Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Something Happy/positive/uplifting.
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: June 28, 2010 08:32AM

Please post something Happy, positive or uplifting in one way or another that has happened to you, or some one you know recently, im asking, cause im suddenly in a very dark place and I think the boost from seeing that other people are having great things happen in their lives may benefit everyone who reads.

Little over a week ago, I decided i wanted to save up, even if it was only a little at a time for a juicer, then a day or so later, my previous boss calls up to tell me the person they got to replace me flaked out on them and they need me back at least for the summer, turned out I also had 40 hours to get be4 the 30th and the hours would expire (Im a respite provider for mentally disabled children, and the hours expire at the end of the quarter...) and the amount I will make from this, will be just enough to buy buy a juicer, with enough money leftover (about $80) to help my sister pay the deposit on a place of her own... she needs an extra $100, I'll borrow another $20 from a friend or something,LOL... so really, thats TWO positive thingsgrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley LOL...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Something Happy/positive/uplifting.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 28, 2010 11:43PM

We came over to my mom's today for a little sunny backyard pool with w my sister (visiting from far away) and didn't get hassled at the border at all. That's several good things:
Sun
Pool
Sister
Gramma's house
backyard
easy border crossing
(plus the not having to be entirely responsible for the cleaning, meals, kids. And having a fast internet connection for a change too!)

Pretty good stuff, right? And she makes juice in the mornings too smiling smiley yay!

Date: June 29, 2010 12:35AM

yaygrinning smiley yup, awesome stuff ^_^ thanks for the postsmiling smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 30, 2010 01:31PM

Just the fact that I can get up in the morning,after some of the things I have been through,and places I have been.

Vinny

Date: June 30, 2010 02:50PM

dang good way of looking at things vinny, if a person can be happy about just that, theres not much else that can really bring them down...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: brome ()
Date: June 30, 2010 04:26PM

Here's a real funny spoof:

[www.supertopo.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 30, 2010 06:47PM

Oh, brome, those made my day!

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: July 01, 2010 06:28AM

Cool Brome, thanks for posting those.

My happy story is that I've got a volleyball team who I'm realy inspired to be playing with. They are all good players and good friends. In the league which we play in, we are building a reputation for being a team who will give away points and even games for the sake of honesty and goodwill. Its effects on each game are contageous, I love it.

Date: July 01, 2010 09:33PM

yeah, those where really funny brome,lol... that sounds pretty awesome Lightformsmiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 01, 2010 09:43PM

Funny billboards grinning smiley
Lightform, that's wonderful to hear. I love the triumph of good sportspersonship over the momentary thrill of winning. Great story.

Today we visited a friend who just has a heart attack and triple bipass surgery. I know that doesn't sound wonderfully uplifting but he's actually doing very well, there was little damage to his heart and he is recuperating nicely AND he's interested in cleaning up his diet. I was there with friends who recently converted to eating a more vegetarian and higher raw diet so the three of us were a power house of inspiration and information for him. It was great to feel like we could offer him some practical and simple things to get him started on the path to healthier living. I'm looking forward to him finding his way... A ray of light...

Date: July 01, 2010 09:50PM

thats great coco! it sucks he had the heart attack and surgery, but its awesome he wants to clean up his dietgrinning smiley

Im in the middle of an in depth interviewing process for a live in position as a housekeeper in Carmel california, I will be quite happy if I get the Jobm and im pretty happy now that I even have the possibility of getting it. ^_^

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 03, 2010 05:42AM

I'm going to a raw food pot luck dinner today. It's the forth one I've been to since they started up about half a year ago. It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out because now that the group has grown, we have had to migrate to a public venue. Hopefully it will still keep the happy hippy vibe that the others have had, I'm wondering about it though because it seems to be getting quite a few people who aren't raw fooders... we'll see.

Date: July 03, 2010 10:03PM

well, it may help bring a deeper appreciation of raw food to those who arent raw foodists, even if it doesnt, at least they will hopefully be nice people, enjoying awesome raw food ^_^, that really sounds like allot of fun too!

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 04, 2010 03:40AM

Well it was an enjoyable night. There were about 30 people there and I got to meet a few new faces. The venue was quite cozy, nicer than I had expected. A lady who owns a living and health food buisness did a talk to us, and although she means well and had some practical advice, I personally wasn't taken with her presumtion that she had found all the answers.

The lady who has organised these events is a angle though, a real humanitarian. She radiates warmth and it is inspiring. Oh and yeah.. and I guess the food was good as well for a change of style winking smiley.

Date: July 04, 2010 05:07AM

Glad you had a nice time, it's good to get out and socialize now and then, I miss it. What I wouldn't give to have someone else make me some healthy food right now. I am SO busy, swamped. Way too busy to think up and prepare anything good and good for us. We're eating a lot of watermelon, these kids and I. It's not very fancy but at least it never gets boring, to me at least winking smiley.

I took the kids to the beach today for the first time this summer, I had a friend's little boy overnight and all day and another friend came along w her 3 so we were many. We swam and dug holes in the sand and got hot and gritty and then came home to rinse off and eat watermelon in the backyard, it was grand! Oh, we went to a yard sale around the corner this morning too and found all kinds of great stuff including a new bike for my little man!

I'm making up a big box of craft supplies to send to another crafter and finding all kinds of interesting stuff crammed into this studio, it's a neat adventure. I feel happy to see these long lost treasures and even better to be sending them off to a new home where they might have a chance to get used instead of disappearing into my craft supply mountain again grinning smiley.

Date: July 04, 2010 07:49AM

that is awesome lightform, sounds like it was allot of fun that sounds pretty fun too cocogrinning smiley

well something sad today was also something that made me quite happy, one of the two friends who seriously helped keep me together when things where the worst, had some issues she really needed help with, and she came to me, Its sad that she had problems she needed help with, but it made me very happy that I was able to help her and that she left feeling great and with things in allot better focus for her...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 05, 2010 01:35AM

Today I didn't wake up to an alarm clock, instead my children were all over me in the bed giggling and snuggling up.
Today I didn't rush around trying to get breakfast and a school lunch prepared and telling my kids to stop playing and eat faster, instead we ate watermelon and goofed off all morning.
Today I didn't spend the day counting the hours until the yellow bus brought my little boy home, instead we hung out in the backyard with friends and put together a play structure we got at a yardsale down the street for $5.
I didn't worry about anything, I just enjoyed myself.
I didn't feel uptight or stressed out or rushed or late or anxious. I just felt hot and sweaty and sticky and good.
It was lovely.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 05, 2010 04:12AM

smilesmiling smiley

Date: July 05, 2010 06:19AM

that sounds pretty awesome cocogrinning smiley

Date: July 09, 2010 10:55PM

I am happy I just finished my first ever 3 day fresh veggie juice fast.

Vinny

Date: July 09, 2010 11:12PM

Awesomegrinning smiley Im on day one of attempting a week long onegrinning smiley I feel great so far today,lol, I'll get back to ya in 2 more days on how I feel, then again in a week ^_^

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 10, 2010 12:26AM

Hey, I'm not pregnant of nursing anymore... I could fast... hmm.
Don't know how to do it while making food for the kids though (how habitual it is to lick the spoon, right?). We'll see. I could Certainly do an all watermelon fast, I could have that all day every day No Problem grinning smiley.

Happy moment ~ I'm making another Day Of The Dead sock monkey and it's turning out great. I love that.

Date: July 10, 2010 12:49AM

LOL, that sounds pretty awesomesmiling smiley

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 10, 2010 11:07AM

Curator,
Good luck with your fast.
I only did 3 days,and was amazed how good I felt.
I had literally nothing but fresh fruit and veggie juices.

I understand the toughest part of a fast starts at about 5-7 days.
I want to do that,in August,to get through that tough phase and reap the benefits of a more thorough cleansing.

Vinny

Date: July 11, 2010 06:52AM

hmmm, thanks vinny, good luck for when you try it too, ya know if I feel good enough at the 7 day mark, maybe I will continue and see how far I can go, one thing though... ive felt pretty good today so far, physically at least, except ive had this headache...

On a happy note, there was a big garage sale today, and the complex manager had a bunch of plants on sale, I asked her if Ibought any of them, could I put them near the curb by my apartment where they could get some sun, a nd she said ok, sooo now I have me some rosemary, lemon balm, lemon thyme, and chives... (i got them for a quarter each!!!woohoo!) oh and at another arage sale I got a bunch of brand new puzzles for 50 cents eachgrinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley... Im also hapy when I found that some friends of mine are selling wheat grass at the farmers market, and they gave me 50% off, so I bought a whole pallet of wheatgrass from them for $5 juicedmy first about 1-6th of the pallet, got much more juice out of it than I expected...wow that stuff was srong! but I loved it!!! is it weird I like th taste? I was under th impression people dont like it normally?

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 12, 2010 02:11AM

oooh my gooosh!
i just lurrrveeeesss veggie juice feasting!

feel sooo gooooodsmiling smileywhenever i do em

even like to READ about them on this thread LOLsmiling smiley

Date: July 12, 2010 05:14AM

My impression of wheat grass is that a lot of people like it at first but the novelty wears off. I find it quite horrible but I drink it all the same. I've learned to hold my breath while drinking it and then follow it with a glass of water before letting my breath go, and this way I can consume it without realy tasting it winking smiley.

On the note of juice fasting, I'd recommend anyone who wants an amazing experience to try an all green juice day with some spirulina and/or chlorella thrown in. I find that I get a noticable amount stronger, quicker and clearer thinking when I do this. It is my own little sport secret grinning smiley.

Date: July 12, 2010 02:29PM

well light form, for the price, im sure I wont purchase it again as its not economical, growing it myself is possible, but I really do like the flavor, its not novelty for me, I love the sweet pungent grassy-ness of it... Maybe its cause I used to eat grass as a kid,lol...

heya LV yeah, Im feeling GREAT today! yesterday I was not feeling to hot... had a headache all day, and felt rundown, but today im feeling awesome!!! starting day 4 with just over 5 cups of juice, made with 1 bunch of dino kale, 3 stalks celery, 3 radishes with their stems and leaves, and the rest was carrot...I didnt really measure how much though, but id guess probably 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of carrot max... this stuff tastes like candy to me, i cant get enough!!!

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: July 16, 2010 10:45PM

Ahoy Pastafarians!

[www.foundmagazine.com]

Damn funny. Not for the overly religious though, sorry.

Date: July 17, 2010 12:23AM

LOL... Im already an official member of their churchtongue sticking out smiley,lol...

Something totally awesome, I sold my car, and I now own a motorcyclegrinning smiley
Something more awesome, I got in a wreck on my motorcycle today, and both me and the motorcycle are perfectly finegrinning smiley lol...my shop table has seen better days though...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables