Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

T-fal Commercial
Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: December 09, 2010 09:07PM

Have you seen this commercial? I'm surprised "raw food" is popular enough to be a target of commercials.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: T-fal Commercial
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 10, 2010 03:20PM

Clever, but a better question would be, "Do we have to eat french fries to feel that we're eating food?" But then, that wouldn't be a T-Fal commercial smiling smiley

Date: December 10, 2010 04:33PM

I think the answer to your question for many would be a resounding, "Yes!".

The raw or fried struck me as an odd comparison for potatoes since baking and boiling are two very common no-fat, not just lower fat ways of preparing them.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: December 10, 2010 05:02PM

to be honest, potatos are the main reason I will never be able to be 100% raw...lol... I dont actually like them fried because of how greasy they tend to be, I find it makes me feel sick, but I love them baked with some herbs and olive oil, or mashed with a lil garlic and salt & pepper... if somebody can come up with a raw alternative that tastes even close, I will sooo switch...lol I have been experimenting with some combos though... cooked potato with raw veggies (and even some raw fruits in some things ive tried) mixed in...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 10, 2010 06:17PM

veghunter,

More insidious even is the implication that it's a bad parent that doesn't consider french fries legitimate kid food, and, given that, a good parent always fries their own potatoes at home. Rather than, you know, buying at McDonald's or getting the greasier oven-ready crinkle cuts from the grocery store.

This is the sound of the bar being lowered.

Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: December 10, 2010 07:05PM

Fries for kids... of course. sad smiley

So someone has found a way to make fried foods look healthy. yay.

Like I told my niece and her husband... you don't NEED a deep fryer at home! Fried foods should be off the list completely. They were frying already cooked foods, too. Horrible!

If that had been a McDonald's commercial giving a plate full of fries to a kid it probably would have been sensored by the FCC! lol

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 10, 2010 07:31PM

Was this commercial aired in America? I actually am pumped about it because it shows that raw food is becoming part of the lexicon. At first I thought that they were just talking about the food being raw, but when they said 'consuming less fat,' then I knew it was the actually diet!smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 10, 2010 10:30PM

Deep fried ice cream, deep fried chocolate bars, deep fried turkey, I've seen so many things deep fried, it's just astonishing to me! But then people see what I eat and think I'm spectacularly unusual so there you go.

It is interesting to see the raw food diet, or knowledge of it anyhow, become common.

Date: December 10, 2010 11:48PM

Yes, bananawho, this was a sponsor ad on PBS for a cooking show.

Your points are all very good. I can't say that there's any good in this commercial because it seems to be aimed more at people who aren't eating fries because they're trying to avoid excess fat rather than habitual deep fryers who could cut back on their fat consumption. But, it is interesting to see raw food acknowledged. Maybe one day it will be in a positive light.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables