Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Food and Depopulation: Scams and Solutions. An article
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 22, 2010 01:29AM

At first it's really horrible and depressing but it gets positive and hopeful further in so stick with it.

[beforeitsnews.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Food and Depopulation: Scams and Solutions. An article
Date: July 22, 2010 06:45AM

Maybe. If I lived in your country or cared about your politics. And maybe if it wasn't FULL OF INFO ON BACKYARD GARDENING, ETC. Seriously, get a grip.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2010 06:52AM by coco.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 22, 2010 10:55AM

Quote: Are we not all now allowing ourselves to become like Lois and EL-Natural in posting this stuff? How low can we go?

alan , as you are one in the same as Elnatural ... dont you find it odd to be referring to yourself in the 3rd person ?

seems to me you are just trying to stir up some trouble, did you even read or watch the vids on the post?

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 22, 2010 03:18PM

Ah, so it's You in here pissing and moaning & trying to stir up trouble elnatural. Makes perfect sense. *shakes head*

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 22, 2010 07:39PM

Some truth, some hyperbole, a bit of tin foil sartorialism(if ya know what I mean). And you equivocate, coconuts--almost thoroughly depressing, yea, even up to the end winking smiley

I am not one of that crowd that is terrified by the thought of the Human becoming extinct, and I certainly don't think the Rockefellers are poisoning our drinking water/millet to bring this about. YET, I am one of that crowd that believe fervently that Monsanto is the Devil and that modern agribusiness and its appurtenances are immoral and will destroy Creation(not just people, mind you, but all living things). I do not value human life above all else, and I do not believe that those factions that stand to make profit from an ever burgeoning population would actively work against their own interests. I also don't believe that these factions presuppose that eliminating all food choice will not result in a serious blowback against their interests, perhaps rendering them unattainable.

So the people at this blog, though they advocate for food independence, may as well be speaking Esperanto to someone like me, 'cos the rest of it sounds bonkers. And bonkers is counterproductive to our goal of asserting our right to define and control food.

Do appreciate your posting it just the same. Thanks.

Date: July 22, 2010 09:09PM

For sure, there is a whole lot of bonkers going around, it takes a big grain of salt sometimes. I love the idea of converting all the space we can into grow space though. Food solutions indeed!

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: July 23, 2010 12:28AM

I'm with Tamukha on this all the way!

I agree that Monsanto is definitely a bad guy, and backyard gardening is good. But much of the rest of the article is what appears to be a scam to me. Throw in something that everybody agrees to dislike: GMOs, Monsanto, BP. Next, throw in something that everyone agrees to like: backyard gardening. Then it becomes OK to bash environmental groups, all non-profits, anyone who's concerned about climate change, plus Greenpeace and the UN - even when they've issued moratoriums against GMO and/or fought tirelessly to oppose GMO. The hidden agenda of many of these ultra-right conspiracy theories could be that opposing family planning and breeding more people equals cheaper labor (and continued profitable land development - for those who own the most land - while simultaneously destroying more wild habitat everywhere on the plant), and a marginalized UN equals more wars and the profits those wars will reap.

I think we can plant backyard gardens and be opposed to GMOs, and at the same time, we can still support Greenpeace, be concerned about climate change, and exercise good judgement about the size of our families - if we would like to have enough land left for our children to have backyard gardens too.

Scam all the way. Unfortunately, it works only too well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2010 12:43AM by suncloud.

Date: July 23, 2010 01:25AM

Scam you say? I'm confused, was he selling something?

Anyhow, I don't know that you can actually be too paranoid these days. I think something is completely out there, no way can it be true and then... I find out it is! Shocking. Repeatedly. I don't trust anything at all any more, it's all suspect.

Date: July 23, 2010 03:35AM

Coco, I don't blame you for feeling that way. Sometimes it's good to be a little suspicious, or at least a little skeptical. But a healthy skeptical attitude might also be applied to some conspiracy theories - especially when whole groups of people (like non-profit organizations) are lumped in together as part of the conspiracy, especially when there is no real evidence presented that those people have done anything wrong, especially when those people have a hard-earned reputation of working for righteous causes (like Greenpeace saving whales and such, at the risk of their very lives for little or no pay), and especially when some of those groups have worked hard against the very things that the author claims to be opposed to! If it doesn't add up, be suspicious!

My impression (just my impression) is that the guy is selling something - he's selling a political agenda that's opposed to environmental protection. If he's not selling it, he's definitely pushing it very hard throughout the entire article. So, but how the heck can we ever get control of GMOs if we don't have environmental protection? Well, we won't. Simple.

With all the ranting against environmental protection groups - including the groups actively opposed to GMOs - does the author offer an alternative to those environmental groups? Yes he does: backyard gardening. Will backyard gardening stop GMOs? No it won't ! Most people don't even have a backyard to garden in! I mean to say that backyard gardening is a very good thing. But it's not going to stop GMOs!

Iraq used to have lots of backyard gardens. Did that stop GMOs? Not! Bremer was able to slip in the terror of the Terminator GMO law in Iraq because newly conquered Iraq had no environmental protection.

Here's the thing: Lots of people who hate Monsanto and love their backyard gardens will read the article, think it's groovy, and pretty soon, they'll be talking about how Greenpeace and other environmental groups are corrupt and how climate change and efforts to protect the environment are scams. Do they have any evidence? No. They might not even remember where they heard this from. But maybe, just maybe, they'll believe it - only because they liked the part of the article that was against Monsanto and in favor of backyard gardens.

I'm not saying that happened to you. But I personally felt that the article may very well have had that intent.

Human nature can be manipulated, and it will be if we let it!

Date: July 23, 2010 05:16AM

I hear you, I can't disagree. I won't think ill of the people running greenpeace and other such organizations but I don't think they are entirely immune from manipulation and hidden agendas either. I can't believe the things that go on with so many opposed. How are these travesties allowed to happen? It just doesn't add up to me. Something is off...

Date: July 23, 2010 05:41AM

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either. Too much power concentrated in the hands of too few I guess. And maybe the too few become greedy beyond their own control. sad smiley

Anyway, backyard gardens are great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2010 05:42AM by suncloud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables