back on until Tuesday at the earliest. A bigger town near to us is in a state of emergency and I hear Monroe and Toldedo got smacked pretty hard too (Tam, you ok?). Everyone here is fine though some people are less a vehicle or a roof. We're safe and sound at my mom's until the hydro is fixed.

There are some pics up in flickr of the disaster if you want to check them out though the news is doing a pretty good job of showing off the damage. The power of nature is a phenomenal thing.

[www.flickr.com]

(Tam, there's a fantastic piece of Detroit urban decay up too.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TORNADO!!!
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 06, 2010 11:02PM

coco,

I just saw pics of the damage on the news and I was like, "wha happen'?" Nothing like that hereabouts(I'm about 60 miles north of the Ohio line); just vicious thunderstorms. We seldom get tornadoes in my suburb, which is weird, 'cos it's flat. I haven't worried about what to do in the event of one in years. Now I'm a bit rattled. Neat photos. Scary, though. You won't know what hit you, indeed.

Date: June 07, 2010 02:03AM

I slept through most of it. Woke at 2:30AM 'cause little wanted me to refill his hot water bottle (kid gets wicked growing pains in his shins, poor little dude). The power went out just then and I noticed the end of the bed was getting wet from the crack I'd left the window open. That was the extend of my disturbance from the storm. My basement was a bit wet this morning but that's usual for rain. The beach though, what a wreck.

Did you see the pic of the old Detroit train station? That building is so incredible. Every single window is busted out, it's just a wild sight that thing.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: June 07, 2010 04:14AM

It must be "raining all over the world" to borrow a line from Rainy Night in Georgia because it has been RAINY here in Whakatane, New Zealand too. We just had the second most rain per hour EVER in the country. It flooded some houses at Ohope beach and over 50 people had to be evacuated. One house had a huge tree and mudslide destroy it, although the people inside were not hurt. After about four months of near perfect sunny weather, we got all the stored up rain in a couple of days! Whew!

The donks had been holed up in the barn, but when the sun broke through the clouds I let them out into the big paddock and they ran and chased, jumped and kicked in sheer delight to be out in the world.

My favorite raw vegan

Date: June 07, 2010 04:19AM

What can I say, all the rain so far this year has made for some exceedingly juicy and delicious strawberries so it's not all bad! It's all about the fruit winking smiley

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 07, 2010 10:26AM

wow!!! well, im glad you and your family are ok coco! I hope everyone else is ok too...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables