Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Countdown to 2012
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 01, 2010 03:11AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Countdown to 2012
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 01, 2010 02:39PM

[shrieking with delight]Where did you FIND this?! It was great!

I'd have finished college in, like, two years, if all my anthropology and history courses had been consolidated into just watching this video once or twice, LOL

Thanks so much for posting smiling smiley

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 01, 2010 04:08PM

As with all things historic, it only reflects a point of view based on who is telling the story. Its very creative and energizing however.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: December 01, 2010 06:41PM

Hmmm....I didn't like the gun and slit wrist stuff, but then I can't bear to watch violent stuff. It was cool, but too modernistic for me. Also, never being into literature class - where they're always asking 'what does it MEAN?" - it was sort of puzzling. What it meant to me was that we're too technological and scientific for our own good, and like the Atlantis inhabitants, we will destroy ourselves with our own creative innovations. I'm probably way off base -- what was it supposed to represent? I didn't 'get it'....

Date: December 01, 2010 06:55PM

Kidraw,
I had some of the same feelings, but perhaps a little different. I thought it was too 'western' in perspective, but industrial seems to be the trend for everyone these days. My ancestry and cultural background is one which was still non-agricultural up until about 150 years ago. Actually its still non-agricultural, but now has access to just about everything like most people have.

I didn't like the suicidal stuff either, and also the huge population growth. I don't think that being technical and scientific as being bad in and of itself. However, its not a good match with older ideals in many cultures, like big families. If more people survive, there should ideally be less people born.

Date: December 01, 2010 09:13PM

It's a metaphor, guys--chill.

Date: December 01, 2010 10:09PM

Tamukha... glad you liked it, I thought it was great! I stumbled across it on youtube.

I had to laugh when the mob hanged the scientist for explaining the clock. Classic. LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2010 10:13PM by RocketShip.

Date: December 02, 2010 03:15PM

RocketShip,

I'm recalling now a French film from the 90s, based on a true story of a lawyer in the late Middle Ages who defended farm animals put on trial for sorcery(in the film, a hog is put on trial for murder). Humans--you can't make this stuff about them up!

Date: December 04, 2010 02:00PM

Tamukha,
The metaphor is probably not much comfort either, I am sure. In any case my partner and I can hardly wait for 2012 to come and go. My partner predicts that nothing at all will happen, except for people doing something weird because they thing something will happen. Hoping that all this fanaticism will end. My partner is also hoping that it will make a dent in religion in general also. I am not so sure the last part will happen under any circumstance.

Date: December 04, 2010 03:51PM

Mislu,

According to a billboard that went up hereabouts recently, The Rapture is scheduled to occur on May 21, 2011. So it will all be over sooner than that, even winking smiley

Date: December 05, 2010 01:49PM

Yes, Herold Camping really worked it all out. unless other people have set that date also. Not the first time someone made a prediction.

Date: December 05, 2010 02:06PM

Tamukha,
I don't know why, but I actually find setting dates for those types of events rather annyoing. I will date myself I guess, but I remember in the 80's someone predicted the end of the world or something with the alignment of the planets. I actually forgot that was going to happen, but a large number of students actually stayed home. Some for fear, the others because they figured that most people weren't going to be there, so they should have a day off as well. I remember they stayed home praying or reading the bible or something.

That sort of thing reminds me of the shroud of turin, how people wanted to get it tested. I knew way in advance that it wouldn't proove anything either way. Skeptics felt validated that it wasn't as old as claimed. True believers called foul, claiming that the carbon dating sample was of fibers used to repair it.

That is what is going to happen in 5/21/11. It will come and pass with nothing, but some people will probably claim that people were 'raptured'. I am sure some true believers will have some shock being 'left behind' with non-believers. But somehow people will rework the idea such that it doesn't cause a crisis in faith. It always happens.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 05, 2010 07:56PM

5/21/11 wouldn't even be accurate by biblical timing anyway, people tend to come up with that number, or something close to it, when they fail to take into account the differences between the old Hebrew calender and our current one...amongst other things...But its like I tell my dad when he gets all fixated on end time prophecy crap, if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't, its not going to matter either way, all we can do is live our lives the best way we know how, and if it happens there's nothing we can do to change it, and if it doesn't happen, well, its better then that we continued to live our lives normally, can you imagine how much it would suck to have spent all your life savings thinking the world was about to end, then it doesn't?lol...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Date: December 06, 2010 03:05PM

Agreed, Curator.

Mislu,

To me, seeing the billboard I mentioned above was like hearing news from another distant, alien planet. My brain just doesn't respond to the idea of carving in stone the dates of the unknowable. I am actually very interested in the kind of brain that does respond to this; is it a different kind of intuition, or a deficit of confidence, or a glut of confidence or of faith? What is it in that person's thinking that is satisfied by a date for the end of all things? To me the idea isn't just absurd--it is beyond contemplation. How is it different for the person that responds to End Times prophecy?

Date: December 06, 2010 03:15PM

well, for me at least, if things do end, I do not believe it will be an end of everything, but a new beginning, maybe an end to the world as we know it, maybe even ourselves as we know it...but not to the real us... maybe A whole new world, a whole new creation, and another chance to grow and learn and get things right... I could be wrong, but its nice to think that if the world ends, not EVERYTHING will end...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: December 06, 2010 06:39PM

Curator,
I was raised with that 'end times' stuff. Actually very anxiety producing. In actual fact people have been predicting the end of the world for a very long time. I believe people thought they were living in 'latter days' a thousand years ago, something like that....

Tamukha,
I really don't know, its like the person who has calucated the day of creation. In a geology class the instructor brought up a person who calculated the birthday of the earth. I want to say that person thought the earth was about 5,000 years old. If you have taken any geology, the geologic periods are measured in millions of years for the most part. The precambrian period was very, very long, in the billions of years. Of course to bible literalists that is all a lie. I met someone who denied plate tectonics because it wasn't specifically mentioned in the bible. I suppose its his right to challenge it, but I never quite understood how he could do so in the face of evidence. Apparently africa and south america just happen to look like they would fit together to test our faith.

Curator,
I do believe in absolute end of the earth, however that might happen by an asteroid, or when the sun becomes a red giant or perhaps supernovas. most likely it will be the end for humanity in the next 100 years because we have polluted everything, and over populated. As far as I know the actual sustainable population is supposed to be ONE MILLION, not 6 billion and counting.

Date: December 07, 2010 02:05PM

I thought it would be nice to make a video "Harold Camping gets left behind". Would it be too forward to ask him what he is going to do May 22,2011 when his prediction doesn't happen, or at the very least when he discovers that he wasn't included in the rapture?

As an asside I tend to hear 'raptor', as in a giant hawk is swooping down.

Date: December 07, 2010 03:36PM

Mislu,

Weird! That requires that I mention something I've been thinking about since this thread started. It was a few years back that the local paper published a photo from the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky, from before they opened. It was of a beautifully constructed lifesize diorama showing life near the beginning of Time. A little tan skinned girl in a linen tunic is hanging about near a small task area(it might have been a campfire), while in the background, out of the greenery, looms a dinosaur, a velociraptor, as I recall. The photo caption described it as the girl's "pet." At the time, I was transfixed, transfixed by the image. It was so far from everything I knew about the universe, I could not understand it. Maybe this is what Harold Camping feels like when people try to tell him his ideas don't make sense? In any case, IMO, the term raptor is somehow strangely apt here . . .

Date: December 07, 2010 07:57PM

Tamukha... what was it that caused you to become transfixed? Was it because it went against conventional "creationism" beliefs? Or because dinos and humans didn't exist at the same time in history? I'm curious...

Date: December 07, 2010 10:39PM

RocketShip,

I think the diorama actually aligns pretty well with Creationist beliefs, which hold that either the fossil record is a vast fraud or that it isn't a fraud because humans and dinosaurs coexisted. These are, I believe, the only possible views in Creationism re: humans and dinosaurs.

I never met a Creationist until recently. Thus, what the photo showed was the most bizarre alternate conception of paleohistory I'd ever heard of. To be more specific, it was that it was illogical within a premise of illogic: Creationism aside, any ten-year-old with minimal understanding of nature would know that an animal with great gnashing teeth and colossal jaws and gigantic horned fangs is a vicious carnivorous predator and cannot be kept as a pet. The idea is ludicrous. As I thought about what the photo was purporting as a plausible reality, it was as though I was sinking into a fugue of anti-reason, falling deeper and deeper into confused thoughts. Then, the phone rang, and snapped me out of it smiling smiley

Date: December 07, 2010 10:47PM

well, there are dogs...lol... and tigers, people keep them as pets, and most of the owners arent eaten...lol... and no, im not saying I think people kept raptors as pets... If they did, then it would only be because maybe raptors where more intelligent than we think, and where able to somehow bond emotionally with humans...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: December 07, 2010 11:50PM

Curator,

Almost no one keeps a tiger(which is not a carnivrorous dinosaur, ahem) as a pet, certainly not a child.

Not . . . a . . . pet. In this reality, anyhow smiling smiley

Date: December 08, 2010 06:56AM

Is this the scene? If so... it is a vegetarian dino.
[littlegreenfootballs.com]

I didn't think dinos and humans co-existed. Dinos were wiped out before humans, right??

Date: December 08, 2010 07:13AM

This is interesting... regarding Ica stones, dinos, modern medicine in the stone ages, etc... be sure to watch the video...

[xenophilius.wordpress.com]

Date: December 08, 2010 04:12PM

RocketShip,

Yes! That's the very diorama! But I don't think it's the blogger assessing that as a "vegetarian" dinosaur. I'm pretty sure that's a raptor, and the museum has designated it a vegetarian dinosaur in order to circumvent that pesky problem of its obvious ferocity. All flesh eating animals were vegetarians, Once Upon A Time, is part of the Creationist cosomology, as I understand it. Apparently, they have a diorama of The Flood showing two tortoises swimming to "salvation" instead of drowning, as they should, so I wouldn't put it past them. I am going to the Creation Museum to see these things for myself, if it's the last thing I do, so help me . . . whoever.

As for the Ica Stones, etc., proof that humans and dinosaurs coexisted will be definitive if it comes in the form of a hominid fossil being discovered in the same record bed as a dinosaur fossil. And only thus, IMO. Until then, such folk artifacts may be interpreted according to two possible premises: either as ancient people's pictorial explanation of exposed fossils they were discovering[see: the Minotaur], or, as ancient people's encountering extant individuals of species believed to be long extinct[see: Coelecanth], as blogger xeno surmises. Personally, I like the Ancient Astronaut hypothesis, in which our space brothers allowed human solons of ancient times to travel backwards through the ages of this world to glean wisdom. But that's a whole nother discussion smiling smiley

Date: December 08, 2010 04:12PM

Rocket ship,
If I understand geology and biological evolution correctly, dinos and humans are seperated by several thousand years. There is supposed to be a fossil of humanoid footsteps and dino prints together...so eh...what is that? I believe its pre-human primates, but yet that doesn't seem quite right either. I don't know if primates even co-existed with dinos.

Tamukha,
Way cool! Thank you for sharing the story! I guess we are touching on a common universal thought or wave length. That seems to happen to me and other people on the forum more often than in other places. I noticed this more often after trying indium as a supplement. I don't think I would take the drops again, as they probably are really toxic, but some claim that the mineral helps create sychronicity more often. But then again, I have had this sort of thing happen a lot anyways, so maybe its nothing.

Perhaps the strangest was when I was talking with someone on the phone, and I started mentioning particular countries. I didn't know it, but she was holding a map, and it was what she was looking at. Each time she changed a page, I correctly stated the country on that page. she was astonished and asked If i was psychic.

Another very strange thing which has little to do with anything, I was talking to a schizophrenic online, and I actually felt a very strong cosmic 'oneness' with everything. Kind of cool, but I don't really recommend having extensive conversations with a schizophrenic, unless you want to experience an altered sense of reality. Maybe its me, as I tend to tap into others psychology sometimes. I got a little taste of what that must be like, its strange.

Speaking of strange, I find most creationist stuff to be exactly that. I don't think a dino would make a good pet, unless a child has a python for a pet, or a monitor lizard. Not to be out of creationism, there is a hindu book on the topic, alternative geology, or forbidden geology or archeology or something. that is stranger yet, but at least it accepts billions of years of geology, and evolution.

Date: December 08, 2010 07:10PM

The same thing happens with me often as well mislu, its an interesting experience... Oddly, it seems to only happen for me between people who end up having a large Impact in my life, Or I in theirs... it used to happen all the time with just about anyone, but its reduced to this state since I decided I didn't like feeling that close to Everyone... your the first person ive known who has had similar experiences on a regular basis...that is really exciting to me, I thought I was crazy,lol.

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: December 08, 2010 07:26PM

Curator,
Maybe everyone else is crazy for being seperated from that experience. Sometimes being close can be kind of scary, sometimes not. But its nice when you get along with the someone your close to. It might also be a sense of volunerability, sometimes people take advantage.

Date: December 08, 2010 07:36PM

yeah, people took advantage allot, plus feeling that close to people who aren't exactly great people...well it wasn't great...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: December 08, 2010 11:30PM

Mislu and Curator,

You are lucky to be so "attuned." I used to experience this quite a lot, but when I was younger and a meat eater. Hope that last one is just a coincidence and doesn't mean something dire sad smiley

Hey, it occurs to me that your being attuned to others' thoughtwaves may pertain to the "Is the Universe a Hologram?" thread, huh?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables