Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Burnin' Down the house!
Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: December 09, 2010 06:27PM

10:30 am pacific time (USA).
It's full of explosives...

Watch it live here:
[www.cbs8.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2010 06:28PM by swimmer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Burnin' Down the house!
Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: December 10, 2010 03:31AM

Okay, so thankfully it was boring. It burnt without blowing up.

You could see the thick dark gray column of smoke the whole time from my house. This evening at sunset, the sky looked really ugly, dirty gray/brown. I doesn't smell bad, but not quite right either. I had the house closed up, but I have know idea what chemicals we're breathing...We are told it's safe, but how safe can it be? The place was a bomb factory, and he was a hoarder, so it was packed full of who knows what.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 10, 2010 08:08AM

The owner of the rental property reportedly will not be reimbursed by the government, although it was unclear if the loss of the house might be covered by insurance.

I would be very unhappy about that!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 10, 2010 03:34PM

Did you read the description of the homeowner?! Even money, he's a Balkan war criminal. What's he doing in this country, for heaven's sake?

swimmer,

Do you have home air purifiers? I'd wear a mask when leaving the house, also. Hope all turns out well, and that things stabilize chemically around there quickly.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: December 10, 2010 04:37PM

The controlled burn resulted in temperatures of 1,500 to 1,800 degrees, enough heat enough to neutralize all the dangerous chemicals discovered throughout it, said San Marcos Fire Chief Todd Newman, one of the supervisors of the operation.

Really? That doesn't sound plausible.

Can you stay at a friends for a few days (preferably one not near the fire)? That's what I have to do when they spray for pests. It helps.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 10, 2010 04:55PM

1,500, 1,800 is the average ignition temp for most dangerous materials used in explosives, once they burn off, they shouldnt be a danger anymore, and MOST chemicals used for explosives do not produce allot of toxic gasses, id be more concerned with what that house was built with burning than the explosives (unless he had any heavy metal oxides, or teflon oxide, but thats unlikely.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables