Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Crap vs good
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 18, 2010 10:45PM

My dear folks,
Has life shown you that the crap you do always comes back.vs the GOOD and the love?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Seems so.

seems @#$%& comes back....................and NONE of the love has lasted.

I seem to think this is one hell of a topic.
Interested to hear responses.

VINNY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crap vs good
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 18, 2010 10:47PM

example....
giving friends rides who have no car and money.

only to get hit with parking tickets for doing so.

what the @#$%&??

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 18, 2010 10:53PM

Eaglefly: When you do things for other people, you have to be 100% selfless. And that means that you may get hit for a parking ticket, the person could turn out to be a douchebag, etc. In other words, you cannot do things and pat yourself on the back as to what a great guy you are and then get pissed when everything doesn't turn out roses. Non-attachment is the key. You say: "none of the love has lasted." Was it really love? Do you attract people who take and don't give in their own way? If so, it could point to your latching onto anything which remotely resembles love and putting all your chips down on that bet. Non-attachment...

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 19, 2010 01:08AM

Vinny...I like to think that if you keep giving with a humble heart, eventually it will come back to you in a good way...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 19, 2010 01:32AM

Vin,

Find the opposite is true, BUT, I never do anything with an expectation of reward, only with confidence. I truly believe that if I am pure in my intentions and insist without greed or selfishness that something should go my way, it will. And most of the time, it does. But if it should not, I do not feel anger nor resentment. I merely register it and move on in hopefulness that it won't always work out contrary to what I want, 'cos that's just not statistically possible, yeah? Like, giving a friend a ride, I would be careful to not park somewhere I'd get a parking ticket, but my main focus would be happily helping out my friend and wishing them well on their journey, or whatever. If I were to get a parking ticket anyhow, I'd resolve to not put myself into a situation where that would happen again[effecting control over what I can control], pay it, and forget about it. Righteousness isn't a conscious behavior--it is proof of character, and though it must be nurtured, it's worth it because it's the best, most successful way to go through life.

As for love not lasting; meh, maybe it wasn't what was meant for you at that time. And, although it's not the same thing as what you're talking about, perhaps, it must mean something that there are people here who feel genuine friendship for you and care about what happens to you, sight unseen, and wish you joy as I do. No?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 19, 2010 02:58AM

Where did you park bro? This might be more about that than the favour you did for a friend. Just saying...

I don't notice myself getting back the same sort of thing I put out there, I get back different stuff but I believe it to be in equal measure. Or balanced at least. In any case, I have found that when I keep my needs reasonable and my attachment to the end result of my actions low, I get exactly what and how much I need. I feel very taken care of in this life, it's not a luxurious life by any standard (in terms of life style, partnerships, material things etc) but I have everything I truly need.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 19, 2010 06:59AM

dunno vinny

others know better than me

esp. you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables