Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New friendships can kinda suck sometimes...
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 28, 2010 06:21AM

I mean, the friendships are great, just the timing... I was invited to this big potato dig called the "great potato shin-digg"lol... by the owners of the local organic farm ive been buying tons of kale from, normally they just invite people who have purchased a CSA, but they invited me to, which I thought was really nice of them to begin with... we all spent about 2 hours digging up potatos, they have a tractor they bring through the field that basically does all the hard work, loosens up the dirt without hurting the potatoes, and we just sifted through the dirt and put the taters in bins, there was purple and red and white fingerlings... was a blast! we dug up literally a TON of potatoes in 2 hours! over 2,000 pounds...

After we where done with that they provided a HUGE meal for everyone, some cooked foods, some not vegan, but MOST where raw vegan, made with recipes I provided them, a fact they actually told everyone there when they called us all in to eat... "Alright everybody, its time to eat! and make sure to thank Jeremy over there (points at me) cause most of the food here today was made with his recipes!" I spent hours today just emailing people copies of the recipes to people who requested them... it was highly embarrassing, but ya know it was really nice, I have never felt more accepted in this town than I did there that day, we sat there all afternoon and into the evening with great fresh food, awesome live music, all the home made nasturtium beer you could drink, and total strangers treating me like family... I finally find a place here, and im leaving... I cant help but cry about it a little, but they aren't completely sad tears, I am really happy that Ive made such great friends around here, when I told them I was moving in a few weeks, paul gave me a big hug and so did Julie jo, she looked like she was gonna cry, I almost did too,lol... im really gonna miss them... also, the goats where really awesome too... friendliest goats I have ever met!!! lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New friendships can kinda suck sometimes...
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 28, 2010 02:27PM

What I get from this is that you have no problem attracting really good people when you really need them--that's a gift and you should be glad of it and cherish it. You are leaving soon for a difficult journey of another kind, and you will have the happy memories of this event and the affection of these people to help get you through the dimmer hours and days that lie ahead. You are a forunate man, no mistake smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 28, 2010 03:52PM

I was thinking that this has been an amazing thing for you too. It's helped create a mental model of the sort of friendship you are most attracted to and that will help manifest it in your life from now on. You'll find this again, it will be what you're attracted to and what you attract to yourself as well.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 28, 2010 05:47PM

wow that potato shindig with all the different pretty colored potatoes
sounds like a blast

i always wondered how to make delicious raw vegan recipes with potatoes

what did your creative mind come up with?
i'd sure like to hear it

do you have a recipe for raw mashed potatoes using potatoes ?

that would be soooo awesome

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: September 28, 2010 07:27PM

Solanine is a potentially toxic alkaloid that tends to be at its highest concentration in the green parts of the potato, so if you want to eat raw potato, it would be best to avoid ones that are greenish near the skin or trim it away. (Cooking destroys it, so that's why this is only an issue for raw.)

I confess to missing potatoes with salt, butter, etc., but raw??? Not so much. A potato shindig does sound like fun, though. I remember talking with a woman who used to work on a pineapple plantation. She had many fond memories of comraderie with other workers when harvesting.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 29, 2010 02:11AM

yeah, tam & coco, im sure that is the case, it was pretty awesome, and im glad to have had the experience...

yeah, none of the raw dishes had potatoes in them, there was a potato salad with cooked potatoes, that was quite delicious, but I loved the various "salads" that where raw, I cant even count how many of just the simple fresh ripe tomatoes I ate... the most requested recipe was for the south american slaw, they modified my recipe a little, put some cherry tomatoes in it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 02, 2010 04:08AM

cabbage n tomatoes

a winnersmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables