Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

It's baaack!!!!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 21, 2010 09:42PM

The onslaught of holiday stuff being pushed upon us. As I predicted, it has started earlier this year. In Chicago an adult-contemporary radio station begins the Christmas music on November 1st. I think they conclude after New Year's! So basically two straight months of this, non-stop. They didn't always do this, but as with everything else, so many people seem to NEED the false levity of particular days (which is an illusion). And as with all needs, they get upped and upped because the real emptiness is not getting fulfilled. I have been in several stores which have been playing Christmas music already and I find it insulting to my intelligence. They are only doing it to rake in more dough and think that we are so easily manipulated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's baaack!!!!
Date: November 22, 2010 07:39PM

My favorite holiday is T-Day. It's a shame it's getting lost in the capitalistic shuffle--I guess there is barely any moola in it. But the biggest casualty in this ever-increasing push at Christmas is the holiday itself! When you "celebrate" something too long, it dilutes the specialness. Oh well...people think that more=greater bliss. I cannot wait for the new consciousness to dawn, LOL

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: November 22, 2010 11:41PM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you "celebrate"
> something too long, it dilutes the specialness.
>

I agree! The radio has been playing christmas music for the past 3 weeks and I am already SICK OF IT.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 27, 2010 06:02AM

well, i'm BAACk too

so hurrrumppphh!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2010 06:02AM by la_veronique.

Date: November 27, 2010 07:23PM

Welcome back...(cue in tv theme songsmiling smiley)

Please I hope that no one mistakes me for a grinch. I am simply trying to preserve a very special thing that is not up for the highest bidder! Reading all the stories of Black Friday and the lines in front of stores in the cold, all I can do is shake my head in amazement. I am so glad that I know longer exchange gifts at Christmas. It was always so stressful and not enjoyable. I prefer to give and receive gifts on my b-day or just becausesmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables